Gerrard since joining Villa

No chance.

Everyone expects 3 or 4 from City. It’ll be the next against a bottom 10 club that does it
Wel shall see,having a look at the villa forum there want him out now and its every one of them if going by on there.
A heavy defeat 5 or 6 will be the straw that will break the camels back.

They'll get what they want in Gerrard sacked, then some other rube will be given 6 months before Villa fans then turn on him. They are up there with the most deluded idiot fans in English football, and that takes some beating. Utter, utter fuds.

I don't wish Gerrard any misfortune. He pulled our club back up off its knees and raised the standards again.

The timing of his departure wasn't great, but you felt it was best for both parties as it looked from Malmo onwards that we just didn't seem to be clicking.

The Villa job clearly isn't going to work out for him & it's only a matter of time before he's punted. It will be interesting to see where he goes from there, as this looks to have put to bed any notion he had of eventually getting the Liverpool job.
This is the bit where I think he’ll look back on it like Souness did and agree that he left us too soon.

There was a certain arrogance in his decision - a belief that he’d taken us as far as he was interested in doing and was ready to step up to EPL football and turn around another sleeping giant - but that’s not a great issue if you succeed.

If you don’t you begin to look a little foolish, even more so when the ultimate goal he was hoping for at the end of his planned trajectory appears further away than it did before hand.

As said elsewhere, I think part of his decision to leave was a fear that without money he wouldn’t be able to repeat the trick of 55 and then his reputation and hopes of the Anfield job would suffer as a result.

Ironically the gamble he took looks like accelerating those fears into reality.

It's possible for multiple things to be true TBH

Gio managed incredibly well with the squad in Europe, clearly, but lack of investment did impact us though even in Europe despite reaching a Final, we went into games without a forward, the idea that was some master plan in advance, is complete nonsense, the squad did stand still last summer and did need further investment. If it had that we feasibly also win a title and already have banked CL cash rather than having to take the, far greater, risk with it that we ended up taking

Gio, like Gerrard, is about to find out he will probably be never be backed to the extent he feels his work should be either TBF, and despite what we might achieve this season, he like Gerrard will likely rightly feel irked by that

For all that Gerrard gets slated for Malmo and how that game seemingly cut funds he had generated a f*ck load of, likely, unexpected funding prior to that - he was a massive part of the finance the club had while here, and since departing due to the assets left behind

Both these managers, while with us, have done, very, very well by the board

Last edited:
I don't wish Gerrard any misfortune. He pulled our club back up off its knees and raised the standards again.

The timing of his departure wasn't great, but you felt it was best for both parties as it looked from Malmo onwards that we just didn't seem to be clicking.

The Villa job clearly isn't going to work out for him & it's only a matter of time before he's punted. It will be interesting to see where he goes from there, as this looks to have put to bed any notion he had of eventually getting the Liverpool job.
For me, it wasn't the timing. It was the underhanded, slippery, way he did it. Do I look happy? Don't ask silly questions.

Compare to Niko Katic. I know whose hand I'd be happy to shake.

For me, it wasn't the timing. It was the underhanded, slippery, way he did it. Do I look happy? Don't ask silly questions.

Compare to Niko Katic. I know whose hand I'd be happy to shake.
What if it was because the board had promised to back him and then failed to do so.

Loved him but thought it was only going to end one way at Villa,don't know where he will go next,always be remembered for his time at us.
Going to Villa was a huge mistake on his part but can you really blame him for leaving after the board refused to back him after winning arguably our most important title.

Good number of fans really don’t deserve what the likes of Park have done for them. Wee ingrates would rather lie their arse off and get in bed with with SG, it’s tragic.
Or happy clappers like yourself will eventually see that in football you can't stand still which is what we've done yet again and this is after the current manager raked in around £100m

No, I'm asking what manager have we had that bettered his achievement of
102 points in a season
38 game unbeaten season
Longest unbeaten run against Celtic
Consistently performing well in Europe
That is in no way disrespecting anyone I just asking if we have had a manager that has bettered that and if not I believe history will look very kindly on Gerrard's time with us.
92-93 season we won 33 games and drew 7.

