Hagi out for the season

surprised he walked off with a cruciate injury so it can’t be too bad (4 months isn’t too bad for knee).

i can imagine there would be ligament damage as his leg clashed in mid air, imagine the leg went different directions above and below the knee and he did call to the bench as soon as it happened
Having had an ACL rupture an MCL tear and bone damage requiring a MACI procedure myself you'd be surprised that you can walk after doing it.

Feel for the lad, some hard graft needed but not an injury that will ruin him nowadays as it would have 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Shame for Hagi, hope he recovers well and gets back for next season. At least age is on his side.

We do have a few who can play that role, so would much prefer that we bring in a right winger if we do get someone in, rather than try to replace Hagi.

Ronseal.

Press conference.

Hagi out for the season

Knee reconstruction.

Operation in London yesterday - out for four months.
Fk me at that age that isnt good. Lowry now has a better chance to break through, and some of the fringe 1st team to step up. Good luck fella. Hoping all goes well with the op.

Shame for Hagi, hope he recovers well and gets back for next season. At least age is on his side.

We do have a few who can play that role, so would much prefer that we bring in a right winger if we do get someone in, rather than try to replace Hagi.
Ref age, depends on what it is and where + his bodies regenerative power and the skill of the surgeon. These things are fickle. He has been really influential over the last 18 months.

We saw it in BF5 and knew it was a bad one straight away. I was surprised we he got up and walked about to be honest. I also seem to remember Beaton gave a free kick to the opposition, not a corner, but I'm old and memory isn't great. Gutted for Hagi.
Aye, as soon as it happened he put his hand up that he needed treatment. It looked a nasty collision but there was no malice from either player. Just an unfortunate coming together.

I am not going to be a hypocrite, not a fan of the lad who has contributed next to nothing this season. Obviously I hope he makes a full recovery, but he is not going to be missed in the manner that many on this thread are suggesting.

If anything it may well be the catalyst for us to add a pacy, goal scoring and consistent number ten. I wish young Mr Hagi all the best as I don’t like to see any Ranger suffer a bad injury, hopefully he comes back with something like his 20/21 league winning form.

No matter the differing views on here, he is one of our better forward thinking players, its a priority to look to replace him by next week.

Just catching up - this is a real blow.

IMO we are short in that area now.

Hopefully Arfield can stay clear of injury and get back to form.

Not a peep from the media over the tackle either.

No difference between that and Ideguchi.
What nonsense. Hagi injured himself by kicking the defender (accidentally). The defender didn't actually make a tackle, just nicked the ball away.

Not good news - hopefully he comes back refreshed in the summer and back to top form.

I think we needed somebody for that position before this happened so I imagine that is where we will be spending some of that NP money.

Where is the four months timescale being reported?

Not seen this other than in the OP.
I think people are confusing out for the rest of the season with him being back fit by the end of May, I’m sure Gio hinted he may not be ready for the start of next season which makes much more sense.

I feared the worst when it happened. Hope he makes a full recovery without any setbacks.

This is the chance for Lowry. If we are really going to produce our own players, this is the type of scenario where it should be happening. Or else whats the point of having a squad and a pathway to the team?

Going out an buying a replacement just makes it all the harder for this to happen.

Seen some comments online saying we won’t miss him but I have to say he’s been 1 of our top 3 this season so far for me. Huge loss hope his op goes ok

69426194ce367e934a750f2fb7489a9d.gif

Just catching up - this is a real blow.

IMO we are short in that area now.

Hopefully Arfield can stay clear of injury and get back to form.
Get well asap Iains.

As much as i love Scottie - and he would have sorted lego out last week, hes 33, and the legs begin to go. We really really need a combative young mid. Thats the one position im concerned about. Davis is immense, but he’ll know himself hes coming to the end. Jack-if fit, and can stay fit, great but fitness is a big question. Aribo/kamara-1st class, but neither of them are enforcers. One holds the other drives. Great combo. But the one position, the lynchpin, is still to be found. That is where IMO we need to spend money and build an already good team around.

I don’t think he’ll be back at all (for Rangers)
?

Why exactly? No suitors are going to come in for him until he’s kicked a ball again and he’s contracted to Rangers until Summer 2024. He’s also slated to return at the start of next season. I think the chances of him not kicking a ball again for Rangers are slim to none.

I always feel FF get a bit too dramatic when we receive some bad news. Of course he’ll be back scoring for our club next season.

Seen some comments online saying we won’t miss him but I have to say he’s been 1 of our top 3 this season so far for me. Huge loss hope his op goes ok
I’m gutted for him, but surely a wind up? He’s been pretty rotten this season. That being said we know he’s capable of producing moments of quality, so either way it is a loss.

Wishing a speedy recovery for him.

I feel for the guy, but with him out, Davis still out, Jack unreliable, Bacuna and Lundstram not showing a lot, we need a midfielder in as soon as possible, and only 5 days to do so.

Disappointing and sadly at a very bad time for Ianis and Rangers. I know he’s been off form but I was fully expecting him to settle and flourish in a more central role that suits him much better than wide right. He’s a talented, creative player but his attitude and work ethic impresses me too and that will hopefully see him get over this injury positively. I certainly hope so.

In the meantime, it’s an opportunity for young Lowry to get more game time and first team experience under his belt, I hope he gets that chance.

Back