Greg docherty

I’d actually forgotten about him. I’m disappointed he hasn’t featured after being in the squad the first couple of weeks of the season. Similarly, where’s King?

This place is getting more mental by the day; Docherty was given a chance and didn't take it. If he started to play the knives would be out for the manager as soon as we drew a game.

This place is getting more mental by the day; Docherty was given a chance and didn't take it. If he started to play the knives would be out for the manager as soon as we drew a game.
I'm not sure what's mental about it? Hes not had not had much of a chance and deserves a chance based on arfields showing.

We need somebody from our midfield to drive forward with the ball and docherty offers that so I wouldn’t be against him getting a chance.

That's exactly what we require. I mentioned it in the match thread. Davis did it once for the goal, drove forward and had a shot that the keeper parried for Defoe to pounce on. Far too often we try and go down the flanks and it comes to nothing.

We had one interchange at the start of the second half, which resulted in a chance for Aribo, that he shot wide from.

I would love to see us have someone driving forward from a central position. Aribo is playing far too deep at the moment, he could be capable of doing it.

I don’t thinn Arfield is going to play his way out of this slump in form. He needs a good three weeks’ rest and start again in the New Year

He's had nearly 2 years to show what he can do and is nowhere near getting in the team. I think that kind of shows management don't feel he is good enough.

What chance was he given again ?
The cup game (East Fifie???), and he was pretty hopeless.

I'd be delighted if he turned out to be a vital player for us, but the signs so far are that it's not going to happen.

Honestly forgot all about him. Had high expectations but sadly must not be cutting it in training

Players only deserve a chance if they’ve shown better than others in their position during training.

You have to assume Docherty hasn’t, otherwise we’re back to arguing that the manager is deliberately overlooking better options.
Arfield must be the training world champion then.

I'd like to see King get a run out. Aribo is a very talented player, but he needs managed just now. Arfield needs a wee bit of luck. He's linking play well enough, just havung a bit of an off period atm. I'd stick with him.

I'm not sure what's mental about it? Hes not had not had much of a chance and deserves a chance based on arfields showing.

he gets a chance in training to impress the same as everyone else

A character in the dressing room maybe

Perhaps. I think there’s also maybe a belief from the manager that at his best Arfield can hit the heights in a way Docherty probably never will. He’s proven himself to be a big game player; Docherty struggled to impose himself against East Fife.

I’ve said it before but our options really aren’t as stellar as we’d like.

I think this plays its part in Arfield continuing to be picked despite under performing.

He had a very good season in the same league as world beater Aribo. He's worth being in the squad in a misfiring midfield imho

I can see both arguments here.

I’ll trust the gaffer and his teams judgement. But then they also need to think how to improve things

Back