It was only 2 points for a win though. In today's money, that would have given us 106 points.

Using points won and games undefeated to compare seasons is a rubbish metric given number of games played and points for a win have varied over time.

It was only 2 points for a win though. In today's money, that would have given us 106 points.

Using points won and games undefeated to compare seasons is a rubbish metric given number of games played and points for a win have varied over time.
Are you sure?

Or happy clappers like yourself will eventually see that in football you can't stand still which is what we've done yet again and this is after the current manager raked in around £100m

We havent stood still though have we? How much did we spend this summer? Its financialy impossible to spend all the money you generate without keeping your house in order first snd fore most.

If we had stood still we’d have signed no one…

Gio got funds to spend and chose to sign the players he did.

Most of this board were crying we didnt sign a GK but now McLaughlin has settled into the number 1 jersey those cries have moved to a CM and a RW.

Alot of these horrendous threads and aggresive comments to the board will look very silly if we win the league this year, and with 33 games still to play for its a possibility. We might go unbeaten again and get a record points total and that’ll be another Gerrard record broken…. B-D

We havent stood still though have we? How much did we spend this summer? Its financialy impossible to spend all the money you generate without keeping your house in order first snd fore most.

If we had stood still we’d have signed no one…

Gio got funds to spend and chose to sign the players he did.

Most of this board were crying we didnt sign a GK but now McLaughlin has settled into the number 1 jersey those cries have moved to a CM and a RW.

Alot of these horrendous threads and aggresive comments to the board will look very silly if we win the league this year, and with 33 games still to play for its a possibility. We might go unbeaten again and get a record points total and that’ll be another Gerrard record broken…. B-D
Don't you think Gio would've been expecting backing after qualifying for the champions league. Regarding breaking Gerrard's records I hope your right but it's an exceptionally high target to reach.

We lost a couple of games at the start of that season did we not?

Don't you think Gio would've been expecting backing after qualifying for the champions league. Regarding breaking Gerrard's records I hope your right but it's an exceptionally high target to reach.

He mentioned he was happy with his squad and maybe he actually meant it, I dunno.

Perhaps the players he thought about signing weren't available or didnt want to come.

We might still get Barkley which if he performs would be a decent coup.

A lot of these horrendous threads and aggresive comments to the board will look very silly if we win the league this year, and with 33 games still to play for its a possibility. We might go unbeaten again and get a record points total and that’ll be another Gerrard record broken…. B-D
And if we don’t?

You can bookmark this thread because it and a few others will be what a lot of fans return to and ask why the manager wasn’t backed more.

And if we don’t?

You can bookmark this thread because it will be what a lot of fans return to.

Then many posters can take the morale highground and be able to gloat we didn't win the league.

If Yilmaz, Davies, Lawrence and Tillman kick on and show the same levels of improvement as Bassey did then we’ll be fine.

Then many posters can take the morale highground and be able to gloat we didn't win the league.

If Yilmaz, Davies, Lawrence and Tillman kick on and show the same levels of improvement as Bassey did then we’ll be fine.
We need to be better than fine.

We’re stepping up to play at a higher level in Europe while trying to go further in the league against a Yahoo side that have picked up where they left off last season.

All of the signings we made were before we qualified for the CL so were clearly based on expected revenue without it.

As fiscally well intentioned as the board’s decision not to spend any more may be, fans will inevitably turn on them if we don’t win the league this season.

We’re stepping up to play at a higher level in Europe while trying to go further in the league against a Yahoo side that have picked up where they left off last season.

All of the signings we made were before we qualified for the CL so were clearly based on expected revenue without it.

As fiscally well intentioned as the board’s decision not to spend any more may be, fans will inevitably turn on them if we don’t win the league this season.

I think it pretty clear that this current board have Rangers first and foremost and the fans are way down the list.

They are doing very little to convince me otherwise that all we are is another cash cow for them.

I hope there’s a mighty good reason why they didnt spend any CL funds once we qualified and they have something being worked behind the scenes.

Im confident we’ll get 56 this season. The poets arrogance and cockiness will be their downfall.

