German League Preparing to Return - Likely There'll Be No Fans Until Next Year

drgriffen

Bundesliga CEO Christian Seifert discussing the plans for the Bundesliga to return in early May.

He also says he thinks it unlikely there will be any fans until the new year and that the transfer market is going to collapse.

If we follow suit and games are played without fans then how are we gonna sell season tickets ?

Seems mental, but you better believe I’ll be watching every game I can if it comes back for then.

Seems a long shot. All it takes is one player or one staff member testing positive and theyd have to stop again. And Germany is still registering thousands of cases daily.

How are they going to deal with fans turning up outside stadia when their team have a match to avoid relegation, to clinch the title, to gain promotion etc.

I just don't see this working. It certainly wouldn't in the UK.

Germany has still to reach their peak with the virus the deaths are starting to climb. Can't see any league in Europe starting before the end of June.

To quote the famous phrase “Football without fans is nothing.”

Takes away the theatre, passion, everything that’s good about a match day experience.

Watched the Europa league games that were behind closed doors and it just isn’t right.

Would rather just watch reruns of us scudding celtic.

Can’t see this happening. Maybe other leagues could survive on tv money but Scotland certainly couldnt

Back