Greg Stewart

I like him he’s a very skilful and clever player.
It must be frustrating for him that he’s not used more as a sub especially when Barker and Ojo haven’t been that great recently.

Whenever he plays he seems to score. I feel sorry for him that the likes of Ojo gets far more game time when he hasn't did anything of note since September.

It’s never good news (for Greg himself) when he scores..... it’s normally followed up with being missing from any match action for a few weeks.

I’m surprised that we’ve not seen more of him. Rather than Ojo and to a lesser extent Barker.

Must be very high at least over the last few games he's played. Let me know if you look into it( I'm a lazy bastard)

Done the math when I was bored and had a chance today.

If you include european games and league Cup games, but not friendlies, he's played 555 minutes and scored 3 goals. So a goal every 185 minutes. I don't think this stat does him justice as much of that is made up of 12 minutes or so here and there.

Add in friendlies and he's scored 6 goals in 660 minutes, meaning he's averaging a goal every 110 minutes, which isn't far off the mighty Edouard, though stats can mean what you want and its up to you if friendlies are relevant.

Done the math when I was bored and had a chance today.

If you include european games and league Cup games, but not friendlies, he's played 555 minutes and scored 3 goals. So a goal every 185 minutes. I don't think this stat does him justice as much of that is made up of 12 minutes or so here and there.

Add in friendlies and he's scored 6 goals in 660 minutes, meaning he's averaging a goal every 110 minutes, which isn't far off the mighty Edouard, though stats can mean what you want and its up to you if friendlies are relevant.
To be fair, Defoe's includes 12 mins here and there aswell.

Actually kinda surprised it's so 'low' (It's still good - roughly a goal every 2 games as a winger, just lower than I expected). Honestly feels like whenever he plays he goes and scores once or twice, but clearly that's not true. Definitely feels that way though.

Regardless of those stats though I do still believe he deserves a run of games and it would be better if he did IMO, but maybe those stats are why he doesn't feature as much as we we all ask.

Last edited:
Will never work out why Barker came on over Stewart when he had come on and scored the previous week.
I get what you're saying but bar incompetent and bigoted decisions from officials we should have been bringing on defensive subs a la Edmundson on the 29th. I'm sure Gerrard will have learned from it and since then he's proved he has, it's a tough one to suffer when managers need to learn from on the job mistakes especially against the filth but I'm sure we all back him

The only slight criticism of the management I have had this season is their use of subs. Trying to shoehorn players like Barker who aren't good enough into the system rather than adapting it to suit the players we have like Stewart. No wat should Barker be playing ahead of him.

In keeping with most people on here I agree that he is a very good player and more game time would be beneficial to both him and the club.

He might not be blessed with pace, but he has a really sharp mind and can see passes that a lot of other players don’t.

His through ball to Defoe where he lobbed the keeper at home to Hamilton was weighted to perfection, and from a first time pass.

I’m sure he will get more opportunities as the season progresses. He just has to be patient and keep the effort up at training.

The most underused player in our squad, how the likes of Barker and Ojo have been ahead of him in the pecking order is something I’m struggling to get my head around.
I don't know why Barker or Ojo play ahead of Flanno. Oh wait, they play a different position. Much like Stewart who was rubbish for the Sheep out wide.

Keep working at it Greg, keep the head up. I am sure you will have an important role to play in our hunt for the title.

I don't know why Barker or Ojo play ahead of Flanno. Oh wait, they play a different position. Much like Stewart who was rubbish for the Sheep out wide.
Seems weird that he’s played in the same position as them whenever called upon then. He’s done alright there so far, but I do agree with you and thing he would be better playing behind the striker and not being shoved out wide.

Back