Greg Aitken another incompetent official

I dont buy this scared crap posted on here, they are cheats. Whatever the reason for their cheating is just people guessing and giving excuses 'windows', 'scared' etc it's simply cheating.

Beaton, for one, is clearly terrified of them, mate. We need a clearout of refs in the SPFL. It is beyond embarrassing now what's happening.

Losing 3 goals to Aberdeen shows they are not that special and those decisions that weren’t given is making me think something will have to be done by the club or we could be cheated out of winning anything. So many decisions have gone against us this year and any decision we get is openly challenged. I feel increasingly not at home in Scotland

Is this fool meant to be one of only two full time VAR officials ?

Kinda sums up Scottish football, the worst of the worst,

These guys are getting paid £thousands to watch games on a tv in slow motion and still can’t get it right.

The foul on Johnston is something that you'll see given sometimes and then ignored others. Convenient for Robertson to give it when he didn't blow for it immediately and knows he would have to make a decision on the penalty claim.

As for the penalty shout. What is the actual rule on this? West Ham vs Newcastle and Livingston vs Celtic both had incidents like this recently and one was given as a penalty and the other wasn't. For me it shouldn't be a penalty, the attacking player has just thrown a leg in at the last second with no genuine attempt to play or shield the ball from the defender attempting to clear it, but i'm not Michael Stewart and think the rules of the sport are what i think they should be, so i have no idea if it's actually a penalty or not by the rules.

Said in the the other thread, if the ref gives a free kick, VAR can't intervene, but VAR checked the penalty anyway, which for me means the ref never gave the free kick initially, which then means that VAR have went back and checked the attacking phase of play, which I don't think they can do for a penalty, only for offside in build up. Or the ref has totally fucked it and VAR have covered his arse. The audio needs to be released to at least Aberdeen, but ideally publicly

Isn't it the same scenario as Roofes disallowed goal V them and our other 1 against Dortmund?
No, for 2 reasons.

1. He gives a foul to Johnstone, not Carter vickers. However, he only gives Johnstone the foul once he realises he needs to give a penalty.

2. It's only a foul against the attacker if the defender is deemed to be in control of the ball and in the act of kicking it. Carter Vickers is never in control of the ball.

Comical officiating.

The foul on Johnston is something that you'll see given sometimes and then ignored others. Convenient for Robertson to give it when he didn't blow for it immediately and knows he would have to make a decision on the penalty claim.

As for the penalty shout. What is the actual rule on this? West Ham vs Newcastle and Livingston vs Celtic both had incidents like this recently and one was given as a penalty and the other wasn't. For me it shouldn't be a penalty, the attacking player has just thrown a leg in at the last second with no genuine attempt to play or shield the ball from the defender attempting to clear it, but i'm not Michael Stewart and think the rules of the sport are what i think it should be, so i have no idea if it's actually a penalty or not by the rules.
The forward throw his leg in to rifle a shot from 6 yards out mate :)) and got hacked from behind. Your take is wilder than Robertson and Aitken

Its a guarantee that when a goal or a penalty is given against Celtc, then VAR is trawled to look for a foul to disallow it. It is cast-iron cheating. What chance do other teams have. ?
Var didn't give the free kick though it was Robertson question is why he waited so long to give the free kick it's almost like he is waiting to use it as an excuse if there is a celtic foul in the box which there was

Var didn't give the free kick though it was Robertson question is why he waited so long to give the free kick it's almost like he is waiting to use it as an excuse if there is a celtic foul in the box which there was

Robertson was talking to VAR on his headset, mate. Maybe Robertson already made up his mind to disallow the penalty himself. That rat basket Johnston also went down holding his face in the incident, just like he did when Morelos scored at the piggery, to get that goal disallowed. The cheating is now off the scale.

That pen incident is madness - the cross came in and Don the cheat doesn’t blow right away for a foul - why would he let it go in if no advantage for Celtic if he thought it was a foul ? Pure cheating
Exactly that. You only let a foul go if theres an advantage. They dont get 1. Then when he realises its a penalty he shits it and gives them a penalty.

And because hes gave a "foul" for the 1st incident VAR cant overule to give a penalty.

