Gerrard's record against them is not spoken about enough

That's true however he's the only manager since Smith that could beat them, all the others can't

That was your original post.
That's correct, I should've added on a regular basis I think I did however if I didn't that's what I was meaning. Do you disagree?

Hang on a second, pre 55 you were the one who said if we went a 3rd season trophyless you’d still keep Gerrard, so why does winning the league matter to you all of a sudden? Your loyalties seemingly lie with a Liverpool legend you’ve got a deep crush on. I’d also like to remind everyone you once stated he was probably our greatest ever manager, ahead of Walter, ahead of Struth, because 55, that’s the level of infatuation we’re talking about.

You were advocating for letting a manager go into his 4th season trophyless, and are now advocating for replacing a manager who’s only just in the door, has one trophy in the bag and doesn’t even have his own core group of players. And advocating for replacing him with a guy who managed one honour in 3.5 years, less than St Johnstone over the same period. To say that’s strange would be an understatement bud. But hey, tell us more about how he wasnt backed with Park’s magic money tree.
I think you may have me mixed up with someone else however if you'd like to kid on our record against Celtic is good since Gerrard left I'm willing to listen.

Having a good record against them while they win virtually every trophy anyway is fairly pointless.
we could win 2 out of 3 trophies this season and it will count for f.uck all.

Gerrard gave us our pride back. He left the club in a position where we should have been able to win more trophies and most importantly league championships but we've fucked it up royally.

Gerrard got money to spend and plenty time to make it work. Or did you mean specifically after winning 55? Our start to the next season was poor.
I believe he was promised backing if he won 55 and the fact it didn't materialise we're now miles behind financially

I think you may have me mixed up with someone else however if you'd like to kid on our record against Celtic is good since Gerrard left I'm willing to listen.
I haven’t, it was you. You took a slagging for it and disappeared for ages before returning. Anyway your deep infatuation with Gerrard and willingness to ignore all Gerrard related negatives and hone in on all Gio/Clement related negatives is really tedious.

Talking about kidding on or wilfully ignoring the obvious, your still ignoring the part where 95% of Gerrard’s tenure was spent going up against a failed manager who is so bad he was sat in the Sky studio today, and that still only yielded one piece of silverware.

What's changing?

Did Gerrard have a good record against Celtic?

Has our record against Celtic been poor since he left?
Gerrard did have a good record v celtic
No it hasn't been as good since
How many trophies did the all conquering Gerrard win in 3 seasons?
How many did Gio win in just over a year?
How many has PC won in less than a year?
You are like a teenager who's first gf has dumped hi. Forget it an move on.

Gerrard did have a good record v celtic
No it hasn't been as good since
How many trophies did the all conquering Gerrard win in 3 seasons?
How many did Gio win in just over a year?
How many has PC won in less than a year?
You are like a teenager who's first gf has dumped hi. Forget it an move on.
How many leagues have those managers won and could they beat Celtic, if they can't they won't last. Gerrard could beat Celtic and did win the league.

This is the team that beat them 1-0 at Ibrox (Jack goal)

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Worrall
Halliday
McCrorie
Candeias (Coulibaly)
Arfield (Flanagan)
Jack
Kent
Morelos

Morelos obviously a massive upgrade but is the rest of that team really any better than what we have now?

And that was against a far superior Celtic side.
Yes - 5 of them had more fight in them and totally detested that lot.

I haven’t, it was you. You took a slagging for it and disappeared for ages before returning. Anyway your deep infatuation with Gerrard and willingness to ignore all Gerrard related negatives and hone in on all Gio/Clement related negatives is really tedious.

Talking about kidding on or wilfully ignoring the obvious, your still ignoring the part where 95% of Gerrard’s tenure was spent going up against a failed manager who is so bad he was sat in the Sky studio today, and that still only yielded one piece of silverware.
So do you think our record against Celtic since he left is acceptable?

I think you'll agree Gerrard's record against Celtic was very good.

