Gio's Subs

His subs are shite and have been for ages.

Incredibly negative manager who often picks the worst option from the bench.

Doesn’t make much sense as there’s times like Roofe v Aberdeen where he does it when nobody else would and it works so well.

What was he trying to do there? Anyone?

We were being outclassed but that just compounded it. The players looked like they had no idea either.

Zero shape. A complete mess.

A good effort overall nonetheless.
The players he took off were dead on their feet,
Would you rather he had left them on so you could have accused him of running the, into the ground.
I thought it was pretty obvious from his substitutions what he was trying to do.

Not sure what you expected him to do in fairness.

Players were tiring. Morelos was starting for the first time since March and could have been sent off.

I assume Tavernier needs "managed" though looked more like himself tonight.

What we do need is the international break to get players back to fitness and others up to speed.

We were being outclassed but that just compounded it. The players looked like they had no idea either.

Going down to 10 men hurt us, He had to bring on a defender, he had no choice.

What speaks volumes for me is that not one new signing started that match tonight

Morelos again couldn't be trusted.

Jack only has 60 minutes in him.

we were down to ten men and still trying to get something out of the game.

He took off Alfie who would have got a red. He tried to rescue a point at the risk of losing more. It didn’t pay off but at least he tried

The manager did well, as did the team. We were beaten by a better side and some bad luck. take the positives 100%

I think he made a point with no new signings starting. He was always going to use the bench and let's be honest we were just using the fresh legs type of subs.

Squad is a disgrace - what can you expect at this level?

Thought our starting team played very well. Totally weakened by the subs. Tav going off was bizarre. Glad we turned up even though the result suggests otherwise.

Seemed he was attacking and positive & in a way I am pleased to see that as a lot of the team he is negative and defensive.

Tried to nick an equaliser maybe but for pens and kamara we maybe weren’t far away?

Should have moved Lundstram into CB and Tav RB when Sands goes off.

King coming on for Jack kinda killed the game IMO, any chance we had of keeping possession in the middle of the park was gone at that point.

He left us with a back 3 including an 18 year old and a full back, 2 wingers, a CAM and a CF.

At 1 nil we still had a slim chance, those subs left us wide open to a doing and it could have been more.

Brave for trying to go for it or stupid as last thing we needed was another pumping?

What should he have done?

Would try and have got Arfield through the 90. Matondo is a complete waste of time at this level currently. Maybe he will come good, but thats for another day.

Would be asking Jack to try get through 90 as well. I think he could.

It's not so much the subs, more the shape when they came on. Tilman and Kamara genuinely looked lost. Like they had no idea what they were supposed to be doing.

Game was done, Tav needed off as he's carrying an injury, Morelos needed off before he got a red card. Rest didn't matter.

Its also true, he was one more foul away from getting bagged and all the effort he had put in would have been forgotten.
No, I agree. But nothing to do with trust.
Would try and have got Arfield through the 90. Matondo is a complete waste of time at this level currently. Maybe he will come good, but thats for another day.

Would be asking Jack to try get through 90 as well. I think he could.

It's not so much the subs, more the shape when they came on. Tilman and Kamara genuinely looked lost. Like they had no idea what they were supposed to be doing.
Just shows you how people see it differently mate. I thought Arfield was struggling and gave it away for the first penalty. I wanted him off way before. But he does get close to Alfie. We need a 24 year old Arfield and Davis!

Who does he bring on?
Wilson been in the job almost 3 years, 6 transfer windows and only 2 of his signings started tonight.
Gio not blameless but no real progress / improvement from recruitment.

No, I agree. But nothing to do with trust.

Just shows you how people see it differently mate. I thought Arfield was struggling and gave it away for the first penalty. I wanted him off way before. But he does get close to Alfie. We need a 24 year old Arfield and Davis!

Just can't take young Matondo seriously at this level. Bizarre sub imo. The big Uruguayan brick shithouse who came on for them is on another planet in terms of physicality.

Just can't take young Matondo seriously at this level. Bizarre sub imo. The big Uruguayan brick shithouse who came on for them is on another planet in terms of physicality.
They are fkn huge. Reckon they'll batter Ajax aswell. The Georgian lad lol. He's a different level.

Lundstram should never have been pushed further forward. Having lost Sands to then move Lundstram out of the back line was just madness and we paid the price.

We were 1-0 down at home - and he tried to go for it.....

I have no issues with the subs.

You do have to ask questions about Ben Davies though.

Back