Cheating in plain sight.

Beaton, for one, is clearly terrified of them, mate. We need a clearout of refs in the SPFL. It is beyond embarrassing now what's happening.
This is why he is

Celtic fan in ref John Beaton WhatsApp group 'Orange b*****d' abuse after Rangers win​

A Celtic fan caused a top Scottish referee to be bombarded with bigoted abuse after the official came in for criticism following an Old Firm clash.

Kevin Cushnahan added John Beaton's number to a Celtic supporters' WhatsApp group he'd set up, after Beaton caused controversy with his handling of the Rangers v Celtic game at Ibrox in December.

Beaton, 36, was slated by fans and pundits for opting not to send Gers striker Alfredo Morelos off over three contentious clashes with other players.

And during the post-match fallout, Beaton's work mobile number was leaked online - prompting him to receive hate-filled messages from countless fans.

Cushnahan, 41, added hthe number to a group chat he runs, called The Emerald Wine Crew, where he and other Celtic season ticket holders make arrangements for going to games.
They then bombarded Beaton with a barrage of abuse, before Cushnahan branded him "an Orange b******" and kicked him out the chat group.

The details emerged when Cushnahan appeared in the dock at Greenock Sheriff Court for a pre-trial hearing.

Procurator Fiscal Depute Pamela Brady explained: "On December 29, 2018, the complainer, John Beaton, was a Grade One Referee at a Rangers v Celtic football match taking place at Ibrox Park in Glasgow .

"There was some controversy on some decisions and Mr Beaton was the subject of criticism."

She said Beaton had been criticised both online and in print by professionals and fans and that, on January 4, he began receiving texts and phone calls filled with abuse from numbers he didn't know - leading him to realise "his work mobile phone had been compromised."

Around 7.30pm on Friday, January 4, this year, Cushnahan added Mr Beaton to the group.

Other users in the group began hounding Beaton, before Cushnahan posted: "Right, Beaton, you can f*** off now ya Orange b******."
Mrs Brady, prosecuting, added: "He was subject to a barrage of sectarian hate comments by other users but this particular chapter of abuse was attributable to Kevin Cushnahan."

Beaton contacted police over the abuse and Cushnahan, a married dad-of-two, was arrested and charged, admitting his guilt to police.

When Cushnahan appeared in the dock he pleaded guilty to breaking Section 127(1)(a) of the Communications Act 2003, in an offence that was "aggravated by religious prejudice" - as per Section 74 of the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2003.

Defence solicitor Eddie Sweeney said Cushnahan had been drunk on the evening in question and had added Beaton to the chat after being asked to by another member, as he was the only one who could add or remove people, and thought it was "banter."

The lawyer said: "There were some lighthearted comments but some of it was beyond the pale.

"Mr Cushnahan was uncomfortable with the unsavory aspects of the participation and he decided to remove this individual from the group because he was concerned about the tenor.

"His last action before doing this was to post the comment your Lordship has heard about.

"He is suitably regretful and remorseful.

"This took 15 seconds to create but the legacy he will have to live with.

"He does not consider himself a bigot - he has friends on both sides of the divide."

Sheriff John Hamilton then blasted sectarianism in Scotland - and slammed Cushnahan for his conduct.

He said: "It is a cancer. It's a source of national disgrace that we have two clubs who have part of their supporters who seem to revel in perpetuating sectarian abuse.

"I have defended and prosecuted people who have been murdered in the West of Scotland due to actions following Old Firm games.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. It's pathetic."

He then asked Cushnahan, of Gourock, Inverclyde, how much a Celtic season ticket was and, when told it was £550, fined him that amount, adding: "That is a condign punishment."

Rangers won the December fixture 1-0 thanks to a 30th-minute strike from midfielder Ryan Jack.

Beaton came in for controversy over his role in the game after he allowed Light Blues striker Morelos to escape punishment over three separate incidents.

Beaton also had to deal with another two Celtic fans who made threats and subjected him to sectarian abuse.

Plug has a habit of over playing a foul in the box a slight nudge from Morelos he hits the deck and Fr Clancy happy to oblige so why did Dhon not blow instantly?
As for Scales handball he gains an advantage so is a pen. As blatant as Plug last December.

