Gerrard to Newcastle, we have seen this movie before

Would he then become a “3 club man” after his comments last year.
Rangers put him back on the map and gave him a platform for the future (to get back to managing his 1st.)
Endured some soul searching by his own admission, when things weren’t going well.
I’m not sure Newcastle are the club for him despite their fan base and the new money.
Not a guy to take orders about signings etc and also about how the club is structured.
Probably frustrated at the moment about the lack of available funds but wins the league and gets to the CL then doors open again.

Gerrard would be a huge gamble for them because he has no big league management experience.

They will probably go for a guy with lots of big league experience who will know how to spend money without wasting it.

The main reason I could see Gerrard going to an English club would be so that he is closer to his family, Newcastle is still about a 3 hour 15 minute drive from Liverpool and Glasgow is about 3 hours 45 minute drive, so it the drive time is not that much less.
I don’t think he’d be a gamble at all. Players respect Gerrard partly because of his playing career and partly because of his persona. That is lacking in a lot of managers. He could manage the very top players, have the respect of the dressing room and be able to deal with any prima donnas. Beale and co know how to set out a team and we have punched above our weight in Europe the last few seasons. No brainer for Newcastle. Whether he’d go there is a different matter.

Gerrard will be here another 2 year or if by we somehow don’t win the league this season he’ll be gone in May.

Zidane big name shite manager.
3 European Cups, 2 Spanish titles, 2 Spanish Super Cups, 2 European Super Cups and 2 Club World Cups in four seasons isn't bad going.

They essentially need someone to come in and reshape the entire club from top to bottom. Why not bring in Zidane, who can build a Real Madrid-style system (which has almost always had the best youth academies along with the most domestic success in Spain and European success) but without all the Real Madrid Bullshit he doesn't want to deal with?

They will go for a manager with experience of more than 3 years and probably someone who has won something other than a Scottish league.

I’ve no fear of this happening, Gerrard will leave Rangers at some point and I’d wager it would only be Liverpool or the England job.

I can’t see him managing a team against Liverpool in the same league added to that he is a guy who honours contracts especially when Rangers gave him a role which allowed him time to develop as a manager.

IF! It were to happen the club you would hope would be well compensated.
It will happen at some point. He may we'll have to prove himself in the EPL, let's face it that's where his ambitions lie,but he might have to go to a Club that can take Liverpool on,because I think he's going to have to beat the likes of Liverpool,Chelsea etc for the likes of Liverpool to take notice. I just hope Ross Wilson has plans post Gerrard.

No offence to Gerrard but with their money they can bring in a more experienced and higher calibre of manager.
They could but their next manager is most likely just placemarker, a holding manager. He's not the manager who will eventually be chapping on the Premier League winners door.

Gerrard might be enough of a novalty to kick things on. If (IF) they want him. He is gone.

If gerrard was to leave there isn’t anyone jumping out at you as his replacement if we don’t promote from within,

if worst case scenario happens I believe the club should be looking at smaller countries all over Europe to see what coaches have won trophies without spending a great deal of cash and finding out who the top managers in each place are , countries like Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Czech, Holland etc see what’s out there and then make the approach for the man they want.

If he's asked, he'll go. Simples.
Explain your thinking? Because "cos he'd get pure billions tae spend" would be very "simples" thinking indeed.

How does a relegation battle with a club he has zero connection to attract him away from Ibrox?

Not read the whole thread but Newcastle will want someone further along in their managerial career. We have nothing to fear imo.

The fact they’re trying to bring Frank McParland suggests they’ll go for Alan Pardew again .

They could but their next manager is most likely just placemarker, a holding manager. He's not the manager who will eventually be chapping on the Premier League winners door.

Gerrard might be enough of a novalty to kick things on. If (IF) they want him. He is gone.
I've still not seen anybody who states "if they want him he'll go" explain why? What's in it for him?

Your first paragraph is spot on by the way. But to then suggest Gerrard would be the "placemaker/holding manager" is a bit off. How many times has Gerrard explained why Rangers were the right fit for him?

