Glasgow Cup Final Live Tonight 30/04/2018

Every bit of good news is very welcome. Well done to the youngsters, they know what playing for Rangers means.

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Well done the young team. Makes even more angry about yesterday though. Can't believe that charlatan was sitting in the stands!?
The entire first team should have been in the stands.
Saying that, if a 4-0 horsing wasn't enough to embarrass them maybe it's better them staying at home.

Well done the young Bears and the coaching team. A great performance and result just a pity we didnt really put them to the sword and scored a few more , even before the "unfair and unnecessary" sending off we were the better more dangerous team.
Obviously the guys up front stole the show but I was impressed by our full backs and Finlayson at centre half , I also liked the look of Miler in midfield he won the ball a lot and kept it simple.

I thought the lad Paterson's run for our third goal was exceptional. Both of our full backs and the big lad Danny Finlayson look like they have a real chance of going a long way in the game. I also thought that our boys looked far more comfortable with the ball than their players, although theirs looked the more physical and athletic.

1. Lewis Budinackas is an U16, with both U17 keeper's injured Lewis has been the 17's keeper since christmas.

2. Nathan Patterson, has captained Scotland's 17's. Nathan was small coming up through the ages, really took a big stretch in last six months.

3. Zac Butterworth was signed from Alloa Atletic at Under 13, alternated between full back and winger

4. Ben Williamson a bit of an unsung hero, likes a tackle, struggled to start games at younger age groups now on a pro contract. Not hand any international recognition.

5. Danny Finlayson only dropped back to 17's a few months ago, had been playing at 20's. Changed his allegiance to Northern Ireland.

6. Kyle McLelland U16 centre back and another who has opted for Northern Ireland.

7. Josh McPake signed from Hibs for a develpment fee at U14. Skilfull player who can be frustrating, would be a special player if he released the ball at the right time.

8 Murray Miller an U16 player signed form Motherwell for a development fee, picks up the loos balls and rarely gives possession away, keeps midfield ticking over.

9 Dapo Mebude can be unplayable or on occasions his head is elsewhere, usually the first 15 minutes will tell which Dapo has turned up.

10 Ciaran Dickson another U16 ,real high energy box to box midfielder

11. Kai Kennedy the real playmaker of the team, not the biggest but really skilful and talented, at the moment the only one not commited to a contract.

12. Harris O'Connor cultured defender and another U16, Signed from Kilmarnock for a small development fee at U15 he was a year at Kilmarnock after his family moved north was previously on Charlton Athletic's books.

17 James Maxwell picked up this season when Falkirk/Forth Valley scrapped their youth setup. a decision will be made at the end of the season.

18 Matty Yates U16 striker who has played quite a few 17's games and scored a few goals/.

Only caught the last half hour as i didnt realise it started early so missed the goals.

Congratulations and well played to the young lads and especially after yesterday any victory against them, at any level, is welcome.

But you should have scored 6 or more.....

1. Lewis Budinackas is an U16, with both U17 keeper's injured Lewis has been the 17's keeper since christmas.

2. Nathan Patterson, has captained Scotland's 17's. Nathan was small coming up through the ages, really took a big stretch in last six months.

3. Zac Butterworth was signed from Alloa Atletic at Under 13, alternated between full back and winger

4. Ben Williamson a bit of an unsung hero, likes a tackle, struggled to start games at younger age groups now on a pro contract. Not hand any international recognition.

5. Danny Finlayson only dropped back to 17's a few months ago, had been playing at 20's. Changed his allegiance to Northern Ireland.

6. Kyle McLelland U16 centre back and another who has opted for Northern Ireland.

7. Josh McPake signed from Hibs for a develpment fee at U14. Skilfull player who can be frustrating, would be a special player if he released the ball at the right time.

8 Murray Miller an U16 player signed form Motherwell for a development fee, picks up the loos balls and rarely gives possession away, keeps midfield ticking over.

9 Dapo Mebude can be unplayable or on occasions his head is elsewhere, usually the first 15 minutes will tell which Dapo has turned up.

