Gers bar santorini

Zizou

I’m away on holiday in Sep when we play the scum does anyone know any bars where could watch it?
Preferably without the unwashed being their also

There’s one that all the Honeymooners use but I can’t remember the name of it.

There are a couple of bars in Kamari that will probably show it.

Can't remember the names, but quite close to the Chinese Restaurant.

I was there last year and couldn't find any pub showing our game. Walked into a pub called The Highlander in Fira and they had a big celtic painting thing on the wall.

Not long back from Santorini, was surprised to see a Scottish Bar. Would imagine that's your only real chance.

Just take a tablet and as long as you're somewhere with decent internet you'll manage to get it.

Was there last year. No Rangers bars but if you go into the Highlander and ask for the game to be put on, I’m sure they will oblige.

Or just keep up to date with the scores and enjoy one of the most beautiful places on the planet!

The Highlander Bar is only Scottish by name.

Run by Greeks, nothing Scottish about it.

Walked in one day, walked straight back out again.

Story I got told was the owner was Greek & his wife Scottish {Kirkie IIRC} & favoured the other mob!

Most expensive bar I was in on the Island...

Story I got told was the owner was Greek & his wife Scottish {Kirkie IIRC} & favoured the other mob!

Most expensive bar I was in on the Island...

That figures.

I could sense a mhank involvement, hence why I walked straight back out, without even noticing the painting on the wall.

Got the distinct impression it was targetted at plastic paddies, or American tourists from cruise ships, who are too stupid to know what Scottish actually means.

That figures.

I could sense a mhank involvement, hence why I walked straight back out, without even noticing the painting on the wall.

Got the distinct impression it was targetted at plastic paddies, or American tourists from cruise ships, who are too stupid to know what Scottish actually means.

Had walked from Oia that day & was chocking for a pint....one was enough there...

Had walked from Oia that day & was chocking for a pint....one was enough there...
You should have stopped before that, couple of bars just next to the cable car station in Fira.

Kastro is the one we usually got to.

A bit more expensive, but worth it for the view alone.

You should have stopped before that, couple of bars just next to the cable car station in Fira.

Kastro is the one we usually got to.

A bit more expensive, but worth it for the view alone.

Ended up at a bar/restaurant next to the Cable Car Station before deciding to bus it back to Oia.

Was there last year. No Rangers bars but if you go into the Highlander and ask for the game to be put on, I’m sure they will oblige.

Or just keep up to date with the scores and enjoy one of the most beautiful places on the planet!
Sure I can miss most beautiful place on earth and watch the mighty
Sky Go now works abroad. You can buy the game on Rangers TV as well.
i already have rtv so will that work?

Not too long back from Santorini and didn't see any Rangers pubs.

Enjoy the sunset, park your wife in a spot with a good view, get a small carry out and wait until it is dark.

Good luck getting out of town afterwards!

The Highlander bar in Fira is the closest you will get I imagine. I must be one of the only people who thought Santorini was a huge disappointment.

It's trash. The most un-authentic greek experience of my life, and I'm greek. Just jam packed with American tourists and idiots on cruise ships dropping in for a selfie to post on Instagram

Complete and utter shit.

Sure I can miss most beautiful place on earth and watch the mighty

i already have rtv so will that work?

You will need to purchase the match individually. I'm assuming you pay £5 a month or something like that? That only covers interviews, highlights etc.

It's trash. The most un-authentic greek experience of my life, and I'm greek. Just jam packed with American tourists and idiots on cruise ships dropping in for a selfie to post on Instagram

Complete and utter shit.
FFS mate, I’ve always fancied visiting Santorini at some point, you’ve just killed that stone dead:D

Complete and utter shit.

Was in Karystos a few weeks back. No foreign tourists and the bars were full of people watching AEK in the Cup Final. But strangely didn’t seem the real Greece either.

You will need to purchase the match individually. I'm assuming you pay £5 a month or something like that? That only covers interviews, highlights etc.
Yeah pay the £5 a month,ok cheers if can’t find a bar will pay and watch it on iPad

I was there last year and couldn't find any pub showing our game. Walked into a pub called The Highlander in Fira and they had a big celtic painting thing on the wall.
Visited that boozer on a cruise stopover last year and nippedin to get out the heat for a cold beer. As I was taking my first sip the wife burst out laughing and pointed to the scum flag, nearly choked drank up and left before anyone saw me.

Not long back from Santorini, was surprised to see a Scottish Bar. Would imagine that's your only real chance.

Just take a tablet and as long as you're somewhere with decent internet you'll manage to get it.

D'you or emdy know if there's a Scottish bar in cala d'or as I'm goin there on the 9th July for 10 days.

Could be a chance that I might catch oor homer, but I'm fuuked if I'm walkin aboot the place tae find a bar, that's why I'm asking.

The Highlander bar in Fira is the closest you will get I imagine. I must be one of the only people who thought Santorini was a huge disappointment.

I'm with you mate. I love Greek Islands but Santorini was not at all what I expected.
Back to the OP, which resort are you staying at?

D'you or emdy know if there's a Scottish bar in cala d'or as I'm goin there on the 9th July for 10 days.

Could be a chance that I might catch oor homer, but I'm fuuked if I'm walkin aboot the place tae find a bar, that's why I'm asking.

I can't remember the bar names mate, but walking from the marina to the beach area, there's two bars on the left that show Rangers games, or they did a few years back. They usually advertised a day or so before.

It’s a big fucking volcano. LOL

I’m led to believe that the red beach is now closed due to falling rocks. I’m just glad to got to see it years ago before it became overrun with cruise ships and tourism.

Kamari mostly

It's not a very big resort, so if you walk along the beachfront bars you'll find they all advertise which matches they will show. In fairness to them, if a number of punters (majority) want to see a different match they will change to suit. You'll get to see the famous if you plan a day or so before.

I can't remember the bar names mate, but walking from the marina to the beach area, there's two bars on the left that show Rangers games, or they did a few years back. They usually advertised a day or so before.

I'll check it out Fondablondes. Ta for that.

Bump. Going to Santorini and away for the game against them. This thread was from 2018. Anyone been recently and know where will be showing it?

Santorini is an American tourist ridden dump, Easily the most overrated expensive kip I was ever in. Steer clear of this hovel.
What a load of shite. Clearly used to visiting the East End and Barrowfield.

A catamaran cruise around the caldera and swimming in the waters off the volcano and a BBQ fresh fish lunch in the bay off Thirassia not up your junkie, tonic wine fuelled street? GTF.

What a load of shite. Clearly used to visiting the East End and Barrowfield.

A catamaran cruise around the caldera and swimming in the waters off the volcano and a BBQ fresh fish lunch in the bay off Thirassia not up your junkie, tonic wine fuelled street? GTF.
BOOM! The Santorini team rush the challenger.

There’s a boozer right on the clifftop in Fira town, think it might be called the Tropical Bar, seems big on sports, went in on spec many years back at 10 in the morning with the wife for a quick drink or two when we were waiting on the bus for the ferry port.

Was full of seriously drunken Aussies watching Australian football and rugby, buying jugs of cocktails and downing them straight out of the jugs, falling off the barstools and all that kind of stuff.

Looked like a riot, no idea if they show proper football though.

Back