Gerrard urges fans to cut it out

Because maybe they'll actually listen to the manager rather than an executive.

BB, that's undoubtedly true of these execs. That's why we need a CEO who will defend the club's interests on and off the pitch and that includes getting into these boys heads.
King needs to accept what's afoot here.

Last edited:
It's simple.

Keep singing the songs and sooner or later, not only will UEFA hit us harder but the manager will get so fed fúcking up of the support not listening to a single word he's saying and playing in front of empty stands that he'll head elsewhere.

Your choice Buckfast Brigade.

That should be enough for everyone.

Leave songs that get the club into bother for your pub or whatever. Today is a definitive sign that it is affecting us. TBB is a lost fight, unfortunately.

He was doing a press conference and was asked a question. How does that equate to him "being hung out to dry"?

Having someone protect a guy like Gerrard from answering the question would have been worse IMO.

The idiots who got us into this position are the ones to blame.

I agree but that's not what I'm on about. Don't say you've missed it?:)
The club needs an identifiable day-to-day leader, someone who will champion the club's interests on and off the pitch. Said someone should have issued a statement immediately on this being released. The manager shouldn't be the only one batting against this.

Hasnt Gerrard had meetings with the megaphone guy of the UB before if so it could be done again to try and hammer the point home however that would do little to combat the pish and drugged up who attend our games and spout the bile

Just wait till the usual suspects come to this thread.

"Al no be told what ah can sing "
Those with that frame of mind so form a INBTWACS action group. Get themselves out there, fight their corner as well as they do on forums like this. Let's be having you.

See post #29.

I don’t disagree but this is about getting a message across to an element of the support that will not listen.

They won’t listen to what they see as a random guy in a suit but they might listen to someone with the standing and level of respect as Steven Gerrard.

It’s thoroughly depressing but it’s the truth.

Foing by your logic we should drop
That ship has sailed, no chance of reviving the tune.

There is a chance, if we are talking about educating people then we need to keep it in our repertoire, it's a rousing anthem.

Take out up to our knees and replace with, we follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong and true, we are the Glasgow Rangers boys, then again the feminists may have something to say about boys!

For what it's worth, I play in the flute band, I am a Unionist and a protestant, I love loyalism and love singing the songs at loyalist evenings but when I go watch Rangers I genuinely dont want to sing about Celtc, the pope, Catholics, Bobby sands or the terrorists from Ireland, I want to sing pro Rangers and Unionist songs

I agree but that's not what I'm on about. Don't say you've missed it?:)
The club needs an identifiable day-to-day leader, someone who will champion the club's interests on and off the pitch. Said someone should have issued a statement immediately on this being released. The manager shouldn't be the only one batting against this.

I agree with that, but even if said person had issued a statement Gerrard would still have been asked for his opinion at his press conference.

We really need to adopt new words as TBB is a great rousing anthem and get it endorsed by the club

Change one word to Celtic

Btw not that they would know but it’s all over Twitter is the fucking 50 p flute song another song that could/should have been tweaked so it doesn’t mention our favourite subject.

No doubt someone will be along shortly to tell us they get away with singing what they want,I don’t fucking care what they do it’s what we do that matters to me and maybe just maybe Steven Gerrard saying it will get through to them that TBB is an unacceptable song l

Back