Glasgow Tims Supercomputer

The_Irrepressibles

Deleted original message as I was talking sh!te. After reviewing the figures and realising I was reading the defensive stat the wrong way round.

But part of my point is still valid. We are being predicted to win by 5 points whilst they have been granted a higher offensive rating than us. I would certainly dispute the validity of that.

And this is the thing. There is nothing super about it. Given that it needs to be fed information from humans which is more often than not subjective.

Therefore, my super computer brain says we should win by more than 5, all else being equal, if, as I suspect, our offense is better than the 1.8 claimed. I'd also suggest, that while Duffy remains, their defence is worse than a 1.2.

Wonder what the outcome would be if both these were amended.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Deleted original message as I was talking sh!te. After reviewing the figures and realising I was reading the defensive stat the wrong way round.

But part of my point is still valid. We are being predicted to win by 5 points whilst they have been granted a higher offensive rating than us. I would certainly dispute the validity of that.
To be honest. I disagree.

I find them highly offensive.

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
Egyptian League, Slovakian League, Moroccan League, Polish League, Bulgarian League, Czech League, Peruvian League, Colombian League, Chilean League, Paraguayan League, Thai League and the Vietnamese League.
Good researching I never knew it was as widespread. I really don’t want it to be honest, kills the game. English football is becoming a farce. Goal line technology is as far as I’d go. With Goal line it’s a Yes or No decision , with Var referees are still having to make the final decision , so it’s not always right , there’s space for human error as we’ve seen many examples of down south.

AlbyD

This is just incase the league doesn’t get finished again,they will say according to our algorithm celtc are champions.

Grigo Yossarian

Good researching I never knew it was as widespread. I really don’t want it to be honest, kills the game. English football is becoming a farce. Goal line technology is as far as I’d go. With Goal line it’s a Yes or No decision , with Var referees are still having to make the final decision , so it’s not always right , there’s space for human error as we’ve seen many examples of down south.

Im of the opinion that if major wrong decisions are reduced and the best team wins more games, such as Easter Road this season, it’s a good thing.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
There was one of these computers that also predicted we were winning the league last season and, in truth, a few people got excited about it.

Load of tosh whoever it predicts is winning. Football is played on grass (and artificial surfaces, but not artificial intelligence).

sheddensbear

We have the potential to be champions. There's still a lot going way to go however so its vital that SG takes one game at a time. We need to be seen by the opposition as too good . Celtic reached a position where opposition teams don't think they can beat them ( clowns on here interpret this as lying down) and that helps them.

Aragorn

Would this be the computer used?

Beer Belly Loyal

This 'supercomputer' keeps changing its mind. :)

Now 73% to win #55.

Langland

Nate Silver (538) is a joke. He got run out of sports forecasting for inaccuracy and now acts as a mouthpiece for the DNC in the US.

change consent