Gerry Collins

My condolences to his family and friends.
I remember him blowing kisses as he walked up the tunnel after that Scottish cup game.

RIP, wasn't he Bobby Williamsons assistant for a good while? Maybe at Hibs and Plymouth, always remember they had two assistants which was random at the time.

Sorry to hear this. He was a nice guy who delivered some good talks. Did a coaching course with him many moons ago as well.

RIP, wasn't he Bobby Williamsons assistant for a good while? Maybe at Hibs and Plymouth, always remember they had two assistants which was random at the time.

I think that might be Gerry McCabe you are thinking about, I used to always get him and Gerry Collins mixed up. McCabe worked with Bobby Williamson and was my mates manager when he played at Dumbarton.

RIP Gerry Collins

RIP Gerry.

I have a distant recollection of him donning a hard hat and work clothes to stand in the yet-to-be-opened Jackie Husband Stand at Firhill to watch a game against us. I'm not sure if he'd been banned.

Or, for that matter, if my memory is playing tricks on me.

A character anyway.

RIP Gerry.

I have a distant recollection of him donning a hard hat and work clothes to stand in the yet-to-be-opened Jackie Husband Stand at Firhill to watch a game against us. I'm not sure if he'd been banned.

Or, for that matter, if my memory is playing tricks on me.

A character anyway.
He as touch line banned. Barking orders from the stand.

Was sad to read this earlier via Bill Young on X.

Part of that Hamilton team.

Now he has joined his old gaffer Lambie, the goalscorer Adrian Sprott - and his best mate Thomas (always called him Thomas) Burns.

It's funny how I remember so many of these people from 40+ years ago from most top Scottish sides but couldn't name or recognise more than a dozen these days.

RIP Gerry.
It’s strange.im the same.could tell you the Hibs or Motherwell team from the mid 80s no bother but wouldn’t know any of their current players if they were standing beside me.

RIP Gerry Collins

Back