Glen Hoddle - Pundit Extraordinaire

Just because you played the game, doesnt mean you can sensibly commentate on it/offer analysis! Clownish comments.
I’ve often thought this. There’s probably plenty of folk on here know more about tactics/football than Hoddle, Merson , etc. Problem is no one wants to listen to Tam from Pollok or Jimmy from Dumbarton on national TV, they want a famous name/face

That insufferable fucking twat McManaman was commentating on the Leicester game tonight and sounded absolutely mystified that they were somehow losing to Slavia Prague who got to the quarters 2 years ago knocking out Sevilla and took points off Barca and Inter in the Champions League last season. You'd genuinely have thought they were getting beaten by Boreham Wood or something.

The arrogance of English football pundits is astounding.
Noticed that myself last night. It was obvious Leicester thought they just had to turn up to win and also left out a few key players.

Minutes after the draw for the last 16 in December Glenn Hoddle declared it would be an English last four so long as the English teams avoided each other. In a stunning display of hubris he rubbished the chances of any other team versus the ‘best league in the world’.

Man U and Spurs both cantered through. Fair enough.

Arsenal however went life and death with Benfica, Needing an 87th minute winner tonight. The bold Glenn in December instantly dismissed Benfica, primarily based on the fact they came second to Rangers in their group. And then of course Leicester got papped out tonight by Slavia Prague.

Literally one round of fixtures after his bold prediction it’s been shown to be nothing but pure arrogance. Yes one of them or maybe two will go deep and could win it but I would imagine a lot of teams will really fancy their chances against Spurs or Arsenal if they draw them.
Hoddle is a strange one.
Great player and apparently a great coach, but there is just something missing.
You can't quite put your finger on it, but you know that there is a missing piece.

A wonderful player was Hoddle,
Who found football a bit of a dawdle,
Then he picked up a mic,
And say what you like,
But his patter's absolute twaddle

Aye ok I'm leavin....
I idolised Glen when I was just a runt
The genius player who could pull any stunt.
Then I met him one day
Away from the play
And immediately saw he was a bit of a cvunt.

Teddy.

Most of the pundits in English football think that if we where dropped into the EPL that we'd be relegated in the first season.

They are commentating from inside a bubble where the wages and transfer prices are 4x higher than anywhere else in Europe.
Most? Do you have a quote of ANY of them saying that?

Back