Goal difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should’ve been going out with the mindset of battering teams well before now. We never seem to have enough bodies in the box.

I recon in order to win the league along with 2 wins in the next 2 we also need to change our goal difference by +9, even then they will have a much easier final game and could scud St Mirren by as many as needed

Just win on Saturday- then let’s see how they handle the defeat- they have never been under pressure with 2 games left to play- their fans will be on their backs if they are 3 points behind and playing catch up on Wednesday at Kilmarnock
The pressure on them will be immense

Don't think it'll go to GD. Even if it does then them at home to St Mirren last day of the season will ensure they win it.

If(!) we win tomorrow and then beat Dundee at Ibrox on Tuesday we're three clear before their trip to Rugby Park. Then it's about their bottle rather than how many goals they'll rack up.

I recon in order to win the league along with 2 wins in the next 2 we also need to change our goal difference by +9, even then they will have a much easier final game and could scud St Mirren by as many as needed
Think the big game (if we win on Saturday) is Killie away for them.

Killie don’t concede many and certainly not at the home. That’s before you look at their results against Celtic so far this season.

To be really greedy we want a StMirren win tomorrow which means Killie will be playing for a point to secure 4th on Wednesday but all we can do is win and see where it take us.
Personally I think if we win tomorrow we win the league one way or another and if we win the league we win the cup and bang, there we have it....

If we beat them on Saturday and they we both win our midweek games I believe we will be top on Goal difference it then comes down to how many they stick past St Mirren and how many we stick past hearts

I wouldnt.

Imo to have any chance we need to win on saturday. 1 goal is enough. Then beat dundee by 4 goals so we are top by the time they play killie on points and GD. Its then over to them

Anything more than that in either game is a bonus but we need to be top on wednesday night before they play by 3 points and a better GD
I agree in principle however if we only end up a goal better off before they play I see them winning by a few goals. We need a few goal win on Saturday.

We simply must beat these fckers they will have party's organised everywhere especially with all the communion partys this weekend,let's turn their fcking party's into wakes

It is in theory possible. The victory and the points are the first priority, even a 1 nil.
I can see their Kilmarnock game being tight but have concerns about the St Mirren one.
We can't take victories for granted and discount teams but we really should have taken care of business prior to this.

They would take a massive amount off St Mirren last game unfortunately
If St Mirren get a result against Killie then they will have something to play for in the last game. They arent just going to roll over, professionals dont do that anyway. Also, they have 'taken a massive amount' off 2 teams this season, thats it. Less than we have done it I would imagine.

Lets beat them and take it from there.

To have any chance to win the league it’s almost certainly going to have to be on points sadly.

St Mirren on the final day for them would be double figures for them probably as that mob have a history of lying down to them on the final day of the season.

If we could win at Piggery and then Skelp Dundee 5 0 they will go into game against Killie on the weds under immense pressure.

A bit far fetched but its the hope that kills you :)

It’s just about getting the win for me, because that would hopefully change their mental state and hopefully draw or even better get beat at Killie.

If you could have a guaranteed 1-0 win or flip a coin for a 3-0 win, which would you choose?

I personally think we need the goals. They will demolish killie and St mirren if they need to imo.

Pointless worrying about this unless we do the business tomorrow, if we get the 3 points then I’ll start considering the permutations.

Even a one goal victory puts them under enormous pressure as they go to Rugby Park just 4 days later.

If you could have a guaranteed 1-0 win or flip a coin for a 3-0 win, which would you choose?

I personally think we need the goals. They will demolish killie and St mirren if they need to imo.
How often to Killie get demolished at home ? they destroyed them once under Postecoglu that was it.

We need to go at them from the start. Get an early goal and the fans will turn against them. Deflate them like they did to us(by sheer luck though) in the 1st half last time. Anything is possible then.

Celtic having their Player of the Year do at the Hydro on Sunday night shoulde be a big incentive for Rangers at Celtic Park
If we do win this could really go in our favour.
The pressure they will feel going into the Killie game if they have to spend the evening after an OF defeat in amongst their raging fans.
The idea of this pleases me greatly. I really hope our players can turn up for once because if they do I really think we can win.

