Glen Kamara dismisses Rangers exit rumours as he breaks silence on Leeds link

See this no brainer of which you speak, come February and we lose a couple of games , midfield struggling without the balance provided by Kamara , and this place will be going tonto about his sale .

I just want us doing well and Kamara is to me a major part of that and the future . Keep our best players .

And what happens if he goes into his shell again and his form goes back out the window along with £10 million?? Works both ways.

If you can sell your fringe players for stupid money then that always works.

I don’t understand all this “ we only paid 50k for him so if an offer of 10m comes we have to sell” Because we got a bargain absolutely doesn’t mean we need to cash in early. Win the league and see it through to the summer with him then cash in for perhaps considerably more than 10m

I don’t understand all this “ we only paid 50k for him so if an offer of 10m comes we have to sell” Because we got a bargain absolutely doesn’t mean we need to cash in early. Win the league and see it through to the summer with him then cash in for perhaps considerably more than 10m
Not we have to sell, we would sell at that price. 100% we are never knocking back that money. Whether the player wanted to leave is a different matter

Just imagine Kamara played for celtc.

Andy Wanker would have been gushing about it all through the game.

No so tonight.

Congratulations on the historical win Glen and your fellow Fins.

We bought him for 50k. If, and I know it’s a big if, we get offered £10,000,000 for him we simply have to take it.

I hope he belts in a hat-trick tonight.

Don’t understand this logic. It’s surely about what he’s worth, not what we bought him for.

Arsenal didn’t sell Iwobi for £15m because he cost them nothing.

The season after 55 he gets to play CL football, you will have to be more convincing as to why any of our good players move on at that point?
Not saying he should go at all mate. We want to keep our best players. All I'm saying is that none of our better players should be allowed to leave prior to 55. If he has ambition then, as you say, CL football may be afacotr in any decision he may have to make.

Don’t understand this logic. It’s surely about what he’s worth, not what we bought him for.

Arsenal didn’t sell Iwobi for £15m because he cost them nothing.
They didn’t, but then again Arsenal are in a completely different position to Rangers.

I have no idea what Kamara is worth. He might be worth £3, he might be worth £30 million.

What my point is, we are a buy small and sell large club, and will be for the foreseeable future.

We bought Kamara for 50 thousand pounds less than a year ago. If someone offers ten million pounds I think we will accept it.

And the same applies to the next player we buy.

A smashing fella and a cracking player.

I hope he is going nowhere for a few years yet.

We are a selling club and the time will come when it suits the player and the club for him to move on to a more prestigious league which will let him make his money.

For the foreseeable future he is in the right place at the right club. I am glad to see that Glen can see that himself, despite folk being more obsessed with his value from a transfer than they are by his value as a Ranger.

They didn’t, but then again Arsenal are in a completely different position to Rangers.

I have no idea what Kamara is worth. He might be worth £3, he might be worth £30 million.

What my point is, we are a buy small and sell large club, and will be for the foreseeable future.

We bought Kamara for 50 thousand pounds less than a year ago. If someone offers ten million pounds I think we will accept it.

And the same applies to the next player we buy.

We shouldn’t be selling players just because it’s a healthy profit. It’s the same argument a lot made about Morelos at £10m.

He’s a player we should hang on to for as long as possible - big talent and at an age to get even better. On his way to Euro 2020; when he impresses there his value will soar.

Glen Kamaras parents are originally from Sierra Leone, but Glen is born and bred in Finland. He moved to London with his mum aged 12, hence why many think of him as English. He played for Southend for a while before being signed by Arsenal.

Unless we really need cash or have an upgrade lined up we shouldn't be selling any key players.

He will get better still and Davis may lsst a while yet but not for ever.

Let's get things in the open , Kamara is on a long term contract we do not have to sell him.
What we bought him for is totally irrelevant 50k, 250k even 250 million it its what he's worth at the time he says he wants to go or we want to sell him .
Thing that annoys me is on numerous posts guys are saying if he cost us 50k and we are offered £10 million we have to take it .Why ?
Proper way of doing it is someone say Leeds make a bid of 10 ,we tell them 25 then negotiations start and they might settle for 18 . Why do posters want to accept the first offer .
BTW both him and Alfie get offers in Jan they don't drop value in May more than likely there value would go up as more clubs will be involved .
Another thing we are going to need all our quality players to get 55 so until that happens don't want to see anyone of quality leaving until may .

That dinamo team is full of talent and all young aswell there scouts are fantastic.

Agree Maxi.

They got Luka from Lokomotiv who are a young feeder club to an extent.

Still think we can get more from that market as Borna & Niko are doing really well & coping with scottish physicality too.

I think he is a fantastic player who will only get better as he picks up more experience with us and Finland.
I can understand why people think selling him for £10M is great business, it is, but another season or two and it could be a much higher figure.
Lets be honest, 55 is everything for us this season, and we must keep our best players to achieve this.
The bank balance will take a hit in the next 6 months if we don't sell anyone, but the bigger picture could well be £30M plus, Champions League money and I feel after the Euro's his fee will be much greater.
Always remember the crazy fees being paid in England for middle of the road players and that Kamara is way above the level of loads of these £10M plus guys.
Keep Glen, keep Alfie, keep them all and get this f ucking league won Rangers.
We Are The People

I trust we will sell when it suits us and not because we have received a good offer. There is lots of money to be earned from Champions League football but that is only possible if we keep our best players.

Not we have to sell, we would sell at that price. 100% we are never knocking back that money. Whether the player wanted to leave is a different matter

Are you ever going to explain why though ?

I can see you are in no doubt you will be correct and that any bids around 6m, 7m etc, means we will grab the money.... but you dont seem to be able to tell us why you know its a cert. Would it be fair to say its simply because he was signed from Dundee and not say... Inter or Valencia ?

What would happen if the manager said to the board i understand we need cash in and 7m seems a great deal but im confident he will be worth twice that by next season... i think there would be a fair chance, given the excellent job Stevie G is doing, Dave would trust him.

He was born in Finland.
[/QUOTEfor

some questions can be misunderstood.....reminds me way back , when my younger sister and brother were having a conversation and my brother asked innocently , " what's a Hindhu ? " .my sister thought for a wee minute and replied " lays eggs I think "

In the grand scheme of things he has only really come into form in the last 2 or 3 games - before that he was nowhere near being the player of last year nevermind a £10 million rated one.

If we get a decent offer he will be for the off - that is an absolute no-brainer.

Fans that think it would be a good idea to sell GK in January are no-brainers.
Not a chance Stevie's letting one of his star men leave in January and the board will support him.

Great player and bought at a bargain. I’m sorry I don’t quite get him saying I’m a Rangers player till I’m told otherwise. Yeah true and your only in the shop window because your playing for Rangers. Don’t get above your station young man as a certain Brian Clough may have said. Love to keep him as he playes to our strengths. But.

Back