Goldson out for rest of season

Goldson like any player deserves criticism when it is justified-clearly seen as something of a big problem within a sizeable section of the support.

Unfortunately we are left with Souttar who has clearly been at fault for more goals this season and an enigmatic Balogun who made a mistake last week that Goldson would have been crucified for.
Careful what you wish for Bears -Goldson being out is a major major setback

Davies may have had a few brain farts but all the defence have at some point - the latest being Balogun on sunday
He will be 3rd choice and we have to back him if he plays
Is he fit/available at the moment?

I know he hasn’t played much this season but I can’t recall any major mistakes.

Should have clarified that it excluded Davies and King given they’ve been no where near the first team. Wouldn’t be confident with either of them starting if Balogun or Souttar are fit.
They might have been limited in starts, and even bench appearances, but the cold hard facts are that if either of Balogun/Souttar are injured or need rested, then one of those two will come in. 'Excluding' them makes no sense mate.

Aye mate, he has went in the huff and torn his own ligaments intentionally……..that will show Clement!

Honest to Christ.
Isn’t mad,for weeks goldson has been public enemy number one and demands he’s dropped and never plays for us again.he suffers a knee Injury in an accidental clash at training and it turns out Goldson is a fraud who fucked up his own knee because he was dropped.you would think his detractors would be delighted at the news.

This place gets worse by the day. Close to becoming intolerable on certain topics/players.
the idea that Connor has done his knee because he’s in the huff,really takes the biscuit.aye like he’s put the rest of his career in jeopardy deliberately,after what he came through to play football at a decent level is sheer ignorance and downright nasty

the idea that Connor has done his knee because he’s in the huff,really takes the biscuit.aye like he’s put the rest of his career in jeopardy deliberately,after what he came through to play football at a decent level is sheer ignorance and downright nasty
We all like a good laugh at the 'mentalness' on display on the Kerryfail threads but, honestly, our own support - and it saddens me to say it - is awash with more than its fair share of utter cretins and idiots.

King has been re training as a midfielder, I doubt he will be used at cb. Davies, Yfeko, Webster will all have to step up unless Clement tries to Lundstram there short term and re jig the midfield around.

In case of emergency Sterling can probably play there
Boy can play every other position so no reason he couldn't do a job there
So long one of Leon or Souttar is there to win the headers he should be fine

there is the possibility that the shambolic pre-season has left our players vulnerable to injuries
Pre season at any level is vital to injury prevention. The lads used to moan for the sheer volume of warm up and stretching work I made them do throughout the period but it paid dividends even at a decent amateur level

If we were hoping to sell him this summer, that’s just become a lot more difficult. I can’t see any clubs buying him now.

The problem here is we can't sell an injured player.
I don't think he was getting sold unfortunately Clement said last week he was a big part of his plans for next season and today he said he will be back for pre season. Him and Tav will be seeing off another manager

giphy.gif

Realising it’s Balogun & Souttar at best now, for rest of season.

The problem here is we can't sell an injured player.
Exactly. While some quickly saw an opportunity to absolve Goldson of recent catastrophes by maybe blaming his gaffs on an injury (which happens more or less every season anyway), others will rightly see the real issue being a possible inability to shift him.

Having to go with souttar and balogun as first choice centre backs isn’t ideal. Really isn’t when both have at least one big mistake in them per game.

Back