I was like that tonight watching that our board failed to back Gio especially after what happened with Gerrard and his management team.
How do you know the board haven't backed Gio? how do you know Gio hasn't turned round and said I am happy with what we have, we have some good youngsters coming through I want to give them a chance. Fact is only Gio will know if he has been backed or not.

How do you know the board haven't backed Gio? how do you know Gio hasn't turned round and said I am happy with what we have, we have some good youngsters coming through I want to give them a chance. Fact is only Gio will know if he has been backed or not.
"I'm hoping to add 2 or 3 new faces" means the manager is looking for some additions to the squad.

"I'm happy with the squad I have" means the manager is a lying bastard and the board haven't backed him.

I think that's how it works.

They'll get what they want in Gerrard sacked, then some other rube will be given 6 months before Villa fans then turn on him. They are up there with the most deluded idiot fans in English football, and that takes some beating. Utter, utter fuds.
They're the Aberdeen of England. I mean, Stan Collymore is their most famous fan. That about sums it up.

As for Gerrard, welcome to the merry-go-round of English football.
If they took a leaf out of our book, or even Arsenal's with Arteta you could maybe have some time to build towards something.

What you know about my club could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a bingo pen. In fact what you know about fitbaw in its entirety could go on the back or said stamp. But if I ever need advice on tonguing the metaphorical arse of an ex manger and creeping over them I definitely know who to go to for advice.

Do you not get the feeling that the club are content with our European Campaign even if it ended today?
They've cashed in on CL qualifiers and groups. Anything else now must be a massive bonus.

They're the Aberdeen of England. I mean, Stan Collymore is their most famous fan. That about sums it up.

As for Gerrard, welcome to the merry-go-round of English football.
If they took a leaf out of our book, or even Arsenal's with Arteta you could maybe have some time to build towards something.
Surely the Duke of Cambridge?

Your either

A Stevie G’s Mrs
B Jealous of her because he doesn’t stick his cock in your mouth

Walter Smith?
Alex McLeish?
Dick Advocatt?

There is three without me even having to think about it
Dick’s an interesting one Winkie. Is he up there with the rangers greats? He had us playing some of the best football I’ve ever seen from a rangers team and won plenty but he spent an absolute bloody fortune to do it and couldn’t get us out the champs league group stages

What you know about my club could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a bingo pen. In fact what you know about fitbaw in its entirety could go on the back or said stamp. But if I ever need advice on tonguing the metaphorical arse of an ex manger and creeping over them I definitely know who to go to for advice.
You're embarrassing me with all your compliments. It'll be interesting to see how you twist this one because Gio did qualify for champions league and the board still didn't back him.

He will never manage Liverpool

I think if he does eventually get the sack from Villa that will be the death knell on his chances of ever getting to sit on the Anfield hot seat. To be honest he'll do well to resurrect his managerial career. Can actually see him turn to the media pundit side of the game.

You're embarrassing me with all your compliments. It'll be interesting to see how you twist this one because Gio did qualify for champions league and the board still didn't back him.
You’re embarrassing yourself. They backed him before he even got my club into the CL, that’s more of a statement than anything. That’s in the real world though, in your Walter Mitty world they probably didn’t back him.

I think if he does eventually get the sack from Villa that will be the death knell on his chances of ever getting to sit on the Anfield hot seat. To be honest he'll do well to resurrect his managerial career. Can actually see him turn to the media pundit side of the game.
He's too stubborn for that IMO.

There will be some shit mediocre bottom-half premier league team that might take a punt on him, and if not then there are plenty in the championship that would take him too - he could see a move to the championship with the prospect of getting promotion to be a real feather in the cap. Who knows.

Just cant see him canning it if he does get papped from Villa.

Because Gerrard wanted to keep them (even though it was the perfect time in the careers & Contract length of Morelos, Kent, Goldson to move on) so the board backed the manager and decided against selling them.
So our finances were in such a bad state we couldn't back a league winning manager but our board allowed that manager to dictate that these bids be rejected, you don't actually believe that surely and if you do?

We did, yeah but just pointing out points total is a nonsense metric to use
All I was pointing out was Gerrard had done fantastically well with us especially the league winning season going undefeated and accumulating a record number of points.

Back