Glen Kamara and Leeds Utd

At his best he was a top player for us. His attitude is his downfall. What's he been like at Leeds? Been anonymous in the little bit I've seen of tonight's game.

Nothing wrong with GKs attitude at all.
Like a few others he got dicked around by Beale.

Quality player who we missed, although PC is fixing that hole.
He's been excellent for Leeds and hopefully he'll be plying his trade in the EPL next season. He's that level.

He's been excellent for Leeds and hopefully he'll be plying his trade in the EPL next season. He's that level.Was push in his last

He's been excellent for Leeds and hopefully he'll be plying his trade in the EPL next season. He's that level.
Absolute pish, never kicked a ball in 18 months

I thought the issue with Kamara first began in the summer before Beale arrived, mate?

He wanted to leave, but got a new contract that spring to help us protect our asset - with him and his agent fully aware of what we wanted for him - only for him to go in the huff because we held out for that amount.

Not saying the whole situation was handled well at all - another Ross Wilson masterclass - but the player shoulders a lot of the blame.

I’m also sure Beale would have told him about 7 or 8 different things in the January too, of course.

100% agree with his qualities as a player and his level of performance at Leeds so far though.

Last edited:
My Leeds mate been delighted with him - their season went upwards after his arrival.

Lot been said about his attitude over the piece with us. Maybe a combination of Aribo leaving etc and getting his move - they were big mates, fuelled the situation.

Kamara under a 'player trading model' should have been moved on post season 55 - nothing stays the same forever and would have been best for all parties if we made the decision then.

Beale was to blame for a lot of things but not Kamara downing tools.

Your memory fails you.

GK’s attitude, like Morelos and Kent for the whole of last season under 2 different management teams was poor.

Hope we get something before they find him out. Laziest entitled prick in the game there is.

No doubting his ability but he seems more interested in the coin than winning or being regarded fondly by the fans.

Last edited:
Imo, Kamara definitely played within himself during his final season with us before the transfer to Leeds. I watched some bits of his matches for Finland during that spell and apparently he was motm for a couple of them.

Kamara checked out after Seville, especially with his two closest pals leaving the club at the same time.

Was excellent away to PSV and helped us get to the CL but that was it really for season 2022/23.

No hard feelings though, an excellent signing for Rangers at a great price, sold for a good fee and was part of 55 and nearly became immortal in Spain. All the best to him.

What did Beale do to him?

Rubbish.
When his mates Aribo and Bassey left he wanted to leave . Downed tools under Gio long before Beale turned up ,Who tried initially getting him going again but gave up because of GK’s attitude in training , games etc.

After the European run to Seville he lost his motivation for us. He seems to play every game for then from what I’ve seen. He looks to be back to the same quality player he was for us for the most part.

My Leeds mate been delighted with him - their season went upwards after his arrival.

Lot been said about his attitude over the piece with us. Maybe a combination of Aribo leaving etc and getting his move - they were big mates, fuelled the situation.

Kamara under a 'player trading model' should have been moved on post season 55 - nothing stays the same forever and would have been best for all parties if we made the decision then.
On a side note, how’s Aribo fairing?

Watched the game yesterday. Thought he was good on the ball but the amount of time he spent just walking round near an opponent and not really wanting the ball surprised me

Nah, didn’t get the move he wanted, and threw the rattle out of the pram.

Players are notoriously mercenary, it’s a short career and they need to take it in whilst they still can. Unless you can blag it out for years like Roofe and basically take a great wage for having a rub down every day.

Kamara however appeared to be most skilled in the art of disappearing on the pitch. He had a canny ability of being able to hide in plain sight.

Driven, energised he’s a top player just don’t think those gears connect that often, no idea what player youre going to get never mind game to game but half to half.

Glad he’s no longer with us but hope he does well.

When Beale came in his plan was to build a team around Kamara. He was then told that this wasn’t the same Kamara as he’d worked with before.

When Nice moved the goalposts on deadline day and his move fell through Kamara took the huff. He was a waste of space after that, after being an excellent but often inconsistent player previously. We made good money on him and hopefully make some more if Leeds go up.

I wouldnt worry about it, if Leeds were 4pts clear of 2nd on final day, they'd finish 3rd.

This alos applies to Everton in reverse, when discussing their chances of relgation from the PL.
I disagree regarding Leeds.
They have a good manager in Farke who is well proven at that level, and he was given a large wedge to buy players.

Its close, but I can’t see them not finishing top 2, especially now Leicester’s arse seems to be well and truly collapsing.

When Beale came in his plan was to build a team around Kamara. He was then told that this wasn’t the same Kamara as he’d worked with before.

When Nice moved the goalposts on deadline day and his move fell through Kamara took the huff. He was a waste of space after that, after being an excellent but often inconsistent player previously. We made good money on him and hopefully make some more if Leeds go up.
Yep, a motivated Kamara is an absolutely terrific player, but in that final year, much like Morelos and Kent in their final year, he was a disgrace, totally uninterested

Imo, Kamara definitely played within himself during his final season with us before the transfer to Leeds. I watched some bits of his matches for Finland during that spell and apparently he was motm for a couple of them.
I've watched him at Leeds a few times and still seems exactly the same player, few tidy touches, doesn't hugely impact games and doesn't work that hard

Nothing wrong with Kent's attitude either, always gave 100%.
I’m sorry mate, but running around a lot doesn’t constitute a good attitude.

Kent in the SCSF v Celtic was an embarrassment. Attitude is about leadership, looking to continually improve and drive standards. Effort is a minimum requirement.

Back