Gerrard - Season must be finished

Nil and void cant happen simply for the same excuse used as last year European football and also to add to that if they can finish a Scottish cup they can arrange to finish a league

I just can't wrap my head around all this 'null and void' crap. Compared to where we were at about this time last season, we have far better routine testing / tracing and multiple vaccines being rolled out.

I guess it's to suit one club as always, because they're not winning.

Are there any other leagues in the world considering shutting down? EPL 'mentioned' a break last year, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. Are Serie A, or Ligue 1 stopping?
Nope. All games on, including Eternal Derby in Rome tonight.

.celtic-ceo-peter-lawwell-says-scottish-premiership-season-cannot-be-null-and-void

Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell says Scottish Premiership season cannot be null and void​

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has told Scottish football authorities that he is looking for "a fair and reasonable solution" to the league campaign, while insisting it cannot simply be declared null and void.

The Scottish Professional Football League was suspended last Friday "until further notice" with the Hoops 13 points clear of rivals Rangers at the top of the Scottish Premiership, having played a game more.

Celtic boss Neil Lennon stated on Monday that Celtic should be declared champions if the campaign is not completed while Stewart Robertson, the Rangers managing director, wants all 38 games of the season to be played.

Last edited:
The Charlies could get lucky and coax someone with coaching pedigree to assume the Parkpaed electric chair but anyone that they do get will never come close to the class, gravitas and worldwide appeal that our gaffer has.

It must eat away at their insides.

B-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-D

If that incompetent puppet is success is null and voiding the season (which he won't) then I'd be urging the club to find a way out of this league system.

The infection rate is now on its way down. It will be lower all the time for as long as the lockdown lasts, probably right through until March. By then we’ll have played over 30 games.

The game has ridden through the worst, it won’t get postponed now and it certainly won’t be stopped.

Construction is still going ahead during this wave, they don’t have testing etc like elite sport, this push by sections of the media is not being driven by the Government or health officials, its a fucking joke, agenda led drivel.

That said Rangers will do what we did first time round if the worst comes to the worst and fight for fixtures to be resumed when its safe, if they want to vote to award us a title then thats up to them.
His interview was meely moothed pish, basically just said he will go with what the clubs vote for, null and void will never be on the table as it would put clubs out of business.
That’s a couple of good posts right there Tags, and I’m in full agreement with you mate. N&V cannot be an option, as it would need to be sanctioned by the 42 member clubs voting, and N&V would be the ruination of the game in this country as we know it. N&V would cause some clubs to fold forever and they know it, due to the Sky tv deal. Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas.
If there is a decision to ‘award’ the title then so be it. Although I’m sure our club, a club built on integrity, would try to offer alternative solutions to that scenario,

If Doncaster goes down the ''Null and Void'' route, it would be the end of him in Scotland, he would need to leave the country. Not that I'm suggesting anything would or should happen to him but people can only take so much corruption and I think we have been on the receiving end of it way too much to just accept it this time.

The desperation is leaking out of them now, they will pull any sort of stunt to N&V the season, anything goes.

It won't null and avoid the season. They know they will be taken to the cleaners and they know they will after sleep with 1 eye open. They will either pause season and continue or pause then award winners or something.

Good that he has put the message out there. Puts a bit of pressure on. Although, I think it is clear that the SPFL cannot afford to let the season be cancelled. If Celtic force the SNP to do this it'll cause havoc and probably finish off not only the SPFL but a number of teams in Scotland almost instantly.

We want to win the title fair and square. No hiding like Celtic did, even when they had a massive lead they still shat it for some reason.

I don’t want any title that hasn’t been won in the park. We’ve destroyed them and the record books need to show that.

I don’t want any title that hasn’t been won in the park. We’ve destroyed them and the record books need to show that.
Absolutely, the title has to be won, before it can be given.

Only we, the Rangers support understand that.

And how do you explain a season being null and void, when at the time, Glasgow Rangers were 21 point clear of their nearest challengers....:oops:

Same as the Scottish cup which conveniently wasn't made null and void last season, that mob still being in it would just have been a coincidence.
Anything other than letting it complete then we should Chuck it. They’ve nailed their colours to the mast with changing the rules for covid. Surely null and void what be too obvious on where their loyalties are

There is no way they can null and void this league. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the covid figures will start coming down.

Back