Glen Kamara missing international friendlies

Rossi1872

Looks like Glen Kamara has been called back to Scotland from Qatar by Dundee today (Tue 8th)...
They play Sweden in a friendly at 16:45.

From the Finnish FA's website...

8.1.2019 at 16.30
Sparv leads as captain, Lappalainen debut - Kamara home

Finland's A-national team, Sweaters, will meet Sweden on Tuesday at the first match of the year.

The Finnish national team coach Markku Kanerva has chosen one debut for the match to be played in Qatar : HJK's Lassi Lappalainen will receive his first A-match today. The team's captain is naturally the most experienced player in the team, Tim Sparv .

The Finnish team experienced a significant setback on the match day when Glen Kamara's club team, Dundee FC, wants their midfielder immediately back to Scotland.

- They have the right to do so because they are not so-called. International Game Day. I guess the issue is related to Glen's fresh move, Markku Kanerva said in the match.

- A crazy thing, but we can't do that. The Juho Pirttijoki River is also out of line due to foot injury. That's the way back.

Despite the setbacks, Kanerva still has 20 players on the coupon. The match starts at 18.45 Finnish time and six exchanges can be made. The opening season of the season can be followed live broadcast by Mikko Innanen viaViasat, Viaplay and Viafreen.

Finland's opening composition:
1 Jesse Joronen - 16 Juha Pirinen, 5 Juhani Ojala, 4 Joona Toivio, 3 Albin Granlund - 21 Lassi Lappalainen, 14 Tim Sparv, 11 Rasmus Schüller, 17 Simon Skrabb - 9 Eero Markkanen, 7 Rasmus Karjalainen

In exchange:
12 Walter Viitala, 23 Rasmus Leislahti, 8 Robert Taylor, 10 Kaan Kairinen, 13 Tim Väyrynen, 18 Robert Ivanov, 19 Sebastian Dahlström, 20 Saku Ylätupa, 22 Nicolas Hämäläinen

https://www.palloliitto.fi/jalkapal...-kapteenina-lappalainen-debytoi-kamara-kotiin

Don't want him getting injured so they can get some money for him I'd imagine

I think he'll deffo come in January, not sure bout Jones, can see Killie being A-holes about letting him come this month

I think he'll deffo come in January, not sure bout Jones, can see Killie being A-holes about letting him come this month

They are hardly been a-holes. He is contracted to them until the end of the season. They are a weaker team without him and why would they want to strengthen a direct rival at the same time?

It’s their prerogative whether they want to lose him for free at the end of the season or accept a bid, if we make one.

Last edited:
Why send him out there in the first place...
He was at Ibrox on Saturday and then out to Qatar until this morning.
Something's happening o_O

Tbf mate he's under contract with them until the end of the season and they've got plenty to play for still.

We've already praised Killie for their cooperation in his transfer.

Why send him out there in the first place...
He was at Ibrox on Saturday and then out to Qatar until this morning.
Something's happening o_O

They wouldn’t have let him leave Scotland on a what... 9 hour flight to go to Qatar to then call him back after a couple of days if something wasn’t afoot. They would have left him there.

The coach is quoted there as saying i guess the issue is related to Glens fresh move. I will take an almighty punt on that statement and say we might have a new player come Friday:)

Await the meltdown if he’s not! I think we will see him in Tenerife before Friday.

Looks like he could be on his way to us this window

Dundee recall Kamara as club look to do deal with Rangers
raman-bhardwaj.jpg
Raman Bhardwaj8 mins ago
The midfielder is returning from international duty and could move to Ibrox this month.
616461-glen-kamara.jpg

Deal: Kamara has already signed a pre-contract agreement. SNS Group
Glen Kamara has been recalled from international duty as Dundee aim to reach a deal with Rangers over the transfer of the player during this window.

The Finland international has signed a pre-contract with the Ibrox side and is due to join the club in the summer on a four year contract. But STV understands talks have taken place between the Dark and Light Blues over a potential deal this month.

Kamara was with the Finland squad in Qatar for a friendly against Sweden, but we understand the player is heading back to Scotland to hold talks with Dundee.

Finland boss Markku Kanerva confirmed that Dundee had recalled the midfielder and were permitted to do so because the match was not on FIFA's international calendar.

"They have the right to do so because it's not a so-called International Game Day," he said. "I guess the issue is related to Glen's fresh move."

Kamara came through the ranks at Arsenal before joining Dundee in 2017.

Would he need to come back to convert his pre contract to contract? He knows what his terms are at Ramgers, he knows he's passed the medical. It's just a case of signing a new as of now contract. You could do that by fax or a docusign of some sort I'd have thought.

I can’t get my head around this signing to be honest.

I know he’s an excellent footballer ...but who’s making way for him?

Kamara
Davis Arfield

or

Jack
Kamara Davis

????.

Kamara
Davis Arfield

or

Jack
Kamara Davis

????.
It's a squad game, we are pushing for the title we need as much quality as possible. I think rossiter will go out on loan and kamara will come in

Kamara
Davis Arfield

or

Jack
Kamara Davis

????.

Coulibaly is leaving. Who knows what’s going to happen with Rossiter.

As another poster said, we need a deep squad.

I’m against giving any Scottish club cash of any note ... but I would like to see the lad in the squad.

Genuinely think he has something that no one else in the team can offer.

Every time he’s involved in play he looks to move the play forward!

He’s the kind of player that Ovi would be if he moved faster and didn’t slow the play down so much.

If Dundee are accepting this and playing sensible with us I hope we give them someone decent on loan.
Hardie would be good for them and piss off Livingston and make them weaker.

Said it a few times, both will join in Jan. We made it very public the signings on purpose.
I was surprised we announced the pre contracts to be honest, particularly the Jones one where Kilmarnock are in the title challenge with us.
Am I right in thinking Ryan jack on a pre contract in January but nobody announced anything until the summer?

Is there anyone in our squad we could give Killie for a sweetener to get Jones in now?
Wouldn’t want Rossiter playing on there shitey pitch.
Maybe the boy at Falkirk.

I was surprised we announced the pre contracts to be honest, particularly the Jones one where Kilmarnock are in the title challenge with us.
Am I right in thinking Ryan jack on a pre contract in January but nobody announced anything until the summer?
All could have been same as Jack, we did it to put pressure on there clubs. Nice work.

Hardie could me more beneficial to us at livi where there’s a chance he’ll score goals and take points off our rivals less likely for that to happen at Dundee

They are hardly been a-holes. He is contracted to them until the end of the season. They are a weaker team without him and why would they want to strengthen a direct rival at the same time?

It’s their prerogative whether they want to lose him for free at the end of the season or accept a bid, if we make one.

I think provincial clubs can't let a player leave their club for nothing, when they can negotiate a fee for the player.
Especially a club like Kilmarnock, ive a feeling we might get Jones in this window.
Surely common sense will prevail, and Killie.will have a rethink on this transfer.

I think provincial clubs can't let a player leave their club for nothing, when they can negotiate a fee for the player.
Especially a club like Kilmarnock, ive a feeling we might get Jones in this window.
Surely common sense will prevail, and Killie.will have a rethink on this transfer.

The Killie fans are pretty pissed with Jordan after his tweet. They seem to be really annoyed with his WATP comment.
Due to that, I wouldn’t rule this out.

Back