Guy at the top of a Jordanian mountain chatting about Rangers

He’s not the first bear to be chatting Rangers in the Red Mountains!:))
It is always nice to meet new people who know something about Rangers. I have been approached in Tel Aviv bus station, got a lift from Eilat back to my house, and stopped in the Thursday market in Ber Sheba due to wearing my Rangers top in the 90s!
We are not called The Famous Glasgow Rangers for nothing!

I visited Bako National Park in Borneo a few years ago and the tour guide had grown up amongst the surrounding tribes in that area, basically arse end of nowhere, first question he asked after I stepped off the boat….’Rangers or celtic?’

Mark Beaumont cycled around the world several years ago and wrote a book about it afterwards. In it he told the story of cycling through Turkey towards its border with Iran and stopping off in a small town square to take in some food. His presence apparently got the attention of some local youths who had gathered to have a look at the stranger in their midst and it became obvious to Mark that they were trying to work out where he came from. He was starting to get a wee bit concerned about the situation until he clearly heard the words, "Glasgow Rangers" emanating across the square from someone in the group. Mark's saddlebag had a Saltire emblem and the locals at the far end of Turkey made the association and knew who we were. It made me proud when I read it.

Mark Beaumont cycled around the world several years ago and wrote a book about it afterwards. In it he told the story of cycling through Turkey towards its border with Iran and stopping off in a small town square to take in some food. His presence apparently got the attention of some local youths who had gathered to have a look at the stranger in their midst and it became obvious to Mark that they were trying to work out where he came from. He was starting to get a wee bit concerned about the situation until he clearly heard the words, "Glasgow Rangers" emanating across the square from someone in the group. Mark's saddlebag had a Saltire emblem and the locals at the far end of Turkey made the association and knew who we were. It made me proud when I read it.
That's brilliant.

Pretty sure I've seen him do videos in Syria, Pakistan and Palestine to name a few. Really good too, he was chatting away to locals and getting a feel for the culture etc

A wee guy in an Albanian bookies gave me a thumbs up and said “Nacho Novo”, just after we beat Fiorentina in 2008.

When I worked in Poland and travelled through East Germany to West Germany, the border guards when they seen from my Passport I was from Glasgow always asked about Glasgow Rangers.
I started taking Rangers badges with me if they asked about Rangers and handed them out, never had a problem with the Poles or East German guards only the West German c*nts, must have been beadrattlers

Back