Goodwillie

"12 numbskulls" ?

Do you think everyone that serves on a jury is a numbskull? I have served on a jury multiple times and people I have served with have not been "numbskulls" .
I was on jury service couple of months ago and for sure some of them were not very objective and clearly one or two were not very bright including at least two who just wanted to get finished. In saying that there were enough sensible people left to deliver the not proven verdict.

I was on jury service couple of months ago and for sure some of them were not very objective and clearly one or two were not very bright including at least two who just wanted to get finished. In saying that there were enough sensible people left to deliver the not proven verdict.

My wife was on dury duty in a case against a young guy who was accused of shaking his girlfriend's baby. I sat in the public gallery near the end of the case and heard the judge's summing up. The case adjourned for lunch and I spoke to the young guy outside the court. I told him he'd nothing to worry about as the judge quite clearly instructed the jurors to base their decision on the evidence and there appeared to be none.

My wife came home later that day and told me he'd been found guilty. She said the jurors were mostly thick as shit one even saying the young guy "looked guilty". He got 4 years.

Its important not to confuse the legal system and justice.

My wife was on dury duty in a case against a young guy who was accused of shaking his girlfriend's baby. I sat in the public gallery near the end of the case and heard the judge's summing up. The case adjourned for lunch and I spoke to the young guy outside the court. I told him he'd nothing to worry about as the judge quite clearly instructed the jurors to base their decision on the evidence and there appeared to be none.

My wife came home later that day and told me he'd been found guilty. She said the jurors were mostly thick as shit one even saying the young guy "looked guilty". He got 4 years.

Aye I've done jury duty on a sexual abuse case and some of the jurors were complete and utter moon units.

One woman said the guy must be guilty because a woman wouldn't make it all up and take it to court.

One guy, late 40s, thought he was a gangster and as there was some gangland trial going on in the next court he was preoccupied with trying to tell us the names and stories of all the characters involved.

Another older guy, late 60s/70s sat the full trial with his arms folded and eyes half closed. Didn't take a single note and tbh I dunno if he listened to a single word.

I don’t want to say the clubs are just as bad (comes across totally wrong) but they know what they are signing up for.

The best thing he should have done was just stay at Clyde as nobody was bothering

The local authority banned him from entering the stadium!

Reactions: TNT

Very similar happened to me. Very harrowing case last year held an EK cinema. Jury deliberations and level of understanding was farcical. Guy was found guilty and may well have been but the evidence definitely did not prove that in my book. One comment was that the defendant wore a face mask the whole time. This was at the height of lockdown ffs.

Very similar happened to me. Very harrowing case last year held an EK cinema. Jury deliberations and level of understanding was farcical. Guy was found guilty and may well have been but the evidence definitely did not prove that in my book. One comment was that the defendant wore a face mask the whole time. This was at the height of lockdown ffs.

Do they go out of their way to pick jurors that are clueless?

Aye I've done jury duty on a sexual abuse case and some of the jurors were complete and utter moon units.

One woman said the guy must be guilty because a woman wouldn't make it all up and take it to court.

One guy, late 40s, thought he was a gangster and as there was some gangland trial going on in the next court he was preoccupied with trying to tell us the names and stories of all the characters involved.

Another older guy, late 60s/70s sat the full trial with his arms folded and eyes half closed. Didn't take a single note and tbh I dunno if he listened to a single word.
70% of them probably resented being there in the first place and didnt give a toss either way if guilty or not.

I once got picked for jury duty and I do wonder about the state of our justice system if they're pulling folks like me up for duty. Getting called up for jury duty reminded me of the Groucho Marx quote-" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member".

Back