Goldson out for rest of season

Multiple posts deleted that are suggesting a Rangers player is feigning injury.
There are rules in here about "mindless abuse" of Rangers players. These baseless posts fall into that category. We get Goldson isn't popular with many. But there's a line not to cross. Debate his football ability all you like.
I don't like banning folk just because my name in here is now in red. But that's what will end up happening either from me or another Admin.
The abuse of our players has been way over the top and is worsening. I for one am glad that this rule is getting enforced.

It's a Rangers supporter forum, not a Rangers haters forum.

Glad this thread is not slagging Goldson and for those thinking Davies is cover forget it as he is most likely finished at Rangers

Possibly the case but ligaments can go at any time with a twist or bad turn.

I’m surprised they are saying he’ll be back for pre-season.
Did my right knee at the weekend, same thing. Medial ligament isn’t bad provided you don’t get complications it’s 6-8 weeks.
Hard thing will be keeping his fitness up and the weight off as there’s a lot of exercises he’ll need to skip.

According to Chris Jack

Torn Ligaments

Leaves us with 2 centre half's... and no doubt one of them will get injured before next week
And the other one just before the cup final…

Honestly never seen a season like this for injury - it’s quite unbelievable.

Clement looked completely sick of it when he was talking about it at the start of his press conference yesterday.

We've picked up more than our fair share of injuries when training.

Something's not right.

Could be overthinking, but research shows hybrid pitches have up to 4x greater risk of non-contact injury compared to grass and injuries being more severe.

I think we're the only team in the league with a hybrid in the stadium and a smaller replica at the training centre.

Celtic have a shit stadium hybrid that's been disease damaged for 4 years, but they don't have a replica to train on.

I hate what I'm about to say, but I just don't like the fact that he is the main centre half for us. I've seen him dragged out to the right back position too many times, out jumped for a header at the near post, absent from all the action in the box, sclaff a clearance into the net away in Moscow, countless questionable brushes off his hands... just really key errors that have mounted up and cost us. He never seems to be the defender involved in duels, that always falls to his partner. For me, he is a fundamental part of why we haven't won more trophies in the years he's been here.

I know this is a really harsh appraisal but I'm just fed up of these guys now. They're all going to be remembered for 55 but it's nowhere near enough.

I want a centre half that doesn't fall down hurt every other game, claiming he's been elbowed, when the play continues. One that plays to the whistle even when the offside looks a stick on. People say we'll not know what we have until it's gone a lot but I think in this instance we will be the opposite.

Could be overthinking, but research shows hybrid pitches have up to 4x greater risk of non-contact injury compared to grass and injuries being more severe.

I think we're the only team in the league with a hybrid in the stadium and a smaller replica at the training centre.

Celtic have a shit stadium hybrid that's been disease damaged for 4 years, but they don't have a replica to train on.
Where are you seeing this regarding hybrid pitches?

I had a look online and couldn’t find anything on it

It genuinely is so weird to see how utterly stupid people are sitting hinting they think there's some sort of cover up over a football player being injured.

It’s just bad luck. I feel for the big man, he’s had a drop in form and been absolutely crucified for it.

Now some who were demanding he be dropped are questioning his character because he has torn his knee ligaments. Mental!!

It’s just bad luck. I feel for the big man, he’s had a drop in form and been absolutely crucified for it.

Now some who were demanding he be dropped are questioning his character because he has torn his knee ligaments. Mental!!
They are the Paul Larkin of the Rangers support, twisted, bitter, wierdos.

Demanding he was dropped has turned into 'he'll be a huge miss'.

I'm beginning to think that's what it is. We've had more injuries in training than in games. Clement said they knew what was causing it but there was nothing they could do about it just now.

Its not just this season. It's been multiple seasons. It seems to be getting worse though.
I've heard from a friend of a friend in the know who once saw Morelos at an airport that someone has left a pet crocodile that couldn't get microchipped to go to Turkey. It's been abandoned to live wild near the training ground and it occasionally takes a nip out of the players legs. There's nobody around the place quick enough to defend anybody from it. It's owner was recently seen at an airport and is for sure coming back in the summer....hence why the problem will be solved then. It all adds up.

Where are you seeing this regarding hybrid pitches?

I had a look online and couldn’t find anything on it

Increased injury risk:

Longer impact:

Increased injury risk:

Longer impact:

Cheers.

It certainly makes for interesting reading, though it has to be noted these studies were done on Rugby rather than football, and in the 2nd one you linked, it’s all based on full astroturf v a combination of natural and hybrid.

You would think it would certainly warrant more studies on it

Back