Glen Kamara

I think about the fee we paid for this lad and it just makes me laugh. What a talent and only getting better. He won't stay with us forever, but he'll make us a fortune when the time comes and I firmly believe he could play at any level he wants.

It's going to be a controversial opinion, but I think both Kamara and Aribo are inconsistent in their performances. That being said, their highs are high indeed and their lows don't happen as often. I would offer Kamara in particular a new contract ASAP on the basis of tonight alone.

His use of the ball reminds me of kante(seriously), if he could do the same defense work he could be in the same breath as him in the future.

It's going to be a controversial opinion, but I think both Kamara and Aribo are inconsistent in their performances. That being said, their highs are high indeed and their lows don't happen as often. I would offer Kamara in particular a new contract ASAP on the basis of tonight alone.

Kamara inconsistency was a thing previous to this season, he is now a consistent high performer, oozes class, especially in Europe.

Aribo is inconsistent, annoyingly so. After he's produced a quality performance, I always think this is the time for him to kick on, only for him to disappoint again. No doubting his talent but until he can produce more consistently a regular starting place is not going to be his.

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous tonight. You know he's gonna do a drop of the shoulder but it works every time. He showed some great pace tonight too and that he's got plenty to offer in attack. At £50k he has to go down as the greatest signing in the history of football.
Yes, that burst of pace early !! Gave the left back 3 yards....never realised he was that quick !!

He is an outstanding footballer, if I had 1 criticism of him it would be him running with the ball, I dont think he does it enough yet he can go through players like a knife through butter.

New contract and another few years and then let him go to whever he pleases for lots of money

He’s maturing into a top quality midfielder, able to control games. Skilful, vision, awareness of what’s going on around him, likes a tackle, can retain possession and find space where none exists, and is getting better all the time with his forward movement and passing.

I really want Kamara to stay and see him in the CL next season. I think it’s a level he is capable of excelling in. I know we likely need to sell players in terms of sustainability and finance but Kamara would be way down my list. Morelos, Barisic, Kent are all in our top tier of players and I’d rather see one of them depart before Kamara. I don’t want to see any of them go of course, but realistically one of them probably will. And I’m putting Goldson and Tav further down the list too - for me, getting Kamara, Goldson and Tav onto new contracts is a priority.

Kamara has been very consistent over the season but he has stepped up to change his role within team. Can play holding and can get forward from midfield to break through teams with driving runs aswell. He is one of the few who can take the ball on the half turn and get away from opposition players with one swivel.

Kamara is an outstanding talent and I love watching him play football. He has got it all and this season he has been absolutely crucial in our extended unbeaten run in the league. Both him and Davis have been brilliant all season.

There's been times in his Rangers career where I feel he wasn't quite sure if he belonged here. Like a mentality thing.

He obviously has always had the ability, but he would at times switch off or go completely in to his shell and at times look like he had never seen a football before.

Holy shit, those days are thankfully long gone. Not only does he belong, he absolutely KNOWS he belongs.

I think this point is totally valid.

It’s a big jersey to fill.

He’s not just filling it now, he’s taking a bigger size Steve.

There is a bit of truth to that - especially in away games - because of the kind of non-footballing type of league we have. However watch him in European games against better teams and he is almost always a standout. That being said even in Scotland his performances are now consistently good.

Back