Got absolutely ripped r.e Boyd last night

Gascoigne

Official Ticketer
I was coming back from the game on the supporters bus and discussing striking options, and someone mentioned that we should try and sign Boyd (I know).

Same guy says he’s a better player than Morelos and to my shock, the majority of people start to agree with him, saying “he’s a legend, bring him back, etc”.

I mentioned his constant criticism of the club in the media, his abhorrent performances and his condition in his second spell, and the fact that he has taken up a mantle of a major Uncle Tom these days.

Then the guys on the bus started signing the Kris Boyd song, I honestly couldn’t believe it.

I know FF doesn’t always represent the greater support but it really shocked me that people genuinely want to sign this guy again.

I wouldn't sign him again but some of the abuse said about him is ridiculous, regardless of his opinions. For all his negative comments, many of which were shared on here in relation to Caxinha btw, he has many positives ones about the club. And he bought into the RST as well when trying to oust the spivs.

No fan base destroys their own players past or present like ours.

No one likes us, not even our own fans.

I was coming back from the game on the supporters bus and discussing striking options, and someone mentioned that we should try and sign Boyd (I know).

Same guy says he’s a better player than Morelos and to my shock, the majority of people start to agree with him, saying “he’s a legend, bring him back, etc”.

I mentioned his constant criticism of the club in the media, his abhorrent performances and his condition in his second spell, and the fact that he has taken up a mantle of a major Uncle Tom these days.

Then the guys on the bus started signing the Kris Boyd song, I honestly couldn’t believe it.

I know FF doesn’t always represent the greater support but it really shocked me that people genuinely want to sign this guy again.
I warned you not to join the Leverndale loyal.

You forget over the summer how clueless a fair chunk of our support is when there's not a huge amount of football to discuss.

I'm with you all the way, Boyd is a waste of space. He did well at Killie last season, but looking at his goals doesn't tell the full story. He's overweight, less mobile than ever and their team was setup to do all the work for Boyd so he could finish off the move. He literally contributed goals and nothing else. We need goals, and Morelos' ability to hold the ball up, win the ball back, and make a defenders day a total nightmare.

There's no doubt that we need a more clinical goal scorer, but there's no reality exists where Kris Boyd is the answer.

Jesus Christ. I know he needs to sort his finishing out but surely everyone can see what Morelos brings to the team..? He must be a nightmare to play against. One of our best players imo.

FF's new whipping boy in spite of being one of leagues top scorers last year. As you say he contributes so much more than that too...

Guys turned into a tadger, he was quick enough to label Rangers "the only club that lowballs everyone else", don't see him saying the same about ceptic lowballing hivs or fenerbahce lowballing us.

Second spell was ridiculous he was about 17 stone and done absolute zero for us.

Find a new bus mate.

I think this scenario didn't play out at all. Personally I think op was testing the waters on here to see how it would go down :rolleyes:

I think this scenario didn't play out at all. Personally I think op was testing the waters on here to see how it would go down :rolleyes:

See how what would go down? You can roll your eyes all you want mate, I really couldn’t care less, I’m not in the habit of making up stories for internet strangers.

A boyd in his prime would have had a hat trick last night. Boyd now? No thanks

A Boyd in his prime was rarely selected for Euro games or Celtic games. That's why in his entire time with us he scored one goal against the papes and that was a dead rubber at the end of the season. Walter just didnae trust him in a big game.

There is a sizeable element of our support who are oblivious to this kind of thing.

Bring back Boyd, Naismith, Miller, etc etc.

Like a domestic abuse victim going back their partner over and over.

I actually said leaving the ground last night we need Boyd from his first spell. Absolutely no chance now but the Kris Boyd from his first spell would score for fun in this team.

A Boyd in his prime was rarely selected for Euro games or Celtic games. That's why in his entire time with us he scored one goal against the papes and that was a dead rubber at the end of the season. Walter just didnae trust him in a big game.
Totally agree with this. I struggle to recall absolutely vital goals (Lovenkrands, Edu, Nacho, McCoist, Hately yes, Boyd not so much though there must be plenty).

Sorry to hijack the thread but did the Paisley Tea Gardens bus arrive to pick them up ? We left late and drove by with a lot of worried bears standing outside.

Car was full or would have offered a lift ?

PS Boyd was atrocious second time round.

I take it this was a school trip you were running? :D

See how what would go down? You can roll your eyes all you want mate, I really couldn’t care less, I’m not in the habit of making up stories for internet strangers.
Mate c.t.f.d :) you need to take things with a pinch of salt. It's the internet and honestly was a bit of ribbing.

There was a discussion on my bus last night about Boyd.

It was agreed that he did score a load of goals for us but that he was an absolute lady's front bottom.

Everyone agreed on that apart from his uncle!!! :D To be fair his uncle was only sticking up for him and not telling us we should resign him or anything.

I'm guessing you we are not talking about the same bus? NVL?

Jesus Christ. I know he needs to sort his finishing out but surely everyone can see what Morelos brings to the team..? He must be a nightmare to play against. One of our best players imo.
Not many goals thats for sure.Far too many missed chances

Or the national squad.

Compare and contrast with Super's records against the soap dodgers and for the national team.

He's supposed to bring goals to our team and he isn't. He's supposed to be a striker and that is the main purpose of his presence in the side, not holding up play, bringing others in to the game, annoying opposition defenders and so on, but scoring goals. I'm prepared to give him a wee bit more time to sharpen his striking skills but can see why others are getting frustrated with him.

They must have been drinking magic mushroom bovril at half time to be coming out with that shite talk.

Back