Gerrards tactics - Bringing on Ojo

Yes

we blew a lead in Berne where Porto came back and won from

we blew a lead Feyenoord which was poor

we we blew a lead in Porto in which we should have won.

we blew it against the Tim’s at Ibrox

we blew against Hearts at tynecastle

we blew it at pitordrie

I am yet to see the hype around our manager

It’s not exactly Dundee and Hamilton is it? Blowing a lead against feyenoord and draw against Porto lol I’m sure we can live with that.
We won’t win every game and players will have off days, it happens. Man City trail liverpool by a bigger points margin than ours.
the football before gerrard until now is night and day. Last night wasn’t the best but let’s not get carried away

Yes

we blew a lead in Berne where Porto came back and won from

we blew a lead Feyenoord which was poor

we we blew a lead in Porto in which we should have won.

we blew it against the Tim’s at Ibrox

we blew against Hearts at tynecastle

we blew it at pitordrie

I am yet to see the hype around our manager

Shall we just sack him then?

P31 W23 D6 L2

That's our record so far this season. We currently top our Europa League group with one game to go, we are in the league cup final, and we're two points behind Celtic in the league having won 12, drawn 2 and lost 1. It has been a stunning start to the season both domestically and in Europe.

It’s not exactly Dundee and Hamilton is it? Blowing a lead against feyenoord and draw against Porto lol I’m sure we can live with that.
We won’t win every game and players will have off days, it happens. Man City trail liverpool by a bigger points margin than ours.
the football before gerrard until now is night and day. Last night wasn’t the best but let’s not get carried away

We blew a lead in Rotterdam due to stupid errors though, nothing to do with the level of opposition.

Helander and Goldson looked as if they were having a bet to see who could hold off tackling the longest for their 2nd goal.

I think he brought Ojo on hoping his pace would cause Aberdeen problems. Regarding Gerrards tactics he's the man that has led us to the group stages of European football from the first qualifier twice, he has us on Celtic's tails in December, he's given us two victories over them when we hadn't beaten them in 7 years previously, He is very close to having us qualify for the last 32 of the Europa league. I think his tactics are working very well for us to be honest.

I like Gerrard a lot, and I think its safe to say we all do. Hes defo taking us forward and doing great for his first management appointment. Its after games like last night though I cant help thinking he would benefit hugely from a wiser head whilst he learns his trade in management. There are things you learn from personal experience, and other things you learn from a mentor, and it doesnt help when challenging the manky mob working to a budget with loanees. If we can just hang in there till January im confident we can strengthen with a bit more backing from the board. Even 1 or 2 decent signings would make a big difference given that when we screw the nut we can be top class.

Steep learning curve thats for sure

We blew a lead in Rotterdam due to stupid errors though, nothing to do with the level of opposition.

Helander and Goldson looked as if they were having a bet to see who could hold off tackling the longest for their 2nd goal.

you’ll see if you look back my posts that a couple of weeks ago I suggested helander and goldson would benefit from an experienced player/coach working alongside them to bring them on to the next level, similar to Alfie/Defoe and jack/Davis/gerrard. I was shot down in flames and told how solid and experienced our defence was. My point was Jack was experienced but greater experienced players brought him on. 25/26 years old is young for a centre back.

Back