Great gesture from Motherwell - Free 21/22 season tickets for those who bought one for 20/21

If you want your club to do as Motherwell have done, then support Motherwell!!. You get what you pay for in football as you do in life!

For Rangers to do the same thing would mean one of two things. More money from directors who have been more than generous in their funding to date or sell a lot of players to make up the gap and possibly / probably see the departure of the management team as a result. Having just got back to where we should be it would be suicidal
I doubt any season ticket holder wants this.

Don’t forget though, for a lot of folk, MyGers is an extra expense for something they previously got on a season ticket at no extra charge (priority for semis and finals) beyond that you have the away scheme of course which I don’t know a lot about in terms of previous charges compared to MyGers. What else of substance has MyGers provided? Or will it provide?
Webinars etc are good, even though a lot of them were adverts for gin :)
I didn’t invent MyGers :)
I am not a big fan of it.
I joined to try and continue to secure away tickets and European away tickets.
It does however bring extra revenue into the club which is primarily set up.

Interesting idea and nice to see some thinking outside of the box.

I think Motherwell are run quite nicely and this will only add to the strong bond between them and their supporters. Many clubs would do well to take note.

Solid Coach in place and scope to make a lot of player upgrades in the Summer. Theyll be interesting opponents next season.

I didn’t invent MyGers :)
I am not a big fan of it.
I joined to try and continue to secure away tickets and European away tickets.
It does however bring extra revenue into the club which is primarily set up.
I dunno.... you seem to be very informed on it....

Might need your username changed on here to “MyGers creator - Blue As

I dunno.... you seem to be very informed on it....

Might need your username changed on here to “MyGers creator - Blue As
I am no more informed on it than anyone else who cares read emails :)
Not a massive fan of the scheme to date,but we need to wait and see how it all develops over the next few seasons.
The most important thing is that it brought money into the club.

Last edited:
Great gesture by them.

Just my opinion but I wouldn’t want our club to go down this route. We all knew what we were signing up for with ST and did it to continue to support the club.

I would much rather the club continued to invest in the team for more success on the pitch

fair play to them that is a great gesture.

Don't expect us to do the same however there should be something to mark the generosity of the fans who took out a season ticket this season - for example the champions wall could have been a thank you to this years season ticket holders rather than having to pay £45 for it.
Tavernier lifting the trophy this Saturday. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Because, and I'm getting my tin hat on here, we are merely customers, and any opportunity to milk is for money will be taken.

We may see ourselves as fans with a deeper connection to the club, but that just makes us all the more gullible and easier to fleece. The £7.50 bar of chocolate is a perfect example for me.
You don't have to buy it but can if you want?

whatever way you look at it - whether its 3000 / 4000 / 4500 its a good gesture which they didn't have to do (vast majority of clubs wont / cant afford to do it)

what does a season ticket at Motherwell cost £300 ish on average? its going to "cost" them about £1m give or take.

as for people bringing / questioning My Gers maybe i am alone in my belief but i considered it a £60 donation (£40 for me and £20 for step son) the other option was maintain the status quo as before but bump up the price of the season ticket by £60 - at least this way it is optional for those who don't / can't.

Back