Goalkeepers wearing caps

You don’t see this much anymore as the modern player is all about image and doesn’t wanna mess up their hair.

Never mind caps/hats, it’s increasingly rare to even see a bald player at a high level now. Used to be able to easily make a Bald Squad from the Prem, but I dunno if you’d get 11 now.

I think Bartez was the first goalie to wear long sleeves. He used to cut the sleeves off because Goalies jerseys were always long sleeved.
for years I thought that the goalie had to wear long sleeves to make his arm identifiable when he was up with other players trying to punch or catch the ball, but not so.
Another thing now is goalies wearing jerseys a similar colour to his own team….

I'm 100% certain he wasn't :))

I was thinking about this at the Brighton game. In the second half, their keeper was using his hand to shield the glare from the setting sun and I wondered why he wasn’t wearing a cap. On a related point, I noticed the sun‘s rays creeping higher and higher up the Copland as the sun set. Bring your shades on Saturday if you’re in the Copland front! Needless to say, this is only a problem in summer friendlies and early season games.
Yeah, I was in the Copland Rear on Sunday, normally I'm Club Deck. Thats what got me thinking about this. Luckily I had my shades with me.

Don't say that name.

tenor.gif
Sends a shiver down the spine...

I remember once Joe Hart getting the loan of a cap from a fan behind the goal. He gave it back when he was finished.

As soon as Tony pulis appeared on the scene everyone ditched the caps. %^*& being associated with him.

Keepers with the long pants as well. I always picture Goram wearing them for some reason.

I said to the Mrs while watching the Brighton game that it was weird to see McLaughlin in short sleeves. Can't remember the last time saw a Rangers keeper in short sleeves.
Lionel Charbonnier maybe?

Goalies with trackies aswell. Managers puffing snout. Defenders with tits. Its why I laugh at the elders claiming their heroes are the best players ever. Some of the highlights from back in the day are hilarious. Was a different sport.

Back