Gerrard's interview with Carragher

I can’t agree with this mate. Look at his interview with Sky Sports I think it was with Ally McCoist and a few others in the stands after the trophy was lifted after the Aberdeen game.

He was very clear and explicit about how he wanted more and that this was just the start of what he was trying to build at Rangers. He couldn’t have been more clear on that.

For me it’s clear that the Malmo debacle was the end and he started looking elsewhere after that because it meant that he had no money at all to invest in the squad. He was probably excited by grand plans in place with Ross Wilson for transfer targets that hinged on beating Malmo and then others that hinged on Champions League qualification. Who knows we may have had deals in principle for players that would have taken our squad to a whole new level and Malmo scuppered all of that.

But it’s totally revisionary to opine that Gerrard was ready to walk away after 55. He couldn’t have been more explicit in his ambition to take Rangers further and he failed in a catastrophic manner against Malmo at home where all we had to do was win a half of football against ten men.
So your saying?

Back