Guaranteed players for next season?

Mitch17

Official Ticketer
Looking at who Gio’s going to be building around next year, seems there’s almost half a team required.

Goldson gone this summer, Aribo, Kent, Morelos all out of contract next summer… then with McGregor/Davis/Balogun out of contract too that’s half a team of regular starters in doubt.

Then got squad players like Sakala, Wright, mixed with youngsters, potentially need 5/6 new faces who are starters. Plus need to get rid of rejects like Itten/Simpson. Massive job for Gio.

New keeper
Tav
Bassey
Souttar/King/Helander (all carry doubts)
Barisic - Is he reliable enough to have first choice?

Lundstram
Jack/Kamara

Then a full front 4 required essentially if indeed Kent/Aribo/Morelos don’t sign new deals. Some options there with Roofe/Hagi/Lowry but lots of incomings surely.

Aribo Kent and Morelos are still under contract. You cannot just say they will be away. If no offers come in that match our valuation they will still be here.

We surely can’t allow 3 of our biggest assets to go for free next year? And as for the 4-2-4 we’ve been playing 4-2-3-1 for months now

I disagree, and I'm confident the majority of our support also disagree.
We need a new keeper.
We have other positions far more important to fill and we have 3 very good players already on our books if we offer McGreggor an extension. McLauchlin is a good number one and I’d far rather stick with that than risk a Barkas.

Not sure why Borna gets so much abuse. Its only until he leaves we'll realise how much he has to offer. IMO we do not need to spend any cash on the defence. Would rather use it to offer Goldson a new deal and keep Bassey at the club. Striker and winger is needed

Not sure why Borna gets so much abuse. Its only until he leaves we'll realise how much he has to offer. IMO we do not need to spend any cash on the defence. Would rather use it to offer Goldson a new deal and keep Bassey at the club. Striker and winger is needed
As much as goldson has had a good few years with us his ability to be at fault for some crucial goals is quite something and it happened again on Wednesday. He is very replaceable

He did have a bad start to the season.

He did an interview with 4lads just before the final where he implied he had some stuff happening that people didn’t know about, so either he’s had some sort of injury or some personal problems, probably back home in Croatia.

Since he came back into the team post Parkhead he has been excellent in the main and him and Bassey have built an excellent partnership together on the left. I don’t think it’s a massive problem to fix in the summer as we can just shift Bassey out there if needed, I’d rather we focused on getting a third striker and a proper right winger

Think with Souttar coming in if we also bring the big Dutch boy in for a free then the defence is fine. I’d also offer Balogun another year then focus the spending on the attack/renewing contracts.

Think with Souttar coming in if we also bring the big Dutch boy in for a free then the defence is fine. I’d also offer Balogun another year then focus the spending on the attack/renewing contracts.

If it's Doekhi you mean I think he's away to Union Berlin by all accounts.

Looking at who Gio’s going to be building around next year, seems there’s almost half a team required.

Goldson gone this summer, Aribo, Kent, Morelos all out of contract next summer… then with McGregor/Davis/Balogun out of contract too that’s half a team of regular starters in doubt.

Then got squad players like Sakala, Wright, mixed with youngsters, potentially need 5/6 new faces who are starters. Plus need to get rid of rejects like Itten/Simpson. Massive job for Gio.

New keeper
Tav
Bassey
Souttar/King/Helander (all carry doubts)
Barisic - Is he reliable enough to have first choice?

Lundstram
Jack/Kamara

Then a full front 4 required essentially if indeed Kent/Aribo/Morelos don’t sign new deals. Some options there with Roofe/Hagi/Lowry but lots of incomings surely.
We still have katic to come back aswel

There are absolutely no guaranteed players for next season we are on the verge of a complete overhaul and every player has their price.

There will be some serious interest in our players come Monday morning I expect.

Problem is all these players play LCB katic, bassey, king, balogun, Helander. I expect balogun, Helander and katic to be moved on or at least 2 out of those 3.
Once Goldson goes I’d expect to keep 3. Bassey helander and katic would be my choice.

All depends on funds and none of us know if they will be there

Once Goldson goes I’d expect to keep 3. Bassey helander and katic would be my choice.

