Guardiola off to Juve

Like he did at Bayern?

I still don’t see it happening because Abu Dhabi will pay him more than Juventus.
I think he realised that he could not take bayern any further,,and he didn't have a complete free hand there,,, at man City he controls everything and has one of the biggest budgets in world football

Stay all he wants they will not win the champions league as get bullied by the best of the best , think PSG , but from a bigger league .:)

Seething. :cool:
I couldn’t care less. They will cheat irrespective of who is in charge. I am not frightened of them. Liverpool pumped them, Guardiola et al, out of last year’s CL and were 18mm or one dodgy ref’s call away from winning the title.

I am merely saying I think he will stay as he will be paid more (legally or otherwise) where he is.

I know Pep's teams play fantastic football, and he's undoubtedly an amazing manager. But, since Barca he's managed Bayern and Man City - both of whom were already dominating domestically.
Man City were not even close to dominating domestically.
They hadn't won the league in 2 years and had only won 2 titles in nearly 50 years.
When he went to Bayern they had just win the their 1st title for 3 years.

Man City were not even close to dominating domestically.
They hadn't won the league in 2 years and had only won 2 titles in nearly 50 years.
When he went to Bayern they had just win the their 1st title for 3 years.

City were massively underachieving under Pellegrini and he's had a net spend of about £400M on top of that team to achieve success there.

Also Bayern were treble winners and the best team in Europe by a mile when he took over there.

Just don't think they will.

There's better teams and bigger clubs than them in the tournament and their money doesn't count as much at that level.

They've never even had a sniff of the final and it's not like they've been getting putting out by Europe's elite (it's been Monaco. Liverpool and Spurs that have tonked them out in recent years).

I don't even think their fans are particularly bothered either.

I know Pep's teams play fantastic football, and he's undoubtedly an amazing manager. But, since Barca he's managed Bayern and Man City - both of whom were already dominating domestically.

Has he made them better? Domestically absolutely - but in Europe at Bayern he got knocked out at the semi final stage three years running to Real Madrid (5-0); Barcelona (5-3); and Athletico (2-2 - lost on away goals). At Man City he was put out by Monaco in the last 16; and then Liverpool and Spurs at the quarter final stage. That's not a great record given the resources he's had.

Man City weren’t dominating domestically. Why do people barrel in with opinions when they can’t even get the basics right?

Wouldn’t be surprised.

Man City is a real house of cards which is about to come down.

Very smart of Pep to get out now.

Can you tell me how this is?

Because all I can see is the best run football club in the world (from top to bottom), albeit a corporate beast.

They will get hit with FFP sanctions but it won't bring them to their knees, far from it.

I couldn’t care less. They will cheat irrespective of who is in charge. I am not frightened of them. Liverpool pumped them, Guardiola et al, out of last year’s CL and were 18mm or one dodgy ref’s call away from winning the title.

I am merely saying I think he will stay as he will be paid more (legally or otherwise) where he is.

Of course you care. City consume every minute of your day.
But then that’s par for the course with your average Liverpool fan.
Yes, Liverpool beat them in the CL, but enjoyed some beneficial refereeing decisions in both games and also people standing on top of police vans throwing bottles at the City team bus before the game at Anfield.
Talking of pumping, you will of course recall the league game where City beat Liverpool 5-0. Well of course you do, you complained bitterly about how this was another massive injustice and conspiracy against your team.

Last edited:
City were massively underachieving under Pellegrini and he's had a net spend of about £400M on top of that team to achieve success there.

Also Bayern were treble winners and the best team in Europe by a mile when he took over there.
Underachieving is still not the same as dominating haha

Can you tell me how this is?

Because all I can see is the best run football club in the world (from top to bottom), albeit a corporate beast.

They will get hit with FFP sanctions but it won't bring them to their knees, far from it.

It’s presumably based the likely misguided assumption that the current focus on their off pitch dealings in relation to FFP will somehow result in a change to how they operate.

The noises they have made to date don’t strike me as being those of a Club ready to roll over and hold their hands up to alleged wrongdoing.

Going to the dominant, monied club in a league would certainly fit Guardiola’s previous choices of club.

Would love to see him show a set of balls and try leading a mid-table team back to glory in England, Spain, Germany or Italy. Get a team like Everton, Cologne or Sampdoria playing his brand of football - I’d love to see him do this without a load of superstars.

Back