Gerrard looking forward to seeing Brown turn out at Ibrox

Purpolaris

Gerrard, who has Borna Barisic back fit again for today's visit to Tynecastle to take on Hearts, refused to be drawn on the news that Celtic captain Scott Brown's hearing date over his conduct following the last Old Firm match had been moved forward a week from May 2 to April 26, other than welcoming the fact that it should see him serve any ban in time to feature in the last Glasgow grudge match of the season.
"I’ve got nothing to say on it, really," said Gerrard. "That’s Celtic’s business. But if he’s available for the Old Firm, it’s good news."

I may be reading this wrong but I suspect he may have a plan in mind for the wannabe hardman.

Brown should be getting an extra ban added on for his horrendous dive yesterday. He won't though but reading what the gaffer has said he is probably in the same thought as us Brown is the main instigator of everything that has been happening. He also is a weak link in their team when they are pressed and put under pressure.
Gerrard will want him to play just like we all want him to play

I bet SG was standing watching that last game at The Theatre of Shame wishing he was out on the park as his younger self. (Don't we all) Probably more than any game since he retired from playing. Must be incredibly frustrating for him at times.
It's a scandal the filth can pick and choose what games their players will or won't miss but personally I hope Brown does play and is on the end of a few dull ones as his team get a long overdue thrashing.

I don't want us to kick him off the park.

All that will happen is the ref will happily send off our players and the tramps will go on to win the game with a man advantage.

I want us to play him exactly like we did back in December. Press him, in his face constantly forcing him to make mistake after mistake, forcing him to lose possession time and again and watching him get more and more frustrated.

Then with a few minutes to go - and in a winning position - someone can step forward and try to end his career with a horror tackle. Personally I nominate Flanagan.

All that will happen is the ref will happily send off our players and the tramps will go on to win the game with a man advantage.

I want us to play him exactly like we did back in December. Press him, in his face constantly forcing him to make mistake after mistake, forcing him to lose possession time and again and watching him get more and more frustrated.

Then with a few minutes to go - and in a winning position - someone can step forward and try to end his career with a horror tackle. Personally I nominate Flanagan.
Excellent post sir . If SG needs someone for the last bit I'll do it .

Watched a bit of the Hibs game and this is what they did and he made a few mistakes. Saw him take a sore one and struggle to get up but couldn’t complain as he wants to be seen as a hard man. His frustration made him stick his right leg out to try and get the penalty, luckily no one was buying it.

Wants the prick in the park so there is no excuses when we pump them.

I agree.

I want us just to play round the useless fud. He charges around like a kitten chasing a ping pong ball on a tiled floor. Just play round the fanny. He's shite and has lost his pace and tackle timing. Could easily get himself sent off (I know, I know :D :D)

And if he doesn't, I nominate Lee Wallace for one last hurrah as he enters the fray with 2 minutes and mistimes a challange and accidenally breaks Mongo's leg with a side of the knee ligament and bone wrecker of a tackle.
More of a flying kung fu affair type thing :D

get right on the c@nt from the whistle and give him not a bit of peace,the crowd can play their part here also,he will soon lose it and that will be us as good as playing them with an extra man, he is a weak link for that shower but somehow he tends to get away with teams showing the knobhead far too much respect,just do the c@nt,

I must disagree with the majority of previous posts.
I want Brown to stay the full 90 minutes. I want Brown to be fit (at least until the end of next season).
I want him to suffer.
I want him to be incapable of having of doing anything to stop the juggernaut of 55.
I want him to suffer, mentally..

I’m reading it as he sees him as a weak link.
Agreed 100% and a wee bit of getting in the leggomuncher's heid.
If SG can convince the team to avoid Broons schoolboy attempts at a windup and give him no time on the ball,we win..

Flanagan would crunch the rat

I’m afraid we all putting our eggs into one basket here regarding Brown.

If I was Lennon (that’s a bad thought) I would leave him out the starting 11 as all of Rangers’ aggression may be lost. It wasn’t as though he played well in December anyway. It also allows him to throw a curveball tactically against us.

It would be wrong to focus our attention on an ordinary standard holding midfielder

First half, skill and flare. 2-0 lead.
45-60 keep it tight.
60-80 every player not on a booking take a card having a kick at that cunt.
80-90 Flanno time! Get a yellow, then end the fucker, knee high, studs in while his foot is planted.

"Scott Brown, the Celtic captain that failed to deliver 10 in a row!"

Got a nice ring to it!

If I was Lennon (that’s a bad thought) I would leave him out the starting 11 as all of Rangers’ aggression may be lost. It wasn’t as though he played well in December anyway. It also allows him to throw a curveball tactically against us.

It would be wrong to focus our attention on an ordinary standard holding midfielder
He doesn’t have the squad to do that mate. With Christie out he’s left with guys like Ntcham, who will run a mile if things get tasty, and Rogic who’s looking increasingly immobile. I think we will run all over them at Ibrox, hopefully full revenge for those pumpings last season.

Really hope we see Davis in the league cup final 2011 form and run all over the top of this no mark again

They don’t have the brains or humility to do that

Back