Gerrard post match

You forgetting you clarified that with
"It's not just an open and shut case of bomb him out. That will teach him and make him play better."?
Anyway, we have differing views on this and we're getting nowhere.

I think you misunderstood the "open and shut case" comment. I was saying that "just bombing him out because that will teach him" seems to be the only way people seem to think his mistakes can and should be dealt with. It is blatantly not my opinion.

But aye, getting nowhere.

Jones has been injured, Kent just back and barker not great. So I can understand starting Ojo. What I was disappointed with is the time he was allowed on the park. I would not have allowed him on after HT. Regards Arfield. He deserves his place. However, again. Dont understand why he got as long as he did before being subbed. He was well off the pace.
Could you tell me what Arfield has actually done this season to deserve his place as you say, because I really can't work out just what his position and purpose is in our team at the moment.

Could you tell me what Arfield has actually done this season to deserve his place as you say, because I really can't work out just what his position and purpose is in our team at the moment.

all i will say is throughout the season so far, this was the 1st game I was hoping he was subbed asap. Looked to be hiding (confidence? ) looked lost. However I was hoping ojo never came out after HT and its been a long time since I thought this with any Rangers player. Not saying he has been great (arfield) this season just think he has linked up good enough to warrant a place.

One thing that I am surprised at is the Gaffer's body language on the sideline. Very rarely do you see him on the sideline shouting and driving the players on.... he is often more than not found slumped in his chair when we are not winning late in games.

I had the impression he would have the same attributes of the way he played on the field ... driving his team on , willing them forward.

You don't get the results we've had this season mate carrying so many players who are off the boil or coasting.

Every player has bad games. People also look back on things with rose tinted glasses- plenty of the players you've mentioned had poor games last year and even top players have a run of a few poorer games. If the team picks up the points, that vindicates everything the manager is doing.

We've had an outstanding start to the season- comparable to any of our "good" teams of the past.

We just go into overdrive with the over the top, reactionary nonsense the minute something goes against us.

It's an unnecessary pressure for the management and team and, make no mistake, it will harm us unless stopped.

Outstanding start to the season? Don't let results cloud your judgement. We never turned up against Celtic or Hearts (gutless in both games), were terrible away to both Livi and Hamilton and took a last minute winner away to Killie. It's far from outstanding.
We have played some incredible stuff too, don't get me wrong, but we seem to be severely lacking when it comes to digging deep.

its 100% a management issue. He has his favourites who are off form. Hoping they play through it isn't working. He has no issues dropping Katic off a cliff, when he was playing well ironically, yet he continues with Ojo and Tavernier.

I'll say it again, Gerrard has made massive strides, but his inability to drop his favourites is costing us. Tav isn't just off form, he's costing us basic schoolboy goals. His heads obviously not right, so take him out the firing line. Get him out the spotlight and back to working hard at the HTC to turn it around.

Back