Group A Betting

Wazza

Liverpool 1/3
Ajax 7/1
Napoli 7/1
Rangers 14/1

Or there or thereabouts depending where you look.

I’ve only seen 4/1 to qualify with 365.

Was gonna ask(when i seen it was excellent draw) wazza whats the odds ?:)

I wouldnt say 14 is a great price but its not bad and worth small interest.

We should fancy ourselves against any Italian club any time its a league 3/4 full of teams of spfl level. Ajax probably sold their best players and made a lot of changes, beating PSV does not mean a great deal right enough but we take confidence from doing it... Liverpool are obv a great side but have started the season quite poorly of all the top teams that was he best side to draw as Scotland v England is often close and also Andrew Robertson will 100 per cent have a mare at Ibrox, possibly in both games.

4/1 is better odds to get through but again the bookies are tight as feck, no wonder they loaded.

I dont think we could have picked a better group for excitement but most importantly sides we have a genuine chance against.

We should fancy ourselves against any Italian club any time its a league 3/4 full of teams of spfl level. Ajax probably sold their best players and made a lot of changes, beating PSV does not mean a great deal right enough but we take confidence from doing it... Liverpool are obv a great side but have started the season quite poorly of all the top teams that was he best side to draw as Scotland v England is often close and also Andrew Robertson will 100 per cent have a mare at Ibrox, possibly in both games.

4/1 is better odds to get through but again the bookies are tight as feck, no wonder they loaded.

I dont think we could have picked a better group for excitement but most importantly sides we have a genuine chance against.
Serie A is 3/4 full of SPL level sides?

:))

After watching Liverpool at Craven Cottage and Old Trafford, along with seeing Ajax getting demolished by PSV, there's no reason why we can't have a real chance of winning all our home games.

We do that and we're qualifying.

I think that's a realistic target for us.
It should absolutely be the aim particularly given our record at Ibrox. 6 wins and 2 draws since our last defeat bodes very well.

After watching Liverpool at Craven Cottage and Old Trafford, along with seeing Ajax getting demolished by PSV, there's no reason why we can't have a real chance of winning all our home games.

Ajax since cup game , are 3 played 3 won top of table , Napoli 2 games 2 wins top of the table , Napoli have sold several big names and brought in 9 players but are flying atm .

We have a realistic chance of second. Don't see why we can't take points from Ajax and Napoli, Liverpool's defending on par with us at times as well. I'm hopeful, but of course it will be tough.

Third would be a great achievement. Real chance we could get a paddling or two and a lot will depend on how we react to that if it happens. Just need to look at results in recent years such Bayern v Salzburg and Sporting v City to see what elite clubs can do.

Ajax since cup game , are 3 played 3 won top of table , Napoli 2 games 2 wins top of the table , Napoli have sold several big names and brought in 9 players but are flying atm .

All true mate, but neither of them have played any of those games against a team of our quality, or at a venue that's remotely close to a fortress the way Ibrox is

Napoli have played Monza and Verona ffs. Ajax have played two of the weaker teams.
Not saying that’s not good but remember leagues have only just started.

Third would be a great achievement. Real chance we could get a paddling or two and a lot will depend on how we react to that if it happens. Just need to look at results in recent years such Bayern v Salzburg and Sporting v City to see what elite clubs can do.
Maybe Rangers are an elite club what does that even mean and who decides which clubs are "elite" they 2 fuds on skys Monday Night football ?

I think Liverpool will win the group quite easily. I know they've had a poor start to the league season, but as players return from injury and Darwin from suspension, I think they'll improve quickly.

I don't watch much Italian football, but Napoli's recent record in Europe isn't exactly frightening. Two consecutive R32 finishes in the last two Europa Leagues.

Realistically, I think we'll need to win our home games against both Napoli and Ajax to finish 3rd. We would probably need to get something from Liverpool at home, or in Amsterdam and Naples to get through to the R16.

Maybe Rangers are an elite club what does that even mean and who decides which clubs are "elite" they 2 fuds on skys Monday Night football ?
I think most people recognise what the term means to be honest. It's not a measure of anything other than wealth really and you'd be a fool not to think that has a real bearing on results at this level.

We're as big a club as any but we're up against clubs with multiple times our budget. Will make it all the more enjoyable if we get some wins.

