Goodbye from Andy Firth

All the best to him.

Only played a few minutes but I remember Beale saying he was a crucial part of the dressing room during the 55 season thanks to his attitude and positivity. Trained just as hard as anyone despite knowing he was never going to play.

I think it's probably a wee bit unfair to him when folk speak about him as if he is just some guy off the street who was brought in like a competition winner. He has his coaching badges and obviously has some level of ability in goal albeit perhaps not Rangers levels of ability.

Last edited:
Can't help but envy his position at the club over the years and think of the memories he will take with him for the rest of his life.

Good luck to him

Good luck to the lad. A very good keeper, he'll do well for himself.

No Shagger or Firth makes the GK scenario interesting.

Just seems like an all round great guy.

Lived the dream.

It is very evident the respect he has for the club and Bell.

Good guy.

I wonder if he will team up with Beale at QPR, he thought highly of him,wish him all the best in whatever, wherever he goes, once a Ranger and all that..
He lived the dream
He's been involved with the coaching side of things more than anything while he was here, so maybe.

Yes, a guy who very quickly grasped how special it is to be a Rangers player. He will have been disappointed not to have played more but just being around our club seemed to mean a lot to him.

He came knowing he wouldn’t play and his job was purely to help prepare the other Keepers, he did that and a lot more, he goes with my best wishes for the future.

Absolutely, as others said Beale's comments after we won the league that he was the most underrated person in that whole dressing room, certainly seems to ring true with everyone.

Never complained, just done his job, and kicked every single ball from the stands with us all, right to Seville and Hampden.

Rare to find, someone that knew they'd rarely ever play, but wanted to be there anyway.

He came knowing he wouldn’t play and his job was purely to help prepare the other Keepers, he did that and a lot more, he goes with my best wishes for the future.
This. People that don't understand his role within the Club think he's just a cheerleader and they make snide comments. He had a job to do but was a massive character in the dressing room and was a very likeable guy.

Hope he gets a decent club; nice guy. Would have loved his job for the last few years - I might even have been able to do it!

All the best to him, I find it hard to have any ill feeling towards him like some do.

He lived the dream for 3 and a half years, he bought right into what it means to be at the club and by all accounts was a very popular person.
Theres folk that have ill feeling towards Andy Firth??
Some folk need to get out their house

Would have given both my testicles to have been in his place the last few years. Aw the best Andy. Once a bear always a bear

Never done and ounce wrong by us and flew the UB Flags after Leipzig. Wish this lad nothing but the best, hope he lands a GK coaching role somewhere and builds his way into the game.

He lived our dream. Seemed a very likeable guy around the squad and you could see how much the club now means to him. All the best Andy

emoción-wilfred-mott.gif

Wish him nothing but success even if he has probably been the weirdest signing in our entire history

He done his job and played a part in our re-build, title win, the countless European nights, Seville and the SC.

Someone had to do his job and I’d rather it be Andy Firth than some torn face bastard he sulked and collected a wage.

The only word I can use is Bizarre.

Everything about the guy has been bizarre.

Fair play to him, to me he’ll just be…..bizarre.

Back