Gio Morelos has qualified for the champions league tonight aswell

I suppose nobody ever said or implied he was out the door apart from the posters I’ve seen on here :D

We have no clue what went on and should stop speculating and reading into things we know hee haw about.

Listening to Gio on BT there I get the feeling Alfie is going nowhere unless he downs tools.

Maybe a bit of a strop because he hasn’t started games this season, but that’s competition Alfie! Come on Buff, get the heed on and rally roon the Rangers!!

Gio and Colak’s comments on Morelos post match were spot on. He’s part of the squad, part of the success, up to him to grasp the opportunity.
Agreed. I thought it was a very composed and professional post-match interview by Colak, and by Gio! It's all on Morelos to turn things around now.

It would be one of the most spectacular career own goals of all time if he didn’t now do what’s required to get in the squad for these matches.

You would think so and hopefully he does. But the fact he's found himself in this position is so stupid and unprofessional, its difficult to predict how he will react.

Big call for Gio, does he bring another striker in or gamble on Alfie screwing the nut. The contract situation is another curveball.

well what did you want him say hes never going to play for rangers in the CL?
The other day he basically said let’s see what happens the next couple of weeks regarding Morelos.

Now he’s giving him the option to work hard get back involved and get playing in the biggest club competition.

Extra bit of motivation for him there now anyway, if he needed it.
I’ll caveat this, however, by saying a mate of mine who works for wolves told me that cutrone is meant to be coming and “was told to wait for morelos to leave”, though “that was 10 days ago”.
He’s mentioned it when we were linked previously too. Also thinks he’s shite.

I’ll caveat this, however, by saying a mate of mine who works for wolves told me that cutrone is meant to be coming and “was told to wait for morelos to leave”, though “that was 10 days ago”.
And this was tonight post-full time.

Down to him. How he deals with this is probably one of the biggest decisions he will make in his career.
Agree, It’s time that Morelos started making decisions. Love him, but he needs to decide what he wants. In another 3 years or so he will either be distant history or the best foreign striker that we have ever had (Big Hately excluded ).

You would think so and hopefully he does. But the fact he's found himself in this position is so stupid and unprofessional, its difficult to predict how he will react.

Big call for Gio, does he bring another striker in or gamble on Alfie screwing the nut. The contract situation is another curveball.

Both. Even if Alfie screws the nut we should be investing in another striker.

Morelos has the chance to kick start his whole career by getting fighting fit, and starring for Rangers in the Champions League.

Let's hope he's up for the fight.

If that is/was true, I think tonight's result could have a huge influence on that.

Latest posts

Back