Glentorn v Linfield

A far from vintage linfield team.

watched larne crusaders. The best the crusaders have played all season. Shaping up to be a very decent league.

Once again I enjoyed watching a game from across the water. Looking forward to my Friday night fix, Carrick Rangers vs Glentoran.

Institute is another one
You what,you what you what you what .I take it your not an NI bear or you would know the Institute set up .
The post you replied to actually had it nailed .
Great night for the Bannsiders .Everyone bar the Crus slipping up and the Blues have the red scum at the weekend .
Coleraine away to Dungannon Swifts who are bottom but are actually the last team to beat them .
Getting interesting now :))
If only skinner had knocked that one in at windsor 2 weeks ago at the death but on we go .Blues are in a panic LOL

Last edited:
I’d be delighted if Linfield didn’t win the league this year.

It would put us back on top of them in terms of title wins (55 compared to their 54).

The Blues are chronic every time I watch. Can’t tell if I’m a jinx. Conor Pepper is a horrendous right back, and that keeper a massive downgrade on previous seasons.
The blues do what they always do .See a half decent player at one of their rivals and pinch him away.
Remember the infamous row Jeffery got himself into after singing about getting Waterworth from the glens.Storm in a tea cup to be fair and Jeffery does come across as a decent football man .
They more recently took pepper and yip,horrendous player and then we have Chris Johns .
Now don't get me wrong here.He was loved in Coleraine and i've never heard a bad word uttered about him leaving for windsor . Contract up ,they made the offer and off he went but we got the young blues keeper coming the other way and after a hesitant start to the season ,he has really come onto it now . I think in Gareth Deane we have a fantastic keeper .Unless the blues think of raiding the showgrounds again that is .

If I had a second team, which I never will, it'd be Linfield after the way the helped us out in 2012.

However, I'd quite like them not to win the league this year so that we are the only club in the world on 55 ;)
you don't want to go there :D find some of the old threads on the subject and you'll get the drift ,not least from this bear .match might have been at windsor for obvious reasons but the rest of the country filled the place with the help of the visiting bears.
have you seen the blues support recently . he he he

you don't want to go there :D find some of the old threads on the subject and you'll get the drift ,not least from this bear .match might have been at windsor for obvious reasons but the rest of the country filled the place with the help of the visiting bears.
have you seen the blues support recently . he he he

Not really sure what that means.

What I do know is that Linfield, without needing to, passed to Rangers all proceeds from the friendly during a time that everyone else was trying to kill us...

That'll do for me.

Not really sure what that means.

What I do know is that Linfield, without needing to, passed to Rangers all proceeds from the friendly during a time that everyone else was trying to kill us...

That'll do for me.
The friendly was set up to aid Rangers .Every bear in NI, Donegal and beyond was there to support the effort .As i said ,there has been detailed discussion on this in the past and really don't want to drag it up again other than to say there are loads of loyal blue noses that support a lot of different teams in the irish league but it appears at times that only the blues support are worthy of mention when it comes to following Rangers .
BANNSIDER LOYAL

The friendly was set up to aid Rangers .Every bear in NI, Donegal and beyond was there to support the effort .As i said ,there has been detailed discussion on this in the past and really don't want to drag it up again other than to say there are loads of loyal blue noses that support a lot of different teams in the irish league but it appears at times that only the blues support are worthy of mention when it comes to following Rangers .
BANNSIDER LOYAL

Fair enough. But it was set up by Linfield FC who took the lead, hosted it, and decided that they'd give the cash to Rangers rather than keep it.

It's also fair to say that Rangers have a long-standing relationship with that club, the likes of which they don't enjoy with anyone else in NI.

Fair enough. But it was set up by Linfield FC who took the lead, hosted it, and decided that they'd give the cash to Rangers rather than keep it.

It's also fair to say that Rangers have a long-standing relationship with that club, the likes of which they don't enjoy with anyone else in NI.
the relationship certainly goes back to pre season matches over the last 2 decades that helped fill the windsor coffers at the expense of the ni bears .
blues fans weren't out selling the RTID merchindise any more than a bannsaider,glen man or any other club. take the blue goggles off for 5 mins .

You been watching coleraine ? Think it could be their year?
could be mate.on a charge atm and recent games have seen full use of the squad so when the split comes we should be pretty fresh and a lot of the injuries cleared up by then but knowing us we'll likely fall down to a wee team .
thats coleraines way sinse 1974 .lost count of our 2nd places but no title but i live in hope

could be mate.on a charge atm and recent games have seen full use of the squad so when the split comes we should be pretty fresh and a lot of the injuries cleared up by then but knowing us we'll likely fall down to a wee team .
thats coleraines way sinse 1974 .lost count of our 2nd places but no title but i live in hope
If skinner and allen were both 5 years younger .......

the relationship certainly goes back to pre season matches over the last 2 decades that helped fill the windsor coffers at the expense of the ni bears .
blues fans weren't out selling the RTID merchindise any more than a bannsaider,glen man or any other club. take the blue goggles off for 5 mins .
Honestly mate, there's no blue goggles. I have no horse in this race.

To the objective neutral, Linfield have been a great friend to Rangers and anyone who suggests otherwise, I'd suggest respectfully, likely have support for another NI team and an axe to grind insofar as Linfield are concerned.

They'll always have my respect for the way they treated Rangers, that's all that concerns me.

If skinner and allen were both 5 years younger .......
i know mate .i'd fine them 50 quid every time they get flagged off side but skinner esp has that strength to hold the ball up and won the 2nd pen on sat so i'll forgive him :))wee curtis is def past his best but 2 doubles before sat he,s back in the good books too .
need trainor back and big stevie too.
i thought howard was shocking on sat ,esp 1st half and see why the crus let him go but obviously well short on match time after his injury .
and wee ben ,well what can i say .ist start back and 2 superb pens . lets go :))

i know mate .i'd fine them 50 quid every time they get flagged off side but skinner esp has that strength to hold the ball up and won the 2nd pen on sat so i'll forgive him :))wee curtis is def past his best but 2 doubles before sat he,s back in the good books too .
need trainor back and big stevie too.
i thought howard was shocking on sat ,esp 1st half and see why the crus let him go but obviously well short on match time after his injury .
and wee ben ,well what can i say .ist start back and 2 superb pens . lets go :))

yup howard has been done for 2 seasons. I think it comes from his back - always looks stiff as a board.

yup howard has been done for 2 seasons. I think it comes from his back - always looks stiff as a board.
fine player in his first stint and obviously had a great career with the crus but was all over the shop for 30 mins and lucky not to lose at least one goal before half time.
i was talking about sat there and was last night :))you'd have been thinking wtf is he talking about lol
so much football atm thick and fast thank heavens for the live streams

Back