Gerrard expects bids for Tav.

Anything north of £10m would see him leave (or at least the bid accepted). I'd be holding out for as much as we possible can get

I will be gutted if we let him go.

I used to think in the past we should cash in but this season he’s totally changed my mind on him and if you actually focus on the things he brings to the team, rather than what he doesn’t, he’s just a huge player for us.

He’s our captain and our leader on the park. To sell him at this stage when we are finally looking like mounting a serious challenge would be criminal.

same as me, but I think once he got over the hoodoo of beating that mob I've changed my opinion drastically - that it was players around him fault and not solely Tav's - with better players to "captain" we've seen a very good leader

All the figures quoted here make me chuckle, the Gaffer rates Tav at a minimum of £15m, minimum. He knows what a player of Tav's pedigree would go for in the EPL and he has made the board aware of that.

If he goes, and I doubt he will, it really will take a stupid amount of money to make it happen.

All the figures quoted here make me chuckle, the Gaffer rates Tav at a minimum of £15m, minimum. He knows what a player of Tav's pedigree would go for in the EPL and he has made the board aware of that.

If he goes, and I doubt he will, it really will take a stupid amount of money to make it happen.

Indeed Doc, anyone who thinks we would accept 10m for Tavernier in today's market is delusional.

He's worth far more than that.

Unless someone's mental enough to offer in the region of 35 million for Tav and Alfie collectively I expect them to be here next season-Alfie might well go right enough and I could understand that fully-I just don't see how we can replace what Tav gives to us,it'd be a nightmare replacing both in the one window imo.

Anything less than £20m and we give a "stop wasting our time" and put the phone down.

For what it's worth, I reckon he will want to spend time in the EPL and this will be his last season with us, but the guy loves Rangers (even though we still have so many absolute morons in our support who think he's pish) and he will deservedly be lifting 55 this time next year

It all boils down to money really, guy has a young family and if he's getting offered 50k a week down south that would be hard to turn down.

Saying that I hope captaining a club our size, working under Gerrard and the prospect of winning something next year would out

Really hope he doest leave, especially to a lower end epl or championship team. He is the one player that I don't think we could replace with someone on his level for the money we could afford.

I really hope Tav’s thoughts are lifting a trophy while being Rangers captain and nothing else.
However he’s 28 and this might be his last chance to get a big money move south.
He has an emotional and a monetary decision to make.

Got to be top money, he's more valuable to us than Morelos.

Tavernier will be hard to replace and if he leaves in the summer it means we need two top quality signings in the full back area - right and left.

We must have been scouting these positions and there isn't any one in Scotland who improves us in these areas. We don't need back up options, we need genuine quality.

Not only a RB mate, but he is a vital assist contributor that many teams couldn’t match with their RB and winger added together. :mad:

Unless someone's mental enough to offer in the region of 35 million for Tav and Alfie collectively I expect them to be here next season-Alfie might well go right enough and I could understand that fully-I just don't see how we can replace what Tav gives to us,it'd be a nightmare replacing both in the one window imo.

100% Cav.

Reactions: cav
12m minimum of feck off. If he goes I hope we dont replace him with someone with half of tavs quality, we must push for better and if that means spending 4/5 mill then so be it.

SRtYK55.jpg

:mad:

Has he not said before that it would be hard for him to move away from rangers cause his family love it here and his kids are settled in school?

He's better than Tierney in every way possible - comparing him as a full back and not right vs. left sided.

They will want decent money for a players who's suspect defensively and an absolute crock.
But Tierney is worth £30m and Tav is only worth £3m (Scottish mhedia).

It would be devastating if he left but I doubt he'll want to go. He's come on massively with us & is on the cusp of actually winning something here. Lift the title next season & he'll have even bigger offers at hand.

If we want to win the league next season Tavernier must stay. You simply can’t replace the number of goals/assist he provides with another fullback with our budget. He must stay.

I have totally changed my mind on Tav over the last couple of seasons.Tav would be a huge loss to our team going forward,way more of a loss than Morelos imo.
So whatever they are offering for Morelos,not a penny less for Tav.
I'm hoping he and Morelos remain at the club.

It would be a travesty if no bids came in for him.

I have been very critical of him in the past with regards to his defending but this season he has been fantastic.

I’d be gutted to lose him, particularly to a Championship club with maybe the exception of Leeds as I do think next year will be their year.

That being said I don’t think he’ll go. After the doings he’s been part of I think the chance to captain us to the title next season will be too much for him to give up.

Back