I had to laugh at the odds before we even qualified for the group stages - we were 300-1 to win the CL... Celtc, already in the pot were 1000-1.

It’s a group where all teams have the ability to take points off each other.

If Liverpool hit top form they should run away with it, but I’ve got a feeling they are in for a poorer season by their standards.

Like 05/06, as the group could be very competitive a relatively low points total could be enough to go through.

You okay mate??

I had to laugh at the odds before we even qualified for the group stages - we were 300-1 to win the CL... Celtc, already in the pot were 1000-1.
I seen that on here and when I checked skybet it was a lot of shite, I can't remember the exact odds but they were around 250s for outright winners. Don't know why we need to make stuff like this up.

Totally.

Folk outwith us seem to think coming to Ibrox is a walk in the park and we carry luck. We do to an extent but every team does.

Liverpool are immense when they play but I haven't saw that from them this season so far (charity shield apart).

The team dynamics we have and the fight and determination seems to be missed. We will have off nights USG showed that but we have pulled up the socks since then.

2nd is possible, 3rd would be acceptable too.

I'd bite the hand off you for 3rd place right now.

I seen that on here and when I checked skybet it was a lot of shite, I can't remember the exact odds but they were around 250s for outright winners. Don't know why we need to make stuff like this up.
fair enough - I'm not a gambler and very rare I look at odds - it was a screenshot someone had posted but you can do anything with the right software.

I think most people recognise what the term means to be honest. It's not a measure of anything other than wealth really and you'd be a fool not to think that has a real bearing on results at this level.

We're as big a club as any but we're up against clubs with multiple times our budget. Will make it all the more enjoyable if we get some wins.
Fair enough, but are Ajax elite i dont think they spent much, could Newcastle become elite and are Man Utd no longer elite ?

If a club like Rangers won the CL do we join the elite ?

Its confusing and i dont agree with this idea Gary Neville should have the final say on everything.

Im delighted we are playing Liverpool though their forwards are special but they have some quite average players in their starting line up, at the moment anyway. possibly theres a few out. It certainly will be mate to beat them at Ibrox would be sensational i do think we will.

I reckon we’ll get 7 points, which will be enough for 3rd spot.
I’d take that all day long. I think it will be somewhere between 4 and 7 points we will get. I still feel Bassey, Aribo and a fit Morelos are big losses, and we haven’t shown a good run of form yet.

Hills had us 250/1 them 500/1 yesterday.

Really should be about 1000/1 tbh :))

With Napoli having lost there captain/vice captain and top goal scorer we have to be evenly matched add to that Ajax have lost a number of there key players 4/1 to qualify got to be a decent bet.

I think Liverpool will come good and win the group. However I definitely think we’ve got a chance in finishing second.

You remain the most optimistic poster on FF.

An admirable trait.

Fair enough, but are Ajax elite i dont think they spent much, could Newcastle become elite and are Man Utd no longer elite ?

If a club like Rangers won the CL do we join the elite ?

Its confusing and i dont agree with this idea Gary Neville should have the final say on everything.

Im delighted we are playing Liverpool though their forwards are special but they have some quite average players in their starting line up, at the moment anyway. possibly theres a few out. It certainly will be mate to beat them at Ibrox would be sensational i do think we will.
Not sure what it's got to do with Gary Neville to be honest mate.

Ajax have spent almost £100m on players this summer so far, Napoli £90m. Oddly, Liverpool have spent less than both of them.

Elite is maybe a wanky term in fairness. Maybe 'rich' would be better.

Optimism mate, along with a pair of eyes that have seen us pish all over Dortmund, Leipzig, Braga, Porto, Red Star and many others.
I am sure the same pair of eyes have watched us serve up ladels of shite too.

Focussing on the positives though.

As I said, admirable. :)

We’ve beaten PSV and Dortmund away. If we set up the right way then the space on the counter can be exploited.

Especially if we bring in another player or two plus Morelos comes back fighting fit.

Wasn’t sure how far Shahktar had fallen if at all because of the war , difficulty playing games etc but 365 have them at 50/1 to win their group. Basically bookies saying scum a shoo in for at worst third. Hope that’s way off.
Pretty confident if we play as we can we’ll get third in the group and have a run in the Europa again.

Back