Gravenbirch and Timber, 19 & 20, starring for Ajax tonight?

You have to be good enough first and foremost, The Fergusons/Durrant and Patterson certainly were/are and Gilmour if he had stayed also.
Who else have we produced that has went on to smash it at the top of the game?

There is no simple solution but one necessary step would be aligning the implementation of the laws of the game with those played in most of Europe. Initially, that means significantly stricter refereeing to eliminate the caveman tactics deployed in Scotland. England largely did this over the last 20 years and it led to a lot of red cards until the message got through and players at youth level had the thuggery coached out of them because the way the game was officiated had changed. I honestly think Scotland's referees allow the type of physical approach outlawed almost everywhere over 2 decades ago. Until that changes we won't see much improvements in opportunities for younger players.

It’s criminal if they don’t adopt Pitbull featuring Ke$ha to get a song out of that, it’s destiny how well those names mesh with the line “I’m going down I’m yelling timber” for that reason alone both need game time.

Britain, not just scotland don't really produce many technically gifted players, if we do, it soon gets lost.
Very true. I remember playing Motherwell a couple of years ago and thinking who’s this guy in centre mid, he’s fantastic on the ball, it sticks to his feet. Must be this Turnbull guy they keep going on about. Turns out it was a Spaniard, Gorrin. Mystery solved.

People go on about grass roots, training, weather etc.

I think as a culture managers in Britain simply don’t give the players a “chance” for want of a better phrase.

Goldson, Katic, Edmundson, Helander and Balogun were all at the club before we bought yet another centre back in Simpson.

Your 6th centre back should never ever be brought in on transfer.

That’s what your up against.

Paterson is arguably the stand out youth player in Scotland and he is meant to be thankful for the odd game every 2 months. It’s mental.
This, all day long.

England produce plenty.

We still see Stephen O’Donnell as an automatic pick.
The england players look the part in their club teams, but the scotland england game proved to me that put them together and it's not so good.

The lack of technical ability was there for all to see in that game, where as the Czechs and Croats, seen us off easily.

Pitches are still closed/locked up all over Scotland, and the ones that are available people get charged a fortune to play on. That's where it starts.

Back