Why is he holding his leg? Was a coming together in the air!

Robertson was talking to VAR on his headset, mate. Maybe Robertson already made up his mind to disallow the penalty himself. That rat basket Johnston also went down holding his face in the incident, just like he did when Morelos scored at the piggery, to get that goal disallowed. The cheating is now off the scale
I take it Premier sports don't have access to the var chat like sky none of them knew what the free kick was for even Michael Stewart said it was a stonewaller

Was Aitken removed from refereeing because he was scared to give decisions ?

If so if he couldn’t get it right on the field why did anyone think he would be better watching on a tv screen.

2 cup games at Hampden and he has sh@t the bed, no surprise on both occasions not to even ask the referee to have another look., at blatant penalties

He’s not a beggar, he’s definitely a killie fan - but he admits he’s absolutely terrified of them and hassle you get when you give a big decision against them.

Should no longer be officiating.

Sorry wait you know for a fact he has stated he is terrified of them and the hassle when you give a big decision against them?

Its clear that refs have no problem throwing their weight around and showboating against every other team in the SPFL, apart from one. It is embarrassing to watch, tbh.

Really bizarre refereeing. There was no foul in the build-up (and why did he wait for so long to award the free kick)? Remember he didn't give anything for the "challenge" by Maeda on Cantwell in the first Old Firm of the season which was significantly worse.

The one vickers kicks the sheep on the back of the leg. Has to be seen to be believed. Anywhere else on the park it’s a foul.
Defo a penalty.
Typical of VAR to go back looking for a reason not to give it.
Would make you sick the difference in refereeing.

We've seen that type of incident loads. Twice involving Rangers players. The rules are that isn't a foul. The Aberdeen player wasn't getting the ball, and put his foot in to initiate contact.

Incredible that we are still talking about these calls after 3 years of seeing them.
If the rules say that isn’t a foul, it was given against us with Dessers.

The one vickers kicks the sheep on the back of the leg. Has to be seen to be believed. Anywhere else on the park it’s a foul.
Not true tbh , the same foul was committed on dessers first Celtic game this this season , advantage played Rangers score var gives foul to Celtic

They have re written the rule book in this country in order to justify that Dessers incident at the start of the season.

In no place else on earth are those two incidents fouls on Celtic players.

Don Robertson should be getting the Beaton treatment this week, but he won’t, he’ll probably get the final.

He never points for a penalty he points at the player on the ground for a foul , can't say I seen enough on the supposed foul , Johnstone has previous for pretending for a foul with his non existent shove from Morelos.

The forward throw his leg in to rifle a shot from 6 yards out mate :)) and got hacked from behind. Your take is wilder than Robertson and Aitken
Not saying you're wrong on if it should be a penalty mate but i do disagree with you that he's trying to rifle a shot. One of his knees is on the pitch and his other leg is stretched out before there's even contact, his body is also moving away from goal as he does this. He's never getting a shot off there.

Not in the box but i feel like we have had a couple of similar decisions like this go against us. Dortmund at Ibrox and the first Old Firm game this season, where it's someone "in the act" of playing the ball and someone gets their body or leg in front of them without playing the ball first. Both times var chopped the goals off. The counter to that would be the penalty Newcastle got against West Ham a few weeks ago where Gordon just throws his leg in front of Phillips at the last second without any attempt whatsoever to play the ball, earns a penalty and var sides with the referee. If we had a penalty given against us for that, i would be fuming.

We've seen that type of incident loads. Twice involving Rangers players. The rules are that isn't a foul. The Aberdeen player wasn't getting the ball, and put his foot in to initiate contact.

Incredible that we are still talking about these calls after 3 years of seeing them.
Bollox what ones are similar it’s a stonewall pen

As has been said the important part is carter Vickers isn't in control of the ball it's a loose ball last touched be Aberdeen player. The ball is open for anyone to challenge for.

As clear a penalty as you'll see
No touch on Vickers
He kicks Hoillet

He even.knew himself, hands on his head thinking hes blown it

Back