Gio - A True Rangers Manager!

I loved Gerrard and last year will live with me forever but this seasons start made me think we weren't going to go much further than we had and that nervous feeling never seemed to shift. Early doors for Gio but strangely don't feel as nervous as I did and like the OP get a better feeling about this appointment.

two things that make a true Rangers manager is surely success and longevity. Don’t see may managers ticking the second box

I loved Gerrard and last year will live with me forever but this seasons start made me think we weren't going to go much further than we had and that nervous feeling never seemed to shift. Early doors for Gio but strangely don't feel as nervous as I did and like the OP get a better feeling about this appointment.
Pretty much sums up my feelings! Well put!

Great start from Gio. Has showed a flexibility in tactics and approach that is refreshing. He has also displayed a steeliness that I wouldn’t have thought he had which has been encouraging.

Every manager has a shelf life, Gerrard had pretty much reached his sell by date as we were treading water with Gerrard himself and a fair few players miles off it.

It looks like it, with that rubbing off on a good chunk of the squad.

Gio has had a superb start to his Rangers managerial career

When the football resumes we need to keep up this form

If we can win our 1st 4 games when we return then we will be in a superb position

Stevie g went off in one when the board couldn't come up with the blue pound for fresh players an definitely rubbed of on the likes of alfie big borna tav an big Joe with gio at the helm he has brought back the freshness from them an look like the players they were in Gerrard s command to win 55 onwards an upwards under wee gio

At the time he came in Gerrard was exactly what was needed passion desire to win someone players would respect and would drag players to a level abd standard required.

But that was starting to lose its shine the players were at a level and they needed more in Gio he still has tge respect and is a winner but goes about his business in a different way. He's cool and calm but I'm sure he'll have that bit snap in him when it's needed. But for me he's far better tactically he's got experience under his belt and learnt from any mistakes he made at Feyenoord and this is what the players needed the most imo

Not knocking Gerrard but I don’t think we would have gone 5 for 5 in the league if he had stayed. It’s been a good change for us at the right time.
Yeah reckon we would have dropped points in one of the matches in Edinburgh, on the flip side though I reckon we would have beaten Hibs at Hampden and went on to win the league cup had he stayed.

I wonder if we were all a bit worried about the prospect of Gerrard leaving regardless of when it would happen. He and his team had lifted us to a completely different level than we had been operating at and part of that was the calibre of player that he was able to attract.
I think we are extremely fortunate that Geo and his team are at the very least at the level of Gerrard’s team in terms of know how and professionalism. It seems that we as a club are going to continue to operate at the lovely high level that Stevie G got us back to with the added bonus of Dutch finesse and influence!

Early days but very impressive so far. Cool,calm and collected.
I predict he will turn out to be one of the best in our long history!
Compare with the state of the last few managers in the east end!
I feel more of a connection to Gio than i did to Gerrard

I loved SG, he was a world class midfielder and when shit wasn't happening he dragged us out.

Gio though, has that connection and I think we're getting dragged out further and further.

Early days but very impressive so far. Cool,calm and collected.
I predict he will turn out to be one of the best in our long history!
Compare with the state of the last few managers in the east end!

There is absolutely no need for the comparison.

They are not our benchmark!

Back