GVB gameplan?

Obviously I’m chuffed with the three points tonight, but it was another frustrating performance.

I know we have injuries and conditions were poor but I cannot understand how GVB wants to play seems very slow and no link up at all.

Thoughts?
From what you see in training etc, it'd seem Gio wants us to play the opposite of that, fast one touch football, rondo drills constantly.

However, that can't always translate to games. You can see the approach he wants. But when you've ten behind the ball you kind of have to hit and hope and poke and prod

Benefit of the doubt, until he gets his own players in. Having Aribo, Kent and Morelos out tonight also didn't help much.

Planning for and playing against a team determined to just sit back and defend is tough. Gerrard learned that the hard way.

You are asking your creative players to unlock a packed 18-yard box. Unforunately, we had no Aribo, Kent or Hagi to do that. Scotty came on and did the business that was needed. Thank God.

I think it was the 2 in the middle of the park slowing it down more than the manager.

Kamara wasn't at his best and Sands looks a completely defensive player going by his performances so far.

Said before a ball was kicked tonight with Kent hagi aribo morelos all out and arfield and roofe not fit enough to start. Factor in the weather which was awful and the fact Livingston are a stuffy team that are hard to beat at the best of times. I would take any sort of win tonight. We got that. Without our goalkeeper having to make a save, if I remember right.

Chances weren’t taken

That’s on the players. That itten one was atrocious.

We could have made that far more comfortable.

The big plus is Aribo back. Can’t stress how much a massive loss he is for us and it’s something we need to be preparing for long term

As much as it’s another 3 points (which is all that matters right now), it was another lethargic performance.

Don’t really want to be critical but don’t think I’ve left a game yet under gio where I though good performance.. (trying to hold on to one nil leads won’t cut it for me either).

Hope we get a player in soon that is a first team player…. Seem to be back to Warburton like signings recently.

Yes we have players missing tonight. But the performances haven’t really been up to scratch if we’re being honest.

Too slow, Too predictable, Too conservative and safe. I don’t feel we’re as much a threat going forward as we should and could be.

But 3 points is 3 points.

It looks like we are carrying on playing same system Gerrard Management Team set up, I thought GVB would have changed it.

He has mixed it up, some games Borna & Tav dont bomb on, we only use one sitting player as well. Other times we let them get ahead, Borna got the assist for the goal tonight.

We have lost 2 goals under Gio, under Gerrard that was 13.

I thought we played well. Created chances just never took them. Difficult conditions and a reserve forward line. A win closer to the championship

Very cautious manager from the games so far, clearly not creating anywhere near the same chances as previously.

Yes the win is the most important thing but another poor performance, very tough conditions yes so I’m gonna try use that as an excuse but big improvements needed and 2 quality first team players required.

Can see he wants to play with width and wingers but probably does need to lean on what we do have more.

I’m not convinced putting as much a leash on Tav going forward is a great idea
Thought the first half we very rarely attacked wide it was like Stevie G get the ball wide and come inside. Also when they had the ball we seemed to get into shape instead of high press in numbers occasionally against inferior players

I thought we played well. Created chances just never took them. Difficult conditions and a reserve forward line. A win closer to the championship
That’s the good thing about opinions (we all are entitled to our own). But a think a was watching a different game tonight.

But to be fair Livy always sit with a low block and we rarely take many goals off them (plus we are missing our key players) so perhaps am being harsh (but still don’t think we have played great since gio came in) .

Since Gio came in, we've drawn 1 game.

They've drawn 1 and lost 1
Some folk won’t see that. Remember, Livingston drew with this mob, at home, earlier in the season. I don’t think some of our fans understand what a title fight looks like. Stop focusing on Celtic - we concentrate on what we do. Losers concentrate on winners. Winners concentrate on winning.

Some folk won’t see that. Remember, Livingston drew with this mob, at home, earlier in the season. I don’t think some of our fans understand what a title fight looks like. Stop focusing on Celtic - we concentrate on what we do. Losers concentrate on winners. Winners concentrate on winning.
You tell ‘em

He has 9 wins and 2 draws from 11 games only conceding 3 times, some of the games have been poor but we were flying before the break came and I personally thought some of our attacking play was excellent in some of those games.

We need a couple of signings in to lift everyone.

Am not focusing on them, I’m commenting on our performances which haven’t been good at all.

What’s the saying about you should always fix the roof when the sun is shining etc (don’t know ) but we have stood still in my view and I really hope it doesn’t come back to bite us !

We have a chance to put a bit of headroom between us and them if we win the league this year (plus we have Patterson few) . Lose it and we are chasing again.

I think his system heavily relies on having 2 outstanding wingers which we don’t currently have. The left wing yeah, more than content with Kent and Sakala fighting over that position.

This current system completely stifles our most creative outlet: our full backs. I really feel we need to take the hand break off Tav and Borna, at least until such time as someone has made the right wing position their own.

I wouldn’t say we played well but we had a reserve forward line and the conditions were difficult. 3 point closer.

It’s evident though that we will need to beat them. The diddy clubs won’t do us any favour and the refs will hand them the points when they need it.

That’s the good thing about opinions (we all are entitled to our own). But a think a was watching a different game tonight.

But to be fair Livy always sit with a low block and we rarely take many goals off them (plus we are missing our key players) so perhaps am being harsh (but still don’t think we have played great since gio came in) .
It’s all about opinions mate. Think you’re being a bit harsh on Gio though. He has navigated is through a real bunch of difficult fixtures at a time when the team was looking a little bit out of sorts and shipping sift goals. We maybe are not as east on the sue but our backbone is back in place and that will stand us in good stead moving forward.

Am not focusing on them, I’m commenting on our performances which haven’t been good at all.

What’s the saying about you should always fix the roof when the sun is shining etc (don’t know ) but we have stood still in my view and I really hope it doesn’t come back to bite us !

We have a chance to put a bit of headroom between us and them if we win the league this year (plus we have Patterson few) . Lose it and we are chasing again.
I’m not disagreeing that we need a 1st team addition - I’d say our performances before the break were good, we’ve played the hardest run of games and we’ve actually stretched our lead since Gio came in. He’s also stopped us leaking goals. He’s made some difference.

We have a plan ?

Wow - must be hidden away marked "Top Secret" !

Totally inept yet again and lucky to get the three points

2 Holding guys that offered Zero offensive play - the keep ball across the back Five - Mcgregor didn't have a save to make but i bet you he had more touches of the ball than our centre forward.

If our Gameplan is to leave our creativity to a centre half hitting balls to stationary players with back to goal then we are fecked. Totally scunered with where we are heading and our reliance on one or two players that could be taken away this month and more than likely in the summer.

Back