The only EPL club the gaffer will go to is Liverpool.

These clickbait rags all seem to forget both his and Klopp's contracts were signed on the same day and expire in 2024 and if Klopp's ever leaving earlier he'll definitely give Stevie a ring you'd think.

I've still not seen anybody who states "if they want him he'll go" explain why? What's in it for him?

Your first paragraph is spot on by the way. But to then suggest Gerrard would be the "placemaker/holding manager" is a bit off. How many times has Gerrard explained why Rangers were the right fit for him?
I wouldnt even bother wasting your time in this thread.

Populated by lunatics who think Gerrard is going to leave for no good reason.

Catastrophising as Pentasa said.

What disrespect? If you have a bottomless pit of money who do you go for? Gerrard or Conte?

Be more disrespectful to think he'd even be in their thoughts.
Why? He’s proven himself to be a very talented manager, we’ve literally watched evidence of this

If he was to leave us tomorrow (not saying he will) he would attract a hell of a lot of attention

The likes of Arteta, Lampard and Solskjaer have managed Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U in recent years, he’s shown himself to be a better manager than any of those 3, by a fair distance, throw in Rodgers being appointed as a project manager at Liverpool, Pep at Barca, Zidane at Real teams don’t simply appoint “established” talent these days. In this day and age sides do look for managers with trajectory as often as they do managers who have shown themselves capable to succeed and fail.

His name would also offer instant credibility to any project and he would clearly be considered. He’s an excellent manager, that’s why the notion he wouldn’t even be considered is a bit disrespectful

Last edited:
Some money coming in for Roberto Martinez....still think they will try for Rafa 1st
Makes sense to me, Rafa would get them up the league with what they have now before the window, but Martinez I’m not so sure. He’s also not done it at the big occasions with Belgium’s big players.

I think they’d be better off with Stevie then Martinez personally.

SG is a born winner, I firmly believe he wants the lead us into the Champion's League, his head will not be turned until he has achieved this, even after that I still believe he won't leave unless it's Liverpool knocking on his door

Given the cash Newcastle will now have I would love them to go for Simeone.

SG is a born winner, I firmly believe he wants the lead us into the Champion's League, his head will not be turned until he has achieved this, even after that I still believe he won't leave unless it's Liverpool knocking on his door

Given the cash Newcastle will now have I would love them to go for Simeone.

I know he bombed at Arsenal, but Unai Emery would do a good job if the rumoured ££££ is true.

I can't see Newcastle wanting to hire their new manager on the basis of having won the Scottish League. . We're comparing two completely different movies, from two completely different times.

If they are serious about challenging for titles then I doubt Gerrard is even on their radar.
They will go for someone with a record of winning and some years behind him. Gerrard was a project for us as much as we were for him and that suited us both at the time

As much as I love Gerard I think it’ll be a more high profile manager with success over the years. Conte maybe, would love to see Simeone in th epl. Probably about the only club that could afford his wages lol

If gerrard was to leave there isn’t anyone jumping out at you as his replacement if we don’t promote from within,

if worst case scenario happens I believe the club should be looking at smaller countries all over Europe to see what coaches have won trophies without spending a great deal of cash and finding out who the top managers in each place are , countries like Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Czech, Holland etc see what’s out there and then make the approach for the man they want.
You could end up with a Ronny Delia.

I could win it 3 times with the money and players at his disposal.
If that’s the case how come Mourinho, and others, never managed it with the same players and bottomless pit of money?

Zidane is most definitely not a shite manager by any stretch of the imagination.

The Newcastle managers job has become the most exciting project in World football, there aren't many managers who are turning it down if asked.

Not convinced they'll come for Stevie but wouldn't surprise me if they did, he's a huge brand still.

Used to think that. Not so sure now.

Genuinely think if a Leeds, Leicester or Aston Villa came looking for him in the summer he'd be interested.

Behave.

He only identifies with clubs that can match his brand. We're an anomaly in that its a trade.

Gerrard is never going to manage a club like Aston Villa. His ego wouldn't allow it for starters.

Back