Goldson needs dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of Butland !!! Goldson is fkn horrendous the past month
Yep, he’s been awful - but who knows what effect dropping Goldson in mid-April would have on the mentality of the rest of the squad. He’s clearly a huge presence in that team, regardless of performance.

And it isn’t as if Balogun is some sort of guarantee either.

He's been excellent for Rangers in Europe considering what we got him for, however for the must win games in the league that require big performances from your main defenders, Goldson has been sadly lacking I'm afraid.

Truth be told we can say the same about every last one of our defensive options. That's what people need to remember when they want him dropped. Other than Leon Balogun who's not the most reliable injury wise, who exactly do we replace Goldson with?

Goldson has been ordinary for quite some time now - he's smart enough to know that they'd chuck it sooner or later and really isn't looking forward to everyone's reaction.

Yep, he’s been awful - but who knows what effect dropping Goldson in mid-April would have on the mentality of the rest of the squad. He’s clearly a huge presence in that team, regardless of performance.

And it isn’t as if Balogun is some sort of guarantee either.
Benfica og jumping with his elbow in Dims game just two absolutely huge errors yep but continue to play him ??? It’s like rewarding failure and he had a shocker today any high pressure game sadly he can’t handle it …,

Glodson should have been benched several games ago however

he'll be starting on Wednesday - how the heck is PC still playing him

Total liability

Benfica og jumping with his elbow in Dims game just two absolutely huge errors yep but continue to play him ??? It’s like rewarding failure and he had a shocker today any high pressure game sadly he can’t handle it …,
He has made huge errors throughout his Rangers career - the Europa Final being a prime example.

Dropping your vice captain in the middle of April whilst having the title in your own hands is Di Canio like behaviour.

Glodson should have been benched several games ago however

he'll be starting on Wednesday - how the heck is PC still playing him

Total liability

He’s playing him because he’s the best CH we have.

It may be a low bar but thats where we are

Goldson needs dropped to send a message to the rest of them.

He is awful and doesn't deserve to play and it isn't setting a good example that he comes straight back in from injury and makes countless mistakes and scored two awful own goals but is untouchable.

He can't run, tackle, pass, head or read the game.

No reason to play him.
Never mind dropped he needs to leave. He hates the fans and I think the feeling is mutual. Will be on the best part of 40k a week for the performances he puts into today.

Don’t forget we should be thankful that he knocked back all those offers to sign another contract on £30k plus a week. Absolutely no truth in the rumour that no one else wanted him. No siree!

Thinks he is a ticket and always looking to blame someone else. Would be quite happy never to see him in a Rangers shirt again. Should never have re-signed him when he was holding out for a better offer which never materialised (speaks volumes). That highlighted to me how much he thinks about the club.

Best at heading? Souttar and Balogun better

Best at tackling? Probably Balogun

Best at covering distance? Souttar

Best at reading the game? Balogun

Bringing the ball out? Souttar

In what department is Goldson better than Souttar or Balogun?

In my opinion, Goldson is the best CH we have at the club.

If Balogun and Souttar were the best options they would be playing together.

Goldsons form has dipped along with the rest of the team but you try and be a CH when your fullbacks and midfielders don’t track runners, switch off and lose 50/50’s.

He has fallen away quite dramatically, was always capable of a bomb scare but now he looks shot.

He appears to have lost quite a bit of weight too which doesn't seem to have given any benefits to his play

Goldson has to go. I am sick of the amount of times he's cost us with his brain farts at the back. He has got far too comfortable knowing he's one of the first picks, so he thinks he can just turn up in his slippers. He's lost all hunger and desire for this club.

He is awful and doesn't deserve to play and it isn't setting a good example that he comes straight back in from injury and makes countless mistakes and scored two awful own goals but is untouchable.

No reason to play him.
Agree he is due to be dropped,the worst thing for me is when he has the ball at his feet and is faffing about,not driving forward or making a pass ,you are just waiting for him to be dispossed,time to bring in Balogun.

He has made huge errors throughout his Rangers career - the Europa Final being a prime example.

Dropping your vice captain in the middle of April whilst having the title in your own hands is Di Canio like behaviour.
what you are describing is more like Einsteins view on insanity "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

its needs a refresh..................

No reason to play him.
Accurate summary unfortunately - his form has been in the bin for some time & the speed of his descent from the 55 season is remarkable - he's moving like an old man out there and today he was again nowhere near the men he should have been near.

As for his attempts on goal, the least said the better - even free headers don't seem to hit the target.

Clement sees him as a "leader" though, so I would be surprised if he was dropped, especially as he today quoted our defence as having the best record in the league.

Souttar at least throws himself at the ball to get some blocks in, but he was badly at fault for the 3rd goal last week IMO, so we're in poor shape at CB at the minute.

We’ve conceded the least goals in the league. Clement would be committing suicide if he started making huge changes with 6 games to go. Be rational.
That’s because of the keeper though. I don’t think there’s anything suicidal about dropping the same players who collapse like this every year. If anything it seems more mental to keep doing the same thing that’s yielded little in terms of honours.

Been a huge disappointment this season, not the only one though. Needs dropped for Balogun, he thinks he’s untouchable.

You could tell by the almost sardonic grin on his face at the third goal, that he'd been expecting the inevitable cave-in and that it had just arrived.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - there weren’t many on here up in arms at Goldson re-signing.

That said, he looks shot now.

He looks a player at the end of his time with Rangers, his form this season has been awful and should've been dropped games ago.

He has been shocking since the PSV calamity but is seen as some sort of rock. He is lower championship level. Embarrassing as a club that we treat this guy like we are lucky to have him.
Make no mistake, he thinks we are lucky to have him too.

When he speaks in interviews his arrogance is off the charts.

His refusal to wear suits while the rest of the players are suited and booted is annoying too, most games he is in his tracksuit while the players are in their suits.

This season he's been poor. I'm ready for a change, even if it takes some time to find a new CH.

I liked him previously and was a massive upgrade at the time, but those were dark times indeed.

Absolute shitebag.

His defining moment was at Seville and we rewarded him with 4 more years.
Should have been binned after that game. He's getting worse with game by game. We're stuck with him unfortunately. Needs replacing along with another 6/7 of them.

He’s had a really poor season, especially the last few weeks. I don’t know how dropping him would affect the rest of the squad, could work but could also upset things. Either way, I’d be happy to see him replaced in the summer. For some reason I’ve never really taken to him.

Hes finished. Do will still have 2 more years of him earning about £30k per week?
Winding down his career at our clubs expense.
I only need to look back at his on pitch interview in December after winning League Cup to see where his head was at?

We’ve got Balogun on the bench. What’s stopping Clement from dropping an absolute bombscare at the back?

Another manager who fails to drop the under performers and old guard.

Davies must be diabolical in training if he isn't even getting a sniff of a game. He's vanished from the face of the earth.

Davies must be diabolical in training if he isn't even getting a sniff of a game. He's vanished from the face of the earth.
Weakest CB at the Club and was sussed out rather quickly by the management.

No coincidence he was bombed out after his horror show against Real Betis away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back