11. Kai Kennedy the real playmaker of the team, not the biggest but really skilful and talented, at the moment the only one not commited to a contract.

12. Harris O'Connor cultured defender and another U16, Signed from Kilmarnock for a small development fee at U15 he was a year at Kilmarnock after his family moved north was previously on Charlton Athletic's books.

17 James Maxwell picked up this season when Falkirk/Forth Valley scrapped their youth setup. a decision will be made at the end of the season.

18 Matty Yates U16 striker who has played quite a few 17's games and scored a few goals/.

thanks for the pen pics m8.
i switched on at h/t as celtic were running out.
i thought 'dear god, they are all giants', and our boys looked wee in comparison.
good to see the ball on the floor and 'dribblers'. (yes, i'm auld).

Our whole model as a football club should be focused on bringing young players through and having them as first XI players. We’re not in a dissimilar position to say Ajax as a club so I don’t see why they can afford to have the majority of their squad coming through the youth ranks yet we only get a see a youngster become a proper starter for us every couple of years.

thanks for the pen pics m8.
i switched on at h/t as celtic were running out.
i thought 'dear god, they are all giants', and our boys looked wee in comparison.
good to see the ball on the floor and 'dribblers'. (yes, i'm auld).
My thoughts too. Their lot looked like big units. Our team looked like wee skinny boys. But good prevailed over evil for the first time I’ve seen this season!

My thoughts too. Their lot looked like big units. Our team looked like wee skinny boys. But good prevailed over evil for the first time I’ve seen this season!
There's a huge difference between boys in this age group. My son is 17 and an egg-chaser at county level. He's a shade over 6' and weighs about 12 stone. He'd have looked a giant on the field tonight but when you watch him playing rugby he looks like a wee skelf compared to some of the guys he plays with.

Will Kai sign a new contract? Looks talented

Thanks for this and all your reports of the youth games throughout the season. I was able to recognise the majority of the names last night having read all your reports. Great work elfideldo.

Well done The Rangers Youngsters.
I thought that Referee was good got the big decision's correct probably the best referee i have seen this season.

Well the wee guy in the Tim strip stole a piece of grass from the pitch and stuffed it down his sock.

I saw that, mibbees it was a performance enhancing sugary substance wrapper like swizzles he was stuffing intae his sock.

Fantastic performance. How refreshing to see skillful players willing to take opposition on and easily beating them. Even if they had 11 it would have still been the same result.

What a thing to say I have a daughter who is disabled Shame on you

What I'm referring to is the guy from blazing saddles, not down syndrome which if you are referring, I have a nephew who has downs so I would never scoff at that disablement.

I thought it was a great game last night. great that we won but some of the stuff on display was lovely on the eye- and I mean that for both teams.
All the players were comfortable on the ball, first touch controlled it , pass and move etc. i noticed as well that they were ok to pass to a team mate who had a man pressing him. Confidence.
Our right back looked good, his charge for the 3rd was superb. 2 centre half looked very assured.
Not many of these lads will make it, as they never do. What happens? is everything they have just now coached out of them?

"i thought 'dear god, they are all giants', and our boys looked wee in comparison."

In the Sinclair days we were associated with big, strong, physical players and Celtic the smaller technical players. That has now turned full circle.

"i thought 'dear god, they are all giants', and our boys looked wee in comparison."

In the Sinclair days we were associated with big, strong, physical players and Celtic the smaller technical players. That has now turned full circle.
There’s a happy medium though.

Well done the young Bears and the coaching team. A great performance and result just a pity we didnt really put them to the sword and scored a few more , even before the "unfair and unnecessary" sending off we were the better more dangerous team.
Obviously the guys up front stole the show but I was impressed by our full backs and Finlayson at centre half , I also liked the look of Miler in midfield he won the ball a lot and kept it simple.
Young lad Miller in midfield had a great game
Always aware of what was happening and never missed a pass
Great prospect

I work with Brian Gilmours uncle! He text him well done after the game. Got a reply at 2 20am boys must heve been enjoying themselves:D

Really good to see the guys you write about in your reports.

Back