Glasgow City centre bars

This - I phucking love the Louden. Whenever I’m up from London for a game. I’m in it, every open moment. All bears should hit the Louden.
That would be impossible though wouldn't it? As much as I like the Louden and would always choose to drink in a Rangers pub over a normal one on matchday, if every single Rangers fan who was going for a drink tried to get into the louden and other Rangers pubs then there simply wouldn't be enough room for everyone would there?

Bar drop does have premier sports. To be fair to them regardless of what some seem to say about the manager. Never a game they wouldn't show and again having known her for years. She wants rangers support in Glasgow to use the bar.

Really in the city centre we have. The Toby Jug, auctioneers, the Iron Horse and at a push the maltman. Certainly running thin on the ground.

Not a Rangers pub like the Louden,, Grapes etc, but The Horseshoe is frequented by Rangers supporters.

Auctioneers definitely have it, I’m out with the Mrs and no idea where going to go - although I like going to Partick and places like The Royalty etc there’s no way I could drag her in there.

Think a few in here are on referral points to The Louden by the looks of it!

Auctioneers definitely have it, I’m out with the Mrs and no idea where going to go - although I like going to Partick and places like The Royalty etc there’s no way I could drag her in there.

Just me :))

That's a good idea, get tokens for a free drink

Feel free

You see me on here at least once a month banging on about it Robert but for a club of Rangers size, the biggest club in Glasgow nevermind Scotland, how in gods name have we not got an official club bar in town? The amount of fans who would rather watch a game in town instead of having to pay an extra subway fare is understandable.

Personally I always pay that wee bit extra to take the subway and watch European and Away games in The Louden but a bar in town would surely pay for itself. I wouldn't give a penny to any pub in town that doesn't have any Rangers memerobilia in it. Neutral pubs cashing in on Rangers fans.

If Irish bars in town like MacConnells can survive for so long then so can a Rangers bar. How many students will want to go there for drinks before a night out? A lot, in short. Only a short walk to a club.

You see me on here at least once a month banging on about it Robert but for a club of Rangers size, the biggest club in Glasgow nevermind Scotland, how in gods name have we not got an official club bar in town? The amount of fans who would rather watch a game in town instead of having to pay an extra subway fare is understandable.

Personally I always pay that wee bit extra to take the subway and watch European and Away games in The Louden but a bar in town would surely pay for itself. I wouldn't give a penny to any pub in town that doesn't have any Rangers memerobilia in it. Neutral pubs cashing in on Rangers fans.

If Irish bars in town like MacConnells can survive for so long then so can a Rangers bar. How many students will want to go there for drinks before a night out? A lot, in short. Only a short walk to a club.
I think we should have an official bar at Ibrox Stadium,
We have too many fans that don't want to show their colours

Just go into any decent pub that has a decent telly, honestly can't go this , "cannae drink in there there's a tim in there" crap. No wonder they are taking over

Turns out I'm in town tonight too, meeting an old friend who doesn't care much for the fitbaw but is happy enough for us to meet in a pub showing the game. Probably head to the Auctioneers.

The Nile as far as I can remember was busy when games weren't on.
I still think a Rangers pub in town would do well. Or something like The Nile where everyone knew what it was.

Does anyone seriously think a Rangers Supporters pub in town would be supported enough to justify the expense ?

Like I say, I still do and think it would be a roaring success, but it would need to be ran properly with live music on a regular basis, selling both food and drink, events on at Christmas and Halloween, get the club to have players in every so often, speakers nights and so on.

Location would also need to be in an ideal location, people were talking about Annie Millers above but lets be honest, it was a tiny pub down a side street lane that wasn't right in the heart of the city. The place looked ancient and run down inside as well.

Rangers have the chance to cash in on a good wee project here and do the right thing. Would be a big help for fans going into town before and after the football.

Annie Millers obviously wasn't able to survive.

Mind you, even when it was open I remember people complaining that it was too far out of the way.

People were always complaining about Annies being too rough and a "shitehole". People talk a good game about supporting Rangers bars then make up excuses for not going.

Anyone know where is showing the game tonight Southside area? Shawlands/strathbungo area?

Shocking attitude.

Rangers Pub for a Rangers game.

Use them or lose them.

Less than 20 minutes in a Hampden private Taxi to LOUDEN Ibrox.

Don’t worry about the fare, bolt out the taxi into the pub and he won’t find you for the crowd of bears

The Nile as far as I can remember was busy when games weren't on.
I still think a Rangers pub in town would do well. Or something like The Nile where everyone knew what it was.
I was friendly with Billy and when he ran the Nile, all the pubs in the town were busy

Back