Goal Difference

Skyy Bluenose

Overall goal difference in all competitions:
Goals for 52 Goals Against 9 (+43)

SPFL
8 Games
Goals for 26 Goals Against 5 (+21)
6 goal advantage with a 2 point lead.

Since week 1 of the season, when the team in second place beat St. Johnstone 7-0 and we beat Killie 2-1.
7 Games
Goals for 24 Goals Against 4 (+20)
2nd Place team
Goals for 15 Goals Against 7 (+8)

Of course this includes the 4 goal swing in our only loss. Eye-popping numbers. On pace to score 124 goals. :))

Overall goal difference in all competitions:
Goals for 52 Goals Against 9 (+43)

SPFL
8 Games
Goals for 26 Goals Against 5 (+21)
6 goal advantage with a 2 point lead.

Since week 1 of the season, when the team in second place beat St. Johnstone 7-0 and we beat Killie 2-1.
7 Games
Goals for 24 Goals Against 4 (+20)
2nd Place team
Goals for 15 Goals Against 7 (+8)

Of course this includes the 4 goal swing in our only loss. Eye-popping numbers. On pace to score 124 goals. :))

Ibrox is fast becoming that fortress Stevie G talked about when he first arrived (one minor blip apart)

12 goal swing at the top of the table in 7 games is phenomenal. Taking into account our only loss, it's 16 goals in 6 games.

It's what we didn't do last year, putting the other teams in the league to the sword.

We'll pump a few more at Ibrox this season. Love it!!

From memory I don’t think we’ve broke the century in terms of league goals scored (in the top flight anyway) since we last won the treble, 2002/03. Quite fancy us to do it this year!

If you read into stats our XG is actually higher and Thimmys is lower than the actual number scored

52 goals in 20 games is amazing!

Half of them by Morelos and Defoe (26)

The other half shared between Ojo, Aribo, Barisic, Goldson, Tav, Arfield, Stewart, Kamara, Barker, Helander, Katic and Jack...and only into October too.

The league this year probably wont be about us v mentally challengeds. Last year we did slightly better v them but lost to dross. This year we are blowing dross away. For the first time in years I'd be terribly disappointed if we lost to them at the Piggery but my abiding memory of Lennon is kicking the bottle at Inverness and to be honest I think he will lose the rag again. Lennon v Gerrard is no contest.

Expected goals. A modern stat which tries to measure how many goals the team should have scored. My understanding is it rates the quality of chances so it must be subjective.
A high XG being higher than actual goals scored can be read two ways;
Glass half empty our finishing is poor.
Glass half full we are creating loads of chances.

I prefer the objective stats like actual goals and having 2 more points than the team in second :))

If you read into stats our XG is actually higher and Thimmys is lower than the actual number scored
From what I've seen we are both outperforming what xG would expect but they are at a much higher rate which is largely down to their game against St Johnstone on the first game of the season.

Us:
GF - 21 (data doesn't include round 8 games yet)
GA - 5
xGF - 19.7
xGA - 6.05

so we are outperforming by 2.35

Them:

GF - 22 (data doesn't include round 8 games yet)
GA - 5
xGF - 15.43
xGA - 5.63

so they are outperforming by 7.2

This numbers would be even more in our favour after Hamilton game comes in. So shows that they can't expect to keep scoring at the nearly 3 goals a game rate that they are scoring.

Expected goals. A modern stat which tries to measure how many goals the team should have scored. My understanding is it rates the quality of chances so it must be subjective.
A high XG being higher than actual goals scored can be read two ways;
Glass half empty our finishing is poor.
Glass half full we are creating loads of chances.

I prefer the objective stats like actual goals and having 2 more points than the team in second :))
Thanks for explaining mate. I'm a stato dullard lol.

It’s only a few weeks ago many on here we’re having a meltdown over our lack of goals compared to the scum. Total lack of understanding of what is a reasonable sample size to draw any sort of conclusions from. As expected we’re now getting a better picture as time goes on and it’s looking very good so far. Some tricky away games coming up though.

Goals for us and the scum will be largely bumped up with home games. We have had the big advantage so far. On another thread someone has posted we have something like 7 away from next 9. The presumably will be the reverse. Goal difference this early does not really mean to much this early. I'll take a 1 goal victory in every game. :))

Back