Gerrard vs that lot

Apart from the obvious title 55 win, another massive thing under Gerrard was our lack of respect for the scum and it’s why we got joy.

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Our record post Gerrard vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Say what you want about 1 trophy in 9 which may be true, that man took over the biggest shambles going and we were on our arse littered with dross in our squad like Jason Holt, Eduardo Herrera, Sean Goss etc. A club that just been pumped 5-0 off our biggest rivals and not only did he get rid of that fear factor in games against that lot, he made us unbeaten league champions and had the filth right where we wanted them. He even left top of the table and had beaten them from his living room not long before. I really don’t think as a club we’ve recovered from losing him to Aston Villa, especially in games against the scum and it’s down to Big Phil to change that clear mental block and get us back in a good position. I trust the big man, he’s done great with a lot of Michael Beale’s mess and let’s be honest, he had this squad overperforming for 6 months. Its sickening we won’t win the title now and you just know he’ll be feeling the same. He needs backed this summer and the opportunity to clear out the deadwood and mentally weak players, you can tell he’s angry with our sudden mental collapse in the last month even though his comments may suggest otherwise. Let’s be honest, he’s only protecting them heading into a massive semi final on Sunday.
I appreciate it is of little solace however, it should (and im im assuming is) never be forgotten that a lack of respect for the Bheast should be the norm regardless of how The Rangers are performing on the park.

That should never be forgotten.

As I say, it's very little comfort in terms of our current on field angst but natural order will always be maintained on terms of a universally well respected supporter base vs a football club founded on......well...you can fill in the blanks

Anyone who honestly believes this man Clement doesn't understand what beating that mob means to the fans needs to have a serious word with themselves. He's fighting with one arm tied behind his back FFS.

It's not rocket science. Rangers are being undone due to 3 big factors.

Defence:
what we have back there is completely devoid of any aggression or tenacity. It's cost us so many times and imo the individuals who occupy these positions are the root cause of all our ills.

Attack:
Absolutely no point in sugar coating this. What we currently have is simply not fit for purpose. No amount of coaching/practice is ever going to change that. Harsh but evidently true.

Mentality:
100% our biggest and most recurring failing. The core of this squad is mentally weak. The opposition know that and despite being technically inferior, when offered enough encouragement they will invariably prevail.

If there's a guy you'd run through brick walls and head into battle for its Steven Gerrard. It was shown time and again in his playing career and our players showed it in these games and in Europe. The real sticking point for us came against the dross.

But I never went into an Old Firm under Gerrard worried. If he were manager for the upcoming visit I would think we've a decent shot at a win tbh.

The record post Stevie G is shocking

If we don’t buck up our ideas, the type of scoreline we seen under Pedro and Murty could well happen in a few weeks time given how weak we are.
This is a genuine possibility, not because they are brilliant, but because we are currently in a terrible state.

I would imagine we’ll lose our now traditional early goal there, and be on the end of a hiding, with Butland our MOTM into the bargain.

Prove me wrong, you shower of wimps.

Be fair. Defeats in the cups to Kilmarnock, Hearts, St Mirren and St Johnstone were a fucking shambles.

That's fine, I agree.

But some of our fans get genuinely enraged if we don't win every single game. Cup defeats happen. I'm sure Gerrard would've liked more silverware but using the "1 trophy in 9" patter is nothing more than mentally challenged talk.

As I said it completely ignores the mess he inherited and what he built over his 2/3 years in charge. He gave us a proper team on the pitch, a team who could compete domestically and consistently in Europe.

In his entire time with us we never lost a game by more than 2 goals and even then I think it was only Leverkusen and once against Celtic (where he tried a different formation and said afterwards he'd never do it again).

Apart from the obvious title 55 win, another massive thing under Gerrard was our lack of respect for the scum and it’s why we got joy.

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Say what you want about 1 trophy in 9 which may be true, that man took over the biggest shambles going and we were on our arse littered with dross in our squad like Jason Holt, Eduardo Herrera, Sean Goss etc. A club that just been pumped 5-0 off our biggest rivals and not only did he get rid of that fear factor in games against that lot, he made us unbeaten league champions and had the filth right where we wanted them. He even left top of the table and had beaten them from his living room not long before. I really don’t think as a club we’ve recovered from losing him to Aston Villa, especially in games against the scum and it’s down to Big Phil to change that clear mental block and get us back in a good position. I trust the big man, he’s done great with a lot of Michael Beale’s mess and let’s be honest, he had this squad overperforming for 6 months. Its sickening we won’t win the title now and you just know he’ll be feeling the same. He needs backed this summer and the opportunity to clear out the deadwood and mentally weak players, you can tell he’s angry with our sudden mental collapse in the last month even though his comments may suggest otherwise. Let’s be honest, he’s only protecting them heading into a massive semi final on Sunday.
I honestly would have Gerrard’s gallus management style back in the dugout in a heartbeat. Not a chance, under him, we’d have squandered our position like we have in the last few weeks or so.. no way!

If there's a guy you'd run through brick walls and head into battle for its Steven Gerrard. It was shown time and again in his playing career and our players showed it in these games and in Europe. The real sticking point for us came against the dross.

