Match Thread Glentoran v Rangers B, Sunday, ko 1pm

McPake's outside foot finish was emphatic for 2-2.

Another cross, another header for 3-2 - Rory Donnelly.

Crossed balls are causing big danger every time.

Rory Donnelly is an expert at having baws in his face, to be sure.

Strong, skillful play from trialist Thompson Ishaka, the boy's got talent.

Rangers should have scored but Lindsay doesn't find inside of the post.

4-2 Roy.

Lovelace on as a sub for McCausland.

Actually still annoyed at myself for not booking earlier even though I was told about this 6 months ago, wasn’t sure if it was genuine or not and now I can’t make it.

Wee Charlie Lindsay to score a couple.
When is it your away for the 12th mate? I’m sure there will be plenty of festivities for bears over there.

Is this a game we should have been winning
Glentoran are several levels above what the B team usually play.

The B team also isn't about results. It's about giving young players mens gametime in our style. It will also always have varying levels of quality as some players like Lowry, King, etc last year develop quicker and push on. While others won't and don't have the quality to play that style in mens football. So you'll see poor results or sometimes a poor performance from promising youngsters.

We took some pumpings last season but the cream of the B team stepped up and played alongside the senior pros. They showed their quality in the final first team league game of the season. I have no doubt a couple will do similar next season.

I’d expect Glentoran are a level or two higher than the Lowland league.
The players will have learned here.

I enjoyed that game this afternoon.

Plenty of room for improvement and learning points, as well as positives in terms of individual performances.

Zak Lovelace displayed plenty of ability in his late second half appearance - one to watch.

Our 'trialist' also continues to impress as did others ijn spells.

Kane Ritchie-Hosler was my MOTM, overall.

Plenty of room for improvement and learning points, as well as positives in terms of individual performances.

Zak Lovelace displayed plenty of ability in his late second half appearance - one to watch.

I think he looks a very good player that kane ritchie-hosler. Will be good to see who is next to make the breakthrough to the first team. Think the next couple of seasons we will start seeing us shift a bit towards the youths becoming a part of the first team makeup.

McCausland, McPake and the ishaka boy on trial was the standout for me, very powerful youngman, id bring him on for the season then immediate loan to a championship team if possible.

Struggled with height today and thought young fraser the captain struggled down his side.

I did wipe my feet on the way out though, FTG and their peado harbouring offender and James the provos brother.

Where was the boy we got from Motherwell and do u know where the Colombian boy is as well?

Back