Realistically we need to beat them by 2 and outscore them in the other games, beating them by 3 would obviously be even better but goal difference (IF a victory can be secured on Saturday) is potentially an extra and title winning point.

PC needs to get these players at them from the first minute to the last, nothing to lose, everything to gain !
a win would be a small step in the right direction, a win by 3 is really pushing the expectation

Realistically we need to beat them by 2 and outscore them in the other games, beating them by 3 would obviously be even better but goal difference (IF a victory can be secured on Saturday) is potentially an extra and title winning point.

PC needs to get these players at them from the first minute to the last, nothing to lose, everything to gain !
I think if we win tomorrow they'll drop points at Kilmarnock as they already think it's done.

the next 4 games are the biggest cup finals in these players careers arguably bigger than the Europa final. Win these and every player in the squad becomes an all time hero at the club, The players need to be ruthless from kick off tomorrow, make no mistake Celtic will be up for it in front of their deranged fans but we must use this to our advantage and put ultimate pressure on them, force them into mistakes and anger their crowd they loose them they loose the game imo. As big marv said Believe! We can do this WATP!

They are set up to score goals we however just dont have players who will score what we need. Had we had Danilo and Sima might have been different. County and Dundee cost us the league and only a huge amount of luck will give us succcess.
For the first time ever I feel we can not beat them at the piggery. We had our chance at Ibrox and that plus the games mentioned above is where we failed.
PC has done a good job for us but he just does not have the players we need and hopefully they will come next season.
I would take a cup win to give us a good end to the season.

A win tomorrow and Tuesday, there's every chance we will be top by a couple goals when they head to Killie. They'll be absolutely shitting it.

Big ask tomorrow, but doable

Our record home + away vs them is awful and yet folks are talking about 2 or 3 goals.

A win tomorrow by any means and likewise vs. Dundee. Let them feel the pressure at Rugby Park.

Reactions: SDF
If we do win this could really go in our favour.
The pressure they will feel going into the Killie game if they have to spend the evening after an OF defeat in amongst their raging fans.
The idea of this pleases me greatly. I really hope our players can turn up for once because if they do I really think we can win.
To me that shows how arrogant they are

I have no doubt they wanted the game against us this weekend and organised it

Win 3-1 tomorrow.

Leather Dundee 6-0 during the week while they draw at Kilmarnock.

Leaves us 2pts and 5 goals ahead going into the final day. Easy.

I'm greedy. Killie to beat them too,leaving us 3 points and 6 goals ahead. Tynecastle and 90 mins of us giving it the bears are having a party.

A few posters have covered it already, however the notion that we need to win by 3 goals at a venue where we have not won since 2020, is nonsensical.

If we win tomorrow by any score line, we will have a chance to rack up goals at home to Dundee on Tuesday night, before they go to Kilmarnock on Wednesday.

Just win. Simple.

No doubt there will still be some maniacs out there that even if we win, will still scream abject failure if we're still behind them on GD after the game tmoro.

Fact is as far as tmoro is concerned, GD should really be irrelevant. We've got enough on our plate with needing a win against a side we've not beaten in a significant game in a long time now without the added pressure of going all out to chase down extra goals as well.

Just win the game. That's all I want. Anything can happen in the last 2 games where goals are concerned but itl be irrelevant without a win tomorrow. That has to be the be all and end all. 3 points. Anything more is a bonus.

Any win on Saturday gives us a fighting chance. I still feel they will drop more points regardless but unless we win Saturday, it is irrelevant.

I would give my left tezzer for a scrappy 1-0 win with the goal coming off Ben Davies’ arse cheek right now.

How often to Killie get demolished at home ? they destroyed them once under Postecoglu that was it.

History tends to show that when either of the old firm needs goals they are a different animal. Especially against a team on the beach with Europe secured.

Like if we win tomorrow, I expect us to absolutely destroy Dundee midweek by 4 or 5 minimum.

It would then go to goals scored.

If that was identical ( which could have happened in 2003) then they said then that it would be a one off playoff to determine who won it
This time they would probably do an e mail vote and award it to the bheasts on some spurious grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back