But I never went into an Old Firm under Gerrard worried. If he were manager for the upcoming visit I would think we've a decent shot at a win tbh.
Remember how much it meant to him winning at Parkhead

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

I honestly didn't appreciate that Gerrard's record against them was that good.

He won one trophy in nine attempts.
We are obviously delighted. However it is a shocking record and he is not a good manager.
I know people post that all the time but i always find it such an odd thing to say, how can he do a very good job for Rangers and not be a good manager ?

It is a 2 team league. He won one trophy in nine attempts. He did not do great for us. He will however have legendary status given the significance and importance of that one achievement.

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Fantastic post. Cannot disagree with any of that.

The only salvation of the last week is that the penny has dropped for most bears (going by the tone on here at least): the last 5 years of Rangers managers have basically not been the problem. Beale aside perhaps. Players are overwhelmingly the deciding factor in our fate.

It is a 2 team league. He won one trophy in nine attempts. He did not do great for us. He will however have legendary status given the significance and importance of that one achievement.

What would you have called success from the day he took over until the day he left?

Anyone who honestly believes this man Clement doesn't understand what beating that mob means to the fans needs to have a serious word with themselves. He's fighting with one arm tied behind his back FFS.

It's not rocket science. Rangers are being undone due to 3 big factors.

Defence:
what we have back there is completely devoid of any aggression or tenacity. It's cost us so many times and imo the individuals who occupy these positions are the root cause of all our ills.

Attack:
Absolutely no point in sugar coating this. What we currently have is simply not fit for purpose. No amount of coaching/practice is ever going to change that. Harsh but evidently true.

Mentality:
100% our biggest and most recurring failing. The core of this squad is mentally weak. The opposition know that and despite being technically inferior, when offered enough encouragement they will invariably prevail.

Pretty ironic that you have no midfield in your reasons and the team is playing a formation that looks an awful lot like a 4-2-4, and being overrun in every game. And we wonder why!

No.If gerrard was backed properly in the transfer market he would have went on and won it again imo.Just look at the funds beale got in he sunmer compared to gerrard got the summer ,sickening.
That would have helped, but even that is debatable because he wanted to blow £4m on Kevin Nisbet who is now in and out of the Millwall squad.

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Say what you want about 1 trophy in 9 which may be true, that man took over the biggest shambles going and we were on our arse littered with dross in our squad like Jason Holt, Eduardo Herrera, Sean Goss etc. A club that just been pumped 5-0 off our biggest rivals and not only did he get rid of that fear factor in games against that lot, he made us unbeaten league champions and had the filth right where we wanted them. He even left top of the table and had beaten them from his living room not long before. I really don’t think as a club we’ve recovered from losing him to Aston Villa, especially in games against the scum and it’s down to Big Phil to change that clear mental block and get us back in a good position. I trust the big man, he’s done great with a lot of Michael Beale’s mess and let’s be honest, he had this squad overperforming for 6 months. It’s sickening we won’t win the title now and you just know he’ll be feeling the same. He needs backed this summer and the opportunity to clear out the deadwood and mentally weak players, you can tell he’s angry with our sudden mental collapse in the last month even though his comments may suggest otherwise. Let’s be honest, he’s only protecting them heading into a massive semi final on Sunday.

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Gerrard was given 3 full seasons and backed by the board,
We need to ensure Clement is given the same time and backing.
Let’s be honest he has inherited a poor squad from Beale and is up against a Celtic team who financially can blow us out the water if they choose.
Really tough to try and make us competitive next season in view of the number of squad changes we need to make.

Pretty ironic that you have no midfield in your reasons and the team is playing a formation that looks an awful lot like a 4-2-4, and being overrun in every game. And we wonder why!
The midfield although far from perfect, is much less of a worry than the two fundamental reasons we're struggling. Shipping goals at one end while failing to score at the other.

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Many of Gerrards wins against that mob was against a much better team as well, but I do feel when Clement gets his team the wins will come again as he certainly gets it only thing is that won't happen over night and we may need to go through more pain next season before it gets better.

The one thing we can't afford to do is get rid of him after a few more bad results next season it's going to take a lot of patience.

It's gutting because celtic were there for the taking this season.

The only worry for me is that Clement doesn't seem to see the midfield area as part of how we play from his tactics so far.
I know it's players he has inherited and injuries can't have helped but we don't actually appear to have a midfield system of play whatsoever.
We regularly seem to be outnumbered at times, we have only limited control of games with longer balls played by our defence being the norm even wh3n not being pressed.
That is what needs to change on Sunday to win and until the midfield issue is addressed expect more of the same for the remainder of the season

Its unbelievable that he's the only one of our last 6 or 7 managers to lay a glove on them. He had their number right from the off.

Rodgers is worse, played 16 won 12 drawn 3 I’m sure, felt sick when I saw that before the last old firm
And the only to beat him and show absolutely no fear was Gerrard. Rodgers looked totally shocked at how much we had his number that day. Gerrard has us smother them right from the off that game Jack scored

And the only to beat him and show absolutely no fear was Gerrard. Rodgers looked totally shocked at how much we had his number that day. Gerrard has us smother them right from the off that game Jack scored
Should've been 3 or 4 that day.

In the reverse fixture we lost 1-0 off the back of being in Russia 48 hours earlier, with the goal coming from a counter when Jack was fouled on the edge of their box.

Back