Goals from open play

Fergie90

What's going on with our creativity in open play ?

Been more than few occasions this season where we just don't look like scoring or resort to just throwing it in the box.

Malmo for example against 10 men where we all knew we weren't scoring again if we played another 2 hours.

Even when it it doesn't work we continue to play goal kicks out to Goldson who rolls it to Tav and he is pressed and either passes it back 3 yards or launches it losing possession.

Can't we clip it over a team now and again to beat the press or play two players out wide for 20 minutes and run at teams ?

Ryan Kent was key to this for us and unfortunately Scott Wright isnt in the same stratosphere so teams are happy to press us knowing the clip over the top isnt on.

I think we are averaging less than 1 a game in the league if my memory serves me right, 10 in 11 games. 5 of them came in the first 3 games of the season meaning only 5 goals from open play on our last 8 league games.

Ryan Kent was key to this for us and unfortunately Scott Wright isnt in the same stratosphere so teams are happy to press us knowing the clip over the top isnt on.
Kent is key mate but even when he was playing earlier in season it was same problems imo.

Back