All depends on funds and none of us know if they will be there
I’d disagree with you on the 3 I’d go bassey, king and probably katic due to helanders injury issues. We need to spend on another RCB as John souttar isn’t the answer and isn’t going to give us 50 games a season.

Do you think he's capable of playing a part? I can't see it personally just not good enough on the ball for us.
I would like to think so. I was sad to see him loaned out. He’s a big unit with a aerial threat. I’d definitely use him as squad rotation at least

I’d disagree with you on the 3 I’d go bassey, king and probably katic due to helanders injury issues. We need to spend on another RCB as John souttar isn’t the answer and isn’t going to give us 50 games a season.

I’m also not convinced with Souttar. Helander does have injury concerns. Maybe a good preseason could keep him injury free?

I would imagine that I’ll look something like this
McLaughlin
Tav new cb bassey new lb
New dm lundstram
New rw new cam kent
Morelos

McLaughlin,Tav, bassey, lundstram, kent and Morelos as starters(kent and Morelos will extend). Would leave souttar, king, sands, McCann, jack, Kamara, arfield, Lowry, hagi, Wright, sakala, roofe and possibly a new striker to fill out the squad. With further possible reinforcements out wide.

I’d be looking to get rid of helander for whatever fee possible.

I would imagine that I’ll look something like this
McLaughlin
Tav new cb bassey new lb
New dm lundstram
New rw new cam kent
Morelos

McLaughlin,Tav, bassey, lundstram, kent and Morelos as starters(kent and Morelos will extend). Would leave souttar, king, sands, McCann, jack, Kamara, arfield, Lowry, hagi, Wright, sakala, roofe and possibly a new striker to fill out the squad. With further possible reinforcements out wide.

I’d be looking to get rid of helander for whatever fee possible.
Can't see Morelos extending. He's 25 now, 26 in June, and wants to get into the Colombia team. He's not getting that here. He's getting a squad place which is more or less a waste of time for him travelling half the world and back for 5-10 mins here and there. I think if an offer comes for him he'll want to go, or he'll wait until next year and go for free.

Can't see Morelos extending. He's 25 now, 26 in June, and wants to get into the Colombia team. He's not getting that here. He's getting a squad place which is more or less a waste of time for him travelling half the world and back for 5-10 mins here and there. I think if an offer comes for him he'll want to go, or he'll wait until next year and go for free.
Morelos will never be a regular for Columbia, as you said he’s 25 currently, if he was going to be a regular he would be by now. I just genuinely think he’ll sign an extension, might not but we’ll see.

We absolutely need to start using King, Lowry and the likes of McCann more. More than able to step up and rotate in and out as required for the appropriate games. This should allow funds to be consolidated to bring in quality rather than quantity.

We absolutely need to start using King, Lowry and the likes of McCann more. More than able to step up and rotate in and out as required for the appropriate games. This should allow funds to be consolidated to bring in quality rather than quantity.
100% we don’t need to be signing squad players when we have a crop of excellent young talent who seem more than capable to step up to the plate. I think king and Lowry are ahead of others and should regularly feature going forward but no reason Weston, McCann, mcausland etc can’t slot in and out

I don't think we would have to do that much for me to be excited about it pretty quick TBF

new GK, Tav, Bassey. AN other, Borna, Jack, Gilmour, Lundstram, Kent, Morelos AN other

If we even had an 11 like that with the likes of Lowry, King, Souttar, Arfield, Hagi kicking about I could get excited about that as a base pretty quick TBF

I really hope we see some definitive movement next week once the season ends, the rebuild is huge and there is no time to waste.

Hopefully one or two will sign new deals but if not we should have been working in the background to get deals at the right price to move them on.

Worst case scenario is we get the usual “players will take a break now then we talk about their future when they’re back” we don’t have time for that

100% this.

I can't think of any time McLaughlin has let us down. Commands his box well too. Least of our concerns along with right back.

I would like a new keeper but only if someone can tell me what McLaughlin has done wrong
McLaughlin is the goalkeeper for the big matches we may have to play next season, and will make McGregor level stops in those games?

I think McLaughlin is more than capable of being our No 1. Money should be spent on a new CH, striker and at least 2 midfielders who aren't just squad fillers.
If Kent or Aribo go then we need to look at wingers

Back