Had the board listened early enough

The fans were calling for gio to be sacked when the gap was savable. it was obvious things were at the point of no return yet we dragged our heels. Had we acted sooner we would be going for this league title. That was outstanding tonight rangers.
If her granny had baws she'd be your grand dad..(disclaimer - in Scotland she could well still be your granny but only if she/he has a GRC)

We have to factor in the time Beale had to work with the squad during the break for the World Cup. This allowed him the opportunity to get his ideas across without the "distraction " of games.

He wouldn't have had that luxury initially if brought in sooner.

Imagine where we would have went and the job in the summer if the change wasn’t made when it was or not at all.

Hasn't it been hinted that we had to wait until GVB completed his first year until we could get rid of him, I assume to due to monetary clauses?

Either way, although it definitely went on far too long and it was obvious how it would end long before he was sacked, he probably did deserve the extra time he got purely just down to the Europa run.

I think reality is that maybe maybe not would have made a difference

Honest opinion is that we are better going forward but that's partly because we now have our 2 first choice centre backs playing instead of a midfielder45 mins/davies 45 mins & 18 year old full

we are more cohesive going forward and playing a little more confidence so change needed to happen. As what ever gio tried wasnt working.

our season struggled when we didn't get davies in quick enough in the summer then goldsons injury. Could add in the other Load of injuries as well. Some prob didn't want to play for gio.

Big difference even just being able to rotate the 4 midfielders.

We will look back on this season and wonder what if for not just the manager change, the injuries, the seville hangover, poor recruitment.

Still time left to make it successful

Gio’s final months was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Only ones who couldn’t see it was our board. They dithered and although I’m thankful they eventually acted…. It appears too late for this season!

What might’ve been if they never fännied about…… :confused:

Don’t speak ill of the board on here though. Lapdogs will give you a clip on the lug.

The fans were calling for gio to be sacked when the gap was savable. it was obvious things were at the point of no return yet we dragged our heels. Had we acted sooner we would be going for this league title. That was outstanding tonight rangers.
Plenty fans weren't either unfortunately.
The Liverpool thumping should have been the final final straw.

I think the injuries and lack of options had a part to play in Gio’s downfall - Beale has benefitted from having a settled CB pairing. We are definitely heading in the right direction though, no point in looking back

We’re displaying championship winning form.

So are they, of course. But if we were level on points now I think a lot of us would now be confident of winning the league.

So by that measure I’d have to conclude the OP has a point.

How about this for a sliding doors moment
Beale wouldn’t have came to us at that point and we ended up with Dyche playing 442 signing hammer throwers.

Imagine if Alex Ferguson came to us?
Imagine if Souness didn’t? Imagine if Smith never came back :oops:

The here and now

I think reality is that maybe maybe not would have made a difference

Honest opinion is that we are better going forward but that's partly because we now have our 2 first choice centre backs playing instead of a midfielder45 mins/davies 45 mins & 18 year old full

we are more cohesive going forward and playing a little more confidence so change needed to happen. As what ever gio tried wasnt working.

our season struggled when we didn't get davies in quick enough in the summer then goldsons injury. Could add in the other Load of injuries as well. Some prob didn't want to play for gio.

Big difference even just being able to rotate the 4 midfielders.

We will look back on this season and wonder what if for not just the manager change, the injuries, the seville hangover, poor recruitment.

Still time left to make it successful
Some good points here. Can't underestimate the impact injuries had on us pre World Cup. I do think Beale is actually getting the players conditioned better than they were under Gio and maybe we're only just starting to see the fruits of that now. I do think maybe if Beale replaces Gio a few weeks earlier we avoid dropping points against one of St. Johnstone or St. Mirren, maybe a performance like tonight comes a bit sooner, but I think November would still have been a hard month to get through performance wise, between injuries, Morelos' shape and several players well off form.

This has been a great run for us, and im starting to maybe think two victories against that mob is possible. However, I cant see where else they will drop points i'm afraid

If he/she had baws they'd be your they/them.
Fwiw I agree. Albeit there may have been financial implications which poster's alluded to.
A meaty Gio pay off may have ensured Raskin and Cantwell didn't happen.

Beale has won 6 out of 6 away from home domestically.

Gio had 3 from 7! His away record this season and last was pathetic and he should never have been in the job as long as he was.

This seasons was completely written off by keeping him in the job so long.

Gio’s final months was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Only ones who couldn’t see it was our board. They dithered and although I’m thankful they eventually acted…. It appears too late for this season!

What might’ve been if they never fännied about…… :confused:

Don’t speak ill of the board on here though. Lapdogs will give you a clip on the lug.
Out of curiosity - when would you have sacked him?

Pointless looking back. We are improving and can win two cups and go unbeaten until the end of the season.

How did he chuck it?
His last three weeks in charge, 5 games, 7 points dropped, looks likely to be the decisive period of this season. Fair enough if you want to blame the players instead, but those players are now getting praise from all and sundry.

If’s, but’s and maybe’s.

As long as he’s backed in the summer, I’m confident Beale will have us challenging next season.
Not really mate. It's hardly hindsight when people wear calling it at the time.

I was thinking this after the game

Bit of a moot argument now - but it was clear Gio should have been gone after Ajax, certainly after Liverpool and undeniably after the defeat to St Johnstone.

Even more disgraceful that he was allowed to continue until St Mirren.

His last three weeks in charge, 5 games, 7 points dropped, looks likely to be the decisive period of this season. Fair enough if you want to blame the players instead, but those players are now getting praise from all and sundry.
I'm not disputing he wasn't the correct manager and he made bad decisions. But he chucked it? As in stopped trying?

Bit of a moot argument now - but it was clear Gio should have been gone after Ajax, certainly after Liverpool and undeniably after the defeat to St Johnstone.

Even more disgraceful that he was allowed to continue until St Mirren.
The only game between St Johnstone and St Mirren was a win. What made it even more disgraceful?

I'm not disputing he wasn't the correct manager and he made bad decisions. But he chucked it? As in stopped trying?
Maybe that was the wrong word, not saying he did it deliberately, but ran out of ideas, ran out of steam, possibly lost the changing room, though who knows.

That’s my massive frustration. I think there was just two points in it after the Liverpool debacle.

We’ve left it too late and handed them the CL money once again, frustrating.

Back