Gerrard - Multi-ball played its part

We need to see the high tempo more often.

We’re often so passive, especially against the bottom six at home because we know the goal will come at some point.

Wish we could play more of the games like that first half.

He schooled Stam.

Gerrard has all the makings of a very successful manager.

Hard not to love his thought processes and passion.

Hold my hands up as one of the ones who was extremely sceptical of his appointment, I saw it as a huge gamble and truthfully, it was however you dress it up. But from the progress we’ve made so far, I think it’s safe to say he really is a manager and he very much has the qualities needed to succeed and conquer that aspect of football too.

Steven Gerrard insists he’d be crazy not to take advantage of UEFA ’s rule on the use of the multi-ball system.

The governing body allows host clubs to decide if they are using one ball or many in Europa League ties.

Gerrard is adamant it was a no-brainer as the ball kids recycled footballs at speed and allowed Rangers to keep Feyenoord under the cosh in the first half.

He said: “The multi-ball system makes a difference when you are trying to get your noses in front and it was our choice to go with it

“The home team is given the choice by UEFA and it would be very stupid of us not to use it in our favour, especially when teams such as Feyenoord come to Ibrox.

“We want to try and take them where they are not used to going

“They play in a technical league with a lower tempo and a game that’s more possession-based. We wanted to try and take them away from that and that’s exactly what we did. Multi-ball played its part.
Brilliant.

Shouldn't the company that makes the league balls provide enough to use the multi ball system or is this one of these "can't afford it" when really it just suits them to only use 1

I believe each club is provided with 3 balls from the league.

Stam played his part in it as well. He was stopping balls with his foot and rolling it to our players. That was early doors as well.

The ball went out of play in the 2nd half and Gerrard looked away and let it roll past him. Classic wasting time.

Scottish football is dreadful partly because teams are encouraged to slow the game down to a crawl by dreadful officials. It is a tactic used by most domestic visitors to Ibrox.

God forbid we look at something like multi-ball to increase the entertainment value.

Can’t believe that’s actually an option. With the amount of play acting that kills minutes you should be able to keep the game playing for as many of the 90 instead of waiting on some fanny throwing the ball back from the standard

Actually noticed this on Thursday night. We never let them catch a breather or get organised.

Can remember us using this against Dunfermline in the 03 league decider.

I wonder if you’re allowed to change this during the game.
Then back again if it suits.
Of course, I’d doubt it but, if it’s not written, it can be abused.
I recall SAF removing the ball boys in one game.
I remember an English PL game at Goodison , Everton v Man U. Everton went a goal up , and they gathered all the extra balls off of the ball boys so there was only 1 ball to slow the game down.

Every days a school day as they say, I did not realise it was an option during europa league matches, I just assumed it was a UEFA rule that multi ball had to be used at all times.

Mad that professional football clubs can't afford a dozen or so match balls. Ridiculous actually.

In an age where we had Dundee Utd trying to flog Cammy Bell on Twitter, nothing surprises me any more!

The filth slowed the game right down the other week against us, not that you'll hear it mentioned anywhere, you would think they played us off the park with free flowing football the way some pundits are going on

Back