You play Ridvan from start. Just take a chance

You don’t start Lawrence as he’s a passenger in any game where it’s a battle

As soon as you see lundstrum (who has downed tools for last ten weeks) having a mare you get him off the park. If Cantwell had gave as little effort as John did we all know PC would have hauled him off.
So instead of Lawrence and lundstram who are you starting? Ridvan has played about 10 mins in months and we were praising PC for recognising we've mismanaged our injured players for too long, but you'd have chucked him in today? I want Barisic gone btw but he never cost us today.

I've seen a lot of posts about how the manager got it wrong with the team selection but no one has given any team that would have been any better. You seen the bench the same as me, there was nothing to be done.

What's changing?

Did Gerrard have a good record against Celtic?

Has our record against Celtic been poor since he left?

Out of interest what was your opinion of Gerrard just before Covid hit?
Losing to Hearts twice, Killie, Accies, drawing with Aberdeen, St Johnstone, struggling by Ross County.

Out of interest what was your opinion of Gerrard just before Covid hit?
Losing to Hearts twice, Killie, Accies, drawing with Aberdeen, St Johnstone, struggling by Ross County.
I thought he only kept his job due to our financial situation after losing to Hamilton if I'm being honest.

Or looking to the past to a shitebag that chucked it
He beat Celtic regularly the others you seem to idolise can't so I'd suggest it's not him that's the shitebag. Happy clapping might help though, how many in a row would Celtic be going for if not for Gerrard.

He beat Celtic regularly the others you seem to idolise can't so I'd suggest it's not him that's the shitebag. Happy clapping might help though, how many in a row would Celtic be going for if not for Gerrard.
Time for bed Stevie

I thought he only kept his job due to our financial situation after losing to Hamilton if I'm being honest.

I tend to agree, no one knows how that season would finish, but I remember the mood heading into the OF that was postponed was similar to the last week. Having a decent record against Celtic was ultimately meaningless as we dropped too many points to the dross

It does show how quickly things can change though, with a bit of decent recruitment and players that had been there a bit longer finding consistency.

There's no argument, Gerrard could beat them regularly our record since he left is shocking.
Yeah - when I think of a fit & firing peak Porto Alfie & Kent, Defoe, Davis, fully fit Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, a fit Roofe, Bassey coming through - IMO by and large they are better players than the ones we're currently watching.

Butland aside, we've clearly regressed since 55 - we used to beat them, now we don't...

I tend to agree, no one knows how that season would finish, but I remember the mood heading into the OF that was postponed was similar to the last week. Having a decent record against Celtic was ultimately meaningless as we dropped too many points to the dross

It does show how quickly things can change though, with a bit of decent recruitment and players that had been there a bit longer finding consistency.
Any Rangers manager that can't beat Celtic won't last. We've just given them another £60m head start so we have to start beating them quickly but we've made it hugely difficult. I'd suspect most of us would have Gerrard back in a heartbeat.

Yeah - when I think of a fit & firing peak Porto Alfie & Kent, Defoe, Davis, fully fit Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, a fit Roofe, Bassey coming through - IMO by and large they are better players than the ones we're currently watching.

Butland aside, we've clearly regressed since 55 - we used to beat them, now we don't...
Unfortunately it upsets a few on here that we had numerous sellable assets whilst being champions and beating them regularly.

So do you think our record against Celtic since he left is acceptable?

I think you'll agree Gerrard's record against Celtic was very good.
You really are a giant hypocrite and cuckold. Of course it’s not acceptable, neither is 1 trophy 3 seasons up against Neil Lennon. Neil Lennon, the diddy manager who was in the studio today, whose other jobs were Bolton and Hibs, big difference between competing against and competing against two who’ve been good enough to get top gigs in the Premier League. And yes I’m well aware Gerrard managed to get single, wins against both, one who was only just in the door, and the other who already had one eye on the exit when he was engineering his move away.

You really are a giant hypocrite and cuckold. Of course it’s not acceptable, neither is 1 trophy 3.5 years up against Neil Lennon.
What Rangers fan actually cares who manages Celtic. We need to beat them regardless of who's in charge. Gerrard beat Rodgers, Lennon and Postecoglu our managers since have all contributed to our poor record against them.

• Haha
